Groups

GET Channel Five With Out SKy Card?

Anyone seen these guides on ebay? 110503594285 / 180474297283
    Does anyone know the info? I have tried google but cannot see anywhere to be able to get channel five on sky without subscription? Once your freesat card expires channel five, fiver etc cannot be viewed but these listings claim there is a way around it. I know its only a couple of quid but dont want to pay scammers if it is fake, if anyone has any ideas please let me know
    thanks

12 Comments

You can get five without a viewing card, though it won't appear on the program guide ........ here's how you do it:

On the Sky box go to Services > System Setup > Add Channels
    Enter the following details:
    Frequency: 10773MHz (10.773GHz)
    Polarity: Horizontal
    Symbol rate: 22000 (22.0Mb)
    FEC: 5/6
    Go to Find Channels, highlight “Five″, and press the yellow button(to store the channel), then press Select.
    To view channel 5 you have to go to Services > Other Channels, and select “Five″

danmc;8040249

You can get five without a viewing card, though it won't appear on the … You can get five without a viewing card, though it won't appear on the program guide ........ here's how you do it:On the Sky box go to Services > System Setup > Add ChannelsEnter the following details:Frequency: 10773MHz (10.773GHz)Polarity: HorizontalSymbol rate: 22000 (22.0Mb)FEC: 5/6Go to Find Channels, highlight “Five″, and press the yellow button(to store the channel), then press Select.To view channel 5 you have to go to Services > Other Channels, and select “Five″

Repped - I never knew this.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks alot - repped

Hi, just read your msg about Ch 5, my Itv channel 3 has disappeared, my sky card has run out but we watch the tv through the sky dish as we have very poor/non existent reception through our normal aerial. Can I do the same to get itv back? Would really appreciate some help with this....and preferably an idiot guide of what to do, lol, as I'm abit of a techno phobe, many thanks, fingers crossed, :roll:

danmc;8040249

You can get five without a viewing card, though it won't appear on the … You can get five without a viewing card, though it won't appear on the program guide ........ here's how you do it:On the Sky box go to Services > System Setup > Add ChannelsEnter the following details:Frequency: 10773MHz (10.773GHz)Polarity: HorizontalSymbol rate: 22000 (22.0Mb)FEC: 5/6Go to Find Channels, highlight “Five″, and press the yellow button(to store the channel), then press Select.To view channel 5 you have to go to Services > Other Channels, and select “Five″

Hi, can I do similar to get my ITV back, it disappeared on Thurs???? Sky card has run out, but watch tv through skydish as no normal signal here???? please help, many thanks:?

fairygarlic;8095099

Hi, can I do similar to get my ITV back, it disappeared on Thurs???? Sky … Hi, can I do similar to get my ITV back, it disappeared on Thurs???? Sky card has run out, but watch tv through skydish as no normal signal here???? please help, many thanks:?

Get a new card, it will cost £20 and last about 5 years.

It will give you the correct ITV Channel for your region as well as a few other channels.

Inactive;8095373

Get a new card, it will cost £20 and last about 5 years.It will give you … Get a new card, it will cost £20 and last about 5 years.It will give you the correct ITV Channel for your region as well as a few other channels.

Hi, thankyou for the msg. Do I have to resubscribe with sky as tbh I don,t want to have anymore dealings with them after being a loyal customer for 15years & having problems with them. Do you know if I can get a new card without having to deal with them again??? Thanks

fairygarlic;8095473

Hi, thankyou for the msg. Do I have to resubscribe with sky as tbh I … Hi, thankyou for the msg. Do I have to resubscribe with sky as tbh I don,t want to have anymore dealings with them after being a loyal customer for 15years & having problems with them. Do you know if I can get a new card without having to deal with them again??? Thanks

Yes you can, just a one off payment of £20 , no contract required, if you don't want to deal with them directly, get a friend to order the card for you.

From their website;

All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £20. If you’d like to access the interactive services available, you’ll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400

danmc , Thank you! I have had an amstrad sky box recieving freesat channels (no card) for about 4years with no channel 5,(I assumed it was because it was old ) and have been debating whether to get a freesat box, but as I have freeview didn't think it was worth it for the extra channels, however..... long story short..I revisited the freesat box idea and discovered (while googling) that no channel five is a common problem with no sky card.
    Thanks to you I now have channel 5! Thank you soooooooooo much!

After two weeks in France and no channel 5 for the Missus to watch Big Brother I have just read your thread. Hey presto worked first time. Thanks very much.

You are a star Dan.... cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24107
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119

See more discussions