Get £15 for booking free smart meter installation with SSE via TopCashback

Found 27th Apr
***Existing SSE Customers only!***

Nice offer on TopCashBack for SSE customers... £15 cashback just for booking for smart meter installation!

topcashback.co.uk/sse/

valid until 29th April
Community Updates
Top comments
pet20001 h, 34 m ago

So they pay now for an installation. Good luck with future bills, it will …So they pay now for an installation. Good luck with future bills, it will be more than a £15 loss.

What an earth are you on???
Why would companies charge you more on your smart meter than the old one, it's a myth !
12 Comments
So they pay now for an installation. Good luck with future bills, it will be more than a £15 loss.
Edited by: "pet2000" 27th Apr
deleted405012
Don't fall for it. If they are having to pay people to install these things then it can only mean that they will make more money out of you in the long run.
deleted40501227th Apr

Don't fall for it. If they are having to pay people to install these …Don't fall for it. If they are having to pay people to install these things then it can only mean that they will make more money out of you in the long run.

I think they have to meet a government quota of number installed each year...
Thanks @dufus124 as this is a TCB heads up I've moved this over to Misc
pet20001 h, 34 m ago

So they pay now for an installation. Good luck with future bills, it will …So they pay now for an installation. Good luck with future bills, it will be more than a £15 loss.

What an earth are you on???
Why would companies charge you more on your smart meter than the old one, it's a myth !
Misslovely9 h, 20 m ago

What an earth are you on??? Why would companies charge you more on your …What an earth are you on??? Why would companies charge you more on your smart meter than the old one, it's a myth !

Agreed. Hear a lot of scaremongering about smart meters but the cost is clearly laid out in kwph and standing charge, same as non smart meters. OVO emailed me to say my price was going up, so I switched. Same as if I had a non-smart meter. Please if someone knows how they are getting more money out of me then let us all know.
Why are people freaking out about smart meters when they most likely own smart phones and smart devices in the home.

What's the down side?

Is it just people being afraid of change or just repeating nonsense someone on the Internet said?.
Existing smart meters become dumb meters when you swap to a new supplier. The new specification / generation of smart meters which do maintain their functionality when switching between suppliers are being released later this year.
These meters charge you for the energy from the power station and not what you use from your meter this is more as there is leakage/wastage on its travel to your home,so say you use 1kw the power station needs to send out 1.2kw and this is what they will charge.
ScubaDudes3 h, 8 m ago

What's the down side?

Improper installation burning your house down? Have a friend who is currently on her third month in a hotel room (with her family of four) after such an experience.
_Rappy_28th Apr

These meters charge you for the energy from the power station and not what …These meters charge you for the energy from the power station and not what you use from your meter this is more as there is leakage/wastage on its travel to your home,so say you use 1kw the power station needs to send out 1.2kw and this is what they will charge.

So not a good thing then shouldn't they count this as expense on their part for providing services that we use at home shouldn't they have to pay for this as we only have to pay for what we use.
Edited by: "sydney2" 28th Apr
Euclid5 h, 16 m ago

Existing smart meters become dumb meters when you swap to a new supplier. …Existing smart meters become dumb meters when you swap to a new supplier. The new specification / generation of smart meters which do maintain their functionality when switching between suppliers are being released later this year.

Yes, that's the downside. Wouldn't consider a smart meter until switching with one is made easy. Once the new meters are in place, then it's worth a try
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants