Get 18 consecutive days off work in 2019 by using just 9 days of annual leave.

Found 14th Jul
Book off Tuesday the 23rd of April to Friday the 3rd of May, using nine days of annual leave. Because of Easter your last day in the office will be Thursday 18th of April. You won’t return until Tuesday the 7th of May because of early Bank Holiday, meaning you’ll have enjoyed 18 consecutive days off.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Willy wangling is strong in this thread !
brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national holiday dates after leaving school

addendum:

true story, circa 10 years' ago:-

I once gave a price based on contract service cover uplift for weekends, public holidays and regional bank holidays, this senior person, decision maker, didn't know how to, and did not,total up these days in a year to determine the extra cover days for herself....I had to show her number by number how I came to the total extra cover days on a piece of A4 paper, written by hand on the spot.
Edited by: "splender" 14th Jul
37 Comments
Moved to misc as info post. Thanks
brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national holiday dates after leaving school

addendum:

true story, circa 10 years' ago:-

I once gave a price based on contract service cover uplift for weekends, public holidays and regional bank holidays, this senior person, decision maker, didn't know how to, and did not,total up these days in a year to determine the extra cover days for herself....I had to show her number by number how I came to the total extra cover days on a piece of A4 paper, written by hand on the spot.
Why would you waste 9 days holiday, that's almost half of what most people get
Book any week with the weekend before and during, get 9 days for 5 days holiday.
What if you don’t work in an office Monday to Friday or your bank holidays are added to your annual leave.
What if you've taken early retirement?
niconelove2 h, 6 m ago

Why would you waste 9 days holiday, that's almost half of what most people …Why would you waste 9 days holiday, that's almost half of what most people get

Really, guess I lucked out with getting 44 a year.
splender4 h, 2 m ago

brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national …brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national holiday dates after leaving schooladdendum: true story, circa 10 years' ago:-I once gave a price based on contract service cover uplift for weekends, public holidays and regional bank holidays, this senior person, decision maker, didn't know how to, and did not,total up these days in a year to determine the extra cover days for herself....I had to show her number by number how I came to the total extra cover days on a piece of A4 paper, written by hand on the spot.

(The need for) Education does not cease after leaving school.

Would you like some help with sentence construction & the correct use of punctuation?
waylonolivier2 h, 0 m ago

What if you've taken early retirement?

Your (calendar) days are numbered.
Bargainhead2 h, 12 m ago

What if you don’t work in an office Monday to Friday or your bank holidays …What if you don’t work in an office Monday to Friday or your bank holidays are added to your annual leave.

What if you work in a bank & you are working during a public holiday?
Cakeboy793 h, 13 m ago

Really, guess I lucked out with getting 44 a year.

Thats called part time work
niconelove19 m ago

Thats called part time work

I work shifts that average out at 35 hours a week, but with all my leave and the fixed shift pattern we do, I actually only work 186 days a year. I should correct my earlier figure too, it's actually only 41 days leave I get
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 14th Jul
fanpages3 h, 50 m ago

(The need for) Education does not cease after leaving school.Would you …(The need for) Education does not cease after leaving school.Would you like some help with sentence construction & the correct use of punctuation?

Yes please, I can arrange for people to pay you £20/hr here to get tuition from you.
The rate is : you get £20/hr.
People in MISC benefit from far better English by your personal tuition

win-win.

I shall do a post here shortly advertising £20/hr, is it enough for your time?

PM me your English qualification for verification, if you have one to hand, thank you.
fanpages5 h, 28 m ago

(The need for) Education does not cease after leaving school.Would you …(The need for) Education does not cease after leaving school.Would you like some help with sentence construction & the correct use of punctuation?

Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a teacher with basic minimal quality. I just sampled your work from yesterday, please review your proficiency in English, first part is what you typed yesterday and second part is my annotation, which draws your attention for review of your English.

I have concerns if you had sufficient quality as a teacher, but do tell us/me why you are correct
: hotukdeals.com/com…123:-

If your English is like your sample text below, I will find it impossible to sell you as a teacher as you need to improve to GCSE level.

================================================================================================
Your original text (in which I believe that you may have ~13 grammar/language errors)-

Do not use "implicit bias" to describe anything. Using words/phrases that people will struggle to understand either the meaning or context will just alienate community members. Use well-known or easy-to-understand phrases/wording.

I was going to suggest "Mind over matter" as a name for the charity, but I see that has already been used:

[ totalgiving.co.uk/cha…ity ]

A variation of this could still be possible if the local community's name or their physical geographical location is included within the charity name, though.

I would go for a name that describes the charity's goal, their vision, or their objectives, & that promotes the clear intention.

There is no point making a hurdle for charity workers to overcome before they engage others in conversation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My annotation of your text showing needs for your attention in {xxx} as my starter for ten, I note that you have a total of ~13 possible errors in what you typed yesterday. When you believe that you are correct and that I am wrong, do respond :-

Do not use "implicit bias" to describe anything. Using words/phrases that people will struggle to understand {missing verb after a participal phrase? } either the meaning or context will{will, could or may?} just alienate community {<-- adjective or noun as members following is a noun} members. {Pronoun missing with following verb? }Use well-known or {easy-to-understand is incorrect use of hyphenation? } phrases/wording.

I was going to suggest "Mind over matter" as a name for the charity, but I see that has already been used {present perfect continous or should it be past because name was taken, it is no longer continous?}:

[ totalgiving.co.uk/cha…ity ]

A variation of this could still be possible if the local community's name or their {incorrect use of their, how about "its"?} physical {missing comma when using consecutive adjectives?} geographical location is included within the charity name, though{comma though, what is it doing dangling at the end?}.

I would go for a name that describes the charity's goal, {their? or should it be "its"} vision, or {their? } objectives, & that promotes the clear intention.

There is no point { preposition needed?} making a hurdle for charity {noun used instead of adjective which is charitable, since you have a noun following which is "worker"} workers to overcome before they engage others in conversation.
^
"Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a teacher with basic minimal quality. I just sampled your work from yesterday, please review your proficiency in English, first part is what you typed yesteray and second part is my annotation which draws your attention for review your English standard."

Yesterday
that

Based on your so-called 'corrections' to my previous comment, please do not go on.

I have not got enough time left in my life to advise you on how to read English &/or how to comprehend it. You still need instruction on the use of punctuation, though. <- {comma though, what is it doing dangling at the end?}, for example, as well as the pause to separate clauses after "...proficiency in English", & before "first part is what you typed..." in your second sentence above.

What I typed in my comment is as I intended regardless of how you think you have improved the wording.
If you are using software to analyse my text, however, I would advise using something else.
fanpages31 m ago

^"Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a …^"Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a teacher with basic minimal quality. I just sampled your work from yesterday, please review your proficiency in English, first part is what you typed yesteray and second part is my annotation which draws your attention for review your English standard."YesterdaythatBased on your so-called 'corrections' to my previous comment, please do not go on.I have not got enough time left in my life to advise you on how to read English &/or how to comprehend it. You still need instruction on the use of punctuation, though. <- {comma though, what is it doing dangling at the end?}, for example, as well as the pause to separate clauses after "...proficiency in English", & before "first part is what you typed..." in your second sentence above.What I typed in my comment is as I intended regardless of how you think you have improved the wording.If you are using software to analyse my text, however, I would advise using something else.

do not get annoyed and over-react by being exposed for your own grammar and language, I know how bad it is to lose dignity ....try to improve on your own errors, if you believe that you are right with your ~13 errors, feel free to say so anytime, is a week long enough?

BTW, I don't and I didn't use in the above any software to process your text, it was all done by me manually.
fanpages1 h, 0 m ago

^"Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a …^"Please allow me to do some due diligence before I put you forward as a teacher with basic minimal quality. I just sampled your work from yesterday, please review your proficiency in English, first part is what you typed yesteray and second part is my annotation which draws your attention for review your English standard."YesterdaythatBased on your so-called 'corrections' to my previous comment, please do not go on.I have not got enough time left in my life to advise you on how to read English &/or how to comprehend it. You still need instruction on the use of punctuation, though. <- {comma though, what is it doing dangling at the end?}, for example, as well as the pause to separate clauses after "...proficiency in English", & before "first part is what you typed..." in your second sentence above.What I typed in my comment is as I intended regardless of how you think you have improved the wording.If you are using software to analyse my text, however, I would advise using something else.

You made another grammatical error between "which" and "that". The rule is, if the sentence doesn’t need the clause that the word in question is connecting, use which. If it does, use that.

And in British English, the word which is often used interchangeably with the restrictive that. However, if you review what I had written, mine was a non restrictive relative clause, so my usage of "which" is correct. Your use of "that" is wrong.

I note that this is the third serious challenge that you made against me using your superior English.
Cakeboy793 h, 45 m ago

I work shifts that average out at 35 hours a week, but with all my leave …I work shifts that average out at 35 hours a week, but with all my leave and the fixed shift pattern we do, I actually only work 186 days a year. I should correct my earlier figure too, it's actually only 41 days leave I get

Shiftworker here too. In a 5 week period I get 14 days off - minus the 10 days that everyone else gets for weekends, it puts me 4 days ahead of them. Over 52 weeks that works out as 42 more days off than your mon-fri worker... Add to that 25 days leave plus an additional 8 for bank holidays... Works out as roughly more time off than Santa Claus 😁
splender57 m ago

BTW, I don't and I didn't use in the above any software to process your …BTW, I don't and I didn't use in the above any software to process your text, it was all done by me manually.

Don't tell fibs.
deeky5 m ago

Don't tell fibs.

You can try to pump fanpages' words through such software if you like to find out for yourself, then compare with my annotation!

Mine is my own original work.
splender54 m ago

You made another grammatical error between "which" and "that". The rule …You made another grammatical error between "which" and "that". The rule is, if the sentence doesn’t need the clause that the word in question is connecting, use which. If it does, use that.And in British English, the word which is often used interchangeably with the restrictive that.I note that this is the third serious challenge that you made against me using your superior English.

34353233-wY6g2.jpg

I am not going to justify (again) why you think I made "~13 errors", as I covered (some of) that above.

It is odd how your own posts are now a lot easier to understand even if the content is still incorrect.

I wonder if you purposely spout nonsense with your 'normal' comments just to gain a reaction.

It did serve as a reminder why I "muted" your ramblings months ago, though.

Giving you another chance was another mistake to add to my pile of shame.
fanpages7 m ago

[Image] I am not going to justify (again) why you think I made "~13 …[Image] I am not going to justify (again) why you think I made "~13 errors", as I covered (some of) that above.It is odd how your own posts are now a lot easier to understand even if the content is still incorrect.I wonder if you purposely spout nonsense with your 'normal' comments just to gain a reaction.It did serve as a reminder why I "muted" your ramblings months ago, though.Giving you another chance was another mistake to add to my pile of shame.

You are really struggling for your dignity and grace.

You come here strong in your English and you are not strong to take it on the chin for your own errors.
splender7 m ago

You can try to pump fanpages' words through such software if you like to …You can try to pump fanpages' words through such software if you like to find out for yourself, ,then compare with my annotation! Mine is my own original work. <==self certified.

So why are most of your comments confusing, at best, or unintelligible at worst (and I don't mean to be rude, I'm just speaking as I see it), if your knowledge of the English language is so good? Why don't you use the correct grammar and punctuation all the time? Surely it's no more difficult?

Edit: ^ I don't claim to be an expert
Edited by: "deeky" 14th Jul
deeky16 m ago

So why are most of your comments confusing, at best, or unintelligible at …So why are most of your comments confusing, at best, or unintelligible at worst (and I don't mean to be rude, I'm just speaking as I see it), if your knowledge of the English language is so good? Why don't you use the correct grammar and punctuation all the time? Surely it's no more difficult?Edit: ^ I don't claim to be an expert

Read above in this thread who threw down the gauntlet, I never said my English is any good in the first place. Mine is rubbish.

P.S. (added)

This encounter is an example of , "Return your sword to its place, for all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword."
richp3 m ago

Reported for impersonating a Moderator
splender12 h, 37 m ago

brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national …brilliant for those who cannot read, write and use calendar+ national holiday dates after leaving schooladdendum: true story, circa 10 years' ago:-I once gave a price based on contract service cover uplift for weekends, public holidays and regional bank holidays, this senior person, decision maker, didn't know how to, and did not,total up these days in a year to determine the extra cover days for herself....I had to show her number by number how I came to the total extra cover days on a piece of A4 paper, written by hand on the spot.

Wow! By hand? On the spot?! You sound like a real champ. You really showed her. I bet that, dazzled by your virtuoso grasp of workforce planning, she swooned on the spot and demanded you take her roughly in the barn. You're like the James Bond of HR.

Based on this, and your other bizarre comments, you sound like a fascinating individual. We should totally grab a beer some time. Though I would be worried about falling for your charms in a similar fashion to your dullard colleague, and compromising my modesty. Or about you telling me I'm drinking my beer wrong.
Just to make it easier, would you consider deleting the off topic posts in this thread, and continue debating each other using private messaging?
Edited by: "androidavis" 15th Jul
miikeyblue7 h, 54 m ago

Shiftworker here too. In a 5 week period I get 14 days off - minus the 10 …Shiftworker here too. In a 5 week period I get 14 days off - minus the 10 days that everyone else gets for weekends, it puts me 4 days ahead of them. Over 52 weeks that works out as 42 more days off than your mon-fri worker... Add to that 25 days leave plus an additional 8 for bank holidays... Works out as roughly more time off than Santa Claus 😁

It’s great isn’t it. I work 6 on 4 off so it works out pretty much the same as yours. I get 33 days of annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.

I love that 6 days of my annual leave will give me a fortnight off as well.
cannibalwombat6 h, 42 m ago

Wow! By hand? On the spot?! You sound like a real champ. You really showed …Wow! By hand? On the spot?! You sound like a real champ. You really showed her. I bet that, dazzled by your virtuoso grasp of workforce planning, she swooned on the spot and demanded you take her roughly in the barn. You're like the James Bond of HR. Based on this, and your other bizarre comments, you sound like a fascinating individual. We should totally grab a beer some time. Though I would be worried about falling for your charms in a similar fashion to your dullard colleague, and compromising my modesty. Or about you telling me I'm drinking my beer wrong.

Your writing is florid.
What a thread.

34356429-r4G9Z.jpg
deeky14 h, 19 m ago

So why are most of your comments confusing, at best, or unintelligible at …So why are most of your comments confusing, at best, or unintelligible at worst (and I don't mean to be rude, I'm just speaking as I see it), if your knowledge of the English language is so good? Why don't you use the correct grammar and punctuation all the time? Surely it's no more difficult?Edit: ^ I don't claim to be an expert

looks like my skills are required here?
Shift worker here.

I get loadsa time off anyway. 3 weeks off very very soon. Some of my old school buddies message me on FB and ask what I do as I always seem to be off
Assuming we will all still have jobs after Brexit.
Chiptivo7 h, 6 m ago

Assuming we will all still have jobs after Brexit.

Zzzz Zzzz zzzz
I feel like I'm getting shafted with holidays. I get 25 + 9 statutory holidays. Even when I'm on holiday i get emails and phone calls

I also can't take the first 2 weeks of a month off or any time in September/October.
niconelove14th Jul

Why would you waste 9 days holiday, that's almost half of what most people …Why would you waste 9 days holiday, that's almost half of what most people get

Only if you work for a **** employer who refuses to give more than the legal minimum of 20 days.

Of the 6 permanent employers I've had going back over 20 years, one employer gave me 22 days per year and the other 5 were all over 25.
Edited by: "spoo" 17th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants