German Shootout - 15 Dead

not spot kicks , murder.

Click Here
    At least 10 killed in shooting at German school

Associated Press

March 11, 2009 at 6:29 AM EDT

9 Comments

Original Poster

WINNENDEN, Germany — Police say a gunman dressed in a black combat u … WINNENDEN, Germany — Police say a gunman dressed in a black combat uniform opened fire at a high school in southern Germany today, killing at least 10 people and injuring others before fleeing the scene.Area police spokesman Klaus Hinderer said students were among those killed, but had no further details. He said the attacker fled the Albertville high school after the attack and police were searching for him. The school was evacuated.About 1,000 children attend the school, in a suburb some 20 kilometres northeast of Stuttgart.MORE TO COME

Thanks for letting us know that, made my day.

Surely if I want to read about things like this I can go to one of the many news web sites like the BBC.

While it is an awful thing, do I REALLY need to know this?

Does it effect me one way or another,that 15 people have been killed in Germany?

guilbert53;4609199

Thanks for letting us know that, made my day.Surely if I want to read … Thanks for letting us know that, made my day.Surely if I want to read about things like this I can go to one of the many news web sites like the BBC.While it is an awful thing, do I REALLY need to know this?Does it effect me one way or another,that 15 people have been killed in Germany?

LOL

I know what you mean,it was just on the radio as "breaking news"

guilbert53;4609199

Thanks for letting us know that, made my day.Surely if I want to read … Thanks for letting us know that, made my day.Surely if I want to read about things like this I can go to one of the many news web sites like the BBC.While it is an awful thing, do I REALLY need to know this?Does it effect me one way or another,that 15 people have been killed in Germany?

I don't have a problem with this. This is the misc part of the forum where anything goes. You don't like it, go to a part of the forum that suits you. Thanks OP for letting us know about this tragic event. RIP to the pupils involved.

kemo;4609249

I don't have a problem with this. This is the misc part of the forum … I don't have a problem with this. This is the misc part of the forum where anything goes. You don't like it, go to a part of the forum that suits you. Thanks OP for letting us know about this tragic event. RIP to the pupils involved.

Tragic, what goes through people like this heads??!!

Many many people die everyday and you cant list them all on here,Have a look at this website and you can see where someone is born and someone dies on average every day,This would be a busy forum if we listed them all individually,
    breathingearth.net/

tonyg1962;4609732

Many many people die everyday and you cant list them all on here,Have a … Many many people die everyday and you cant list them all on here,Have a look at this website and you can see where someone is born and someone dies on average every day,This would be a busy forum if we listed them all individually,http://www.breathingearth.net/

Maybe so, but events of mass-murder of this nature, in very developed societies, particularly within the EU, are thankfully rare, so of course when such a tragic event does happen it is (and should be) major news...

I'm sure we all remember how horrific Dunblane was, which thankfully led to pretty dramatic changes in gun-control - if anything 'good' can come from events like this it is a tightening of the rules which allow weapons designed to kill humans to exist in our society.

jah128;4609819

I'm sure we all remember how horrific Dunblane was, which thankfully … I'm sure we all remember how horrific Dunblane was, which thankfully led to pretty dramatic changes in gun-control - if anything 'good' can come from events like this it is a tightening of the rules which allow weapons designed to kill humans to exist in our society.

Maybe the changes on the surface are for the good, but the only people it really affected was legal pistol owners, the type of lunatic to use a weapon to kill arent going to be bothered by it being illegal to own the weapon when there intent is so much worse, guns are just as easily available now as before on the underground scene,if I so wanted I could have a choice of guns within an hour or so.

harlzter;4609972

Maybe the changes on the surface are for the good, but the only people it … Maybe the changes on the surface are for the good, but the only people it really affected was legal pistol owners, the type of lunatic to use a weapon to kill arent going to be bothered by it being illegal to own the weapon when there intent is so much worse, guns are just as easily available now as before on the underground scene,if I so wanted I could have a choice of guns within an hour or so.

What you say is undoubtedly true (and worrying!) but regardless events of this nature have made rules & regs on gun ownership stricter and penalties more severe - I would hope that its getting harder for kids to get hold of guns (as appears to be the case here) but obviously its not something that can be eradicated completely, particularly when the arms industry remains so big thanks to the US...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions