Groups
    EXPIRED

Get HD live TV (Itv and bbc) on sony bravia w8

Hi,
    Just got my Sony bravia w829 tv, i dont have an aerial. Can I stream hd tv from my mac to the tv?

3 Comments

Screen mirroringThrough a simple wireless connection, screen mirroring … Screen mirroringThrough a simple wireless connection, screen mirroring lets you view your videos, photos, and more on your TV.

You just need a miracast compliant device which I am sure you mac will be. Just connect the mac to the tv wirelessly.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

You just need a miracast compliant device which I am sure you mac will … You just need a miracast compliant device which I am sure you mac will be. Just connect the mac to the tv wirelessly.

Thanks! Will see. I did see a miracast screen mirror option on the TV but it just says 'see the manual to see if your device was compatiable' and the manual gave no clue on how to stream from mac to it. I just want live tv on my sony tv without an aerial. Might not be possible

Just checked and miracast is more of an android phone thing, also works with most windows 8.1 computer and some windows 7 one. Airplay is more of a mac thing.

Also, wirelessly streaming to a tv is usually done from the phone, tablet or pc end, so looking for options on the tv will be hopeless. My cheaper tv than your has dlna streaming and when I am playing music on my phone I can just select send to tv and then it starts playing in my telly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7161348
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2252
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047123
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1217

See more discussions