Get a refund if Amazon drops the price of an item you just bought (conditions apply)

Found 5th Dec 2013
Hi.

Apologies if this has already been posted or is common knowledge.

Amazon has confirmed that it will refund the difference in any price drop that occurs within 7 days of the item being dispatched, so long as:

a) the drop is more than £10*;
b) Amazon is notified within 7 calendar days of dispatch;
c) the item is dispatched by Amazon^

* it was said that a refund may also be made in "exceptional circumstances" - no elaboration was given on this

^ Unfortunately this doesn't include Fulfilled By Amazon orders as these are dispatched by third parties.

I realise that there are a few restrictions so it's not going to apply to every order, but this will hopefully be of some use to people coming up to Christmas!

I've included a chat transcript in the first post for people's reference.

Seasons greetings!
Community Updates
35 Comments
very good spot
Original Poster
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/citizeneraseduk/Chat_zps87698294.png
Edited by: "CitizenErasedUK" 5th Dec 2013
Standard policy been able to get refunds for drop in prices for a long time
This should be in Miscellaneous not deals.
Original Poster
Quiz

This should be in Miscellaneous not deals.

My thought process is that a lot of people will miss it if it's in miscellaneous and a lot of people won't be aware of it already.

Edit: Having looked through miscellaneous (for the first time, having been a member for almost 4 years), I must disagree - I think this is a deal; it could save a lot of people a lot of money and - in my honest opinion - doesn't belong amongst general chat. Just my two pennies' worth.
Edited by: "CitizenErasedUK" 5th Dec 2013
simplyjimbo

Standard policy been able to get refunds for drop in prices for a long … Standard policy been able to get refunds for drop in prices for a long time

I thought they'd got rid of it when they stopped postage charges.

I suppose they've brought it back now they've started charging postage again
good to know when my bank card wont let me spend
Must be hundreds of people who paid £4 too much for the oralb 600 toothbrush
Bought something from amazon.fr last week. Price dropped 0.99, just 2 days later - they emailed me and said they'd refund it.
Banned
waytogo0026

good to know when my bank card wont let me spend

I don't get it.
apology accepted
Thanks for sharing this information CitizenErasedUK, and for uploading the transcript too.
miikeyblue

Bought something from amazon.fr last week. Price dropped 0.99, just 2 … Bought something from amazon.fr last week. Price dropped 0.99, just 2 days later - they emailed me and said they'd refund it.

Did you ask for the refund, or was it some sort of automatic generated reply?
Transformers

Did you ask for the refund, or was it some sort of automatic generated … Did you ask for the refund, or was it some sort of automatic generated reply?

Totally automatic. I'd never even spotted the price drop.
miikeyblue

Totally automatic. I'd never even spotted the price drop.

That's pretty cool. Wish Amazon UK did that too.
I got a refund yesterday from amazon for a lightning deal that I bought, got £3.50 refunded so item only coz me £3.00 bargain!!
sancho1983

I thought they'd got rid of it when they stopped postage charges. I … I thought they'd got rid of it when they stopped postage charges. I suppose they've brought it back now they've started charging postage again

Never noticed it being stopped. Have had refunds in respect of price changes all the time, even had refunds on footwear approx 3 weeks after dispatch. It was either a refund of the difference or a return of the goods via their free returns service whilst reordering at the lower price.
Thanks for the info
Amazon scrapped this ages ago when it was policy. Nice to see it sort of back.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 5th Dec 2013
bought the WD 3tb at 13:26, price dropped by 3.82, went to online chat with customer service, checked my order and adjusted my order price accordingly.

I think Amazon's after sale service is awesome, hence why it is my first choice for all my purchases.
Customer Service is awesome, I bought a DVD a few weeks back and decided to return it. When I went through the returns service last night it told me I didn't need to return it I could keep it!
CitizenErasedUK

My thought process is that a lot of people will miss it if it's in … My thought process is that a lot of people will miss it if it's in miscellaneous and a lot of people won't be aware of it already.Edit: Having looked through miscellaneous (for the first time, having been a member for almost 4 years), I must disagree - I think this is a deal; it could save a lot of people a lot of money and - in my honest opinion - doesn't belong amongst general chat. Just my two pennies' worth.

1st rule of Misc Club

DON'T DISS MISC CLUB!!! oO
Thanks for the info just received back £5
Thanks for this, I had no idea they did this!
So the uk site automatic or do I have to contact them , I have a product that dropped £5 day after I purchased
hopped

So the uk site automatic or do I have to contact them , I have a product … So the uk site automatic or do I have to contact them , I have a product that dropped £5 day after I purchased

It's not automatic as far as I'm aware, I bought an item a couple of weeks ago which dropped £8 the next day - mailed them and asked for a refund and they provided it.

John
This is a bit off topic but thought it was a really interesting fact. All Amazon employees spend 2 days every 2 years working at the customer service desk at Amazon, even the CEO.
Excellent thanks for sharing, I never even knew this x
I ordered something from a third party seller yesterday only to go back and find it was cheaper
I tried to cancel but it has already been dispatched and I have been refunded
Can I not just refuse delivery so it is automatically returned ?
P.S its even cheaper this morning
Original Poster
thewongwing101

I ordered something from a third party seller yesterday only to go back … I ordered something from a third party seller yesterday only to go back and find it was cheaperI tried to cancel but it has already been dispatched and I have been refundedCan I not just refuse delivery so it is automatically returned ?P.S its even cheaper this morning

Absolutely. I've done this plenty of times. Just put, 'Return to sender' on the envelope and pop it in a post box (assuming the sender's details are already displayed)
CitizenErasedUK

Absolutely. I've done this plenty of times. Just put, 'Return to sender' … Absolutely. I've done this plenty of times. Just put, 'Return to sender' on the envelope and pop it in a post box (assuming the sender's details are already displayed)

What I mean is can I just not sign for it ?
going to be too big to shove in a post box anyway
and just to add further insult the perishing thing has been posted on here
Thanks OP. I just asked for a refund of £5 for a reduced item and they did it immediately with no questions asked. Didn't even mention the £10 limit!
Eden0032

Thanks OP. I just asked for a refund of £5 for a reduced item and they … Thanks OP. I just asked for a refund of £5 for a reduced item and they did it immediately with no questions asked. Didn't even mention the £10 limit!

This is now at their discretion; they scrapped this policy a while ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants