get O2 Priority Moments free even if your not with o2

Found 3rd Jan 2014
many thanks to money saving expert for pointing this out as the offers are very good;

O2 Priority Moments is a deals app for O2 smartphone users. It tends to run bespoke offers, which we think are subsidised from O2's marketing budget, so it sometimes has deals you can't get elsewhere.

O2 users can download the app free from Apple's App Store, Android Marketplace or Blackberry. If you're not on O2, there's a trick for you to get it on your smartphone too - read on for more.

What type of offers are available?

Deals may not be the same for everyone, as they're often based on your location. At the time of writing, deals on offer in central London include a free £7.99 Richard and Judy spring book club title for WHSmith, and a year's Evernote Premium organisation app (RRP £35).

Over the past year, it's had free packs of Christmas cards (normally £10), free £5 at The Body Shop, Hotel Chocolat freebies, £10 off Fragrance Shop, 40% off Odeon cinema tickets, and many more.

Not on O2? How to get it

O2 says anyone with an O2 mobile – including Pay and Go, Pay Monthly and business customers – is eligible to get it. So if you've ANY unlocked phone, it's easy.

1. Order a free Pay & Go Go Go Sim card from O2. Insert the Sim into your smartphone and activate it free (you need an unlocked mobile handset).

2. Connect to wi-fi, and download the Priority Moments app (Android, iOS/Blackberry).

3. Insert the Sim everytime you want to check for new deals. While the app is meant to disappear if you insert other Sims, but we've tried it on a few unlocked handsets, and the app's stayed and is still usable.

once again many thanks to money saving expert.
Community Updates
34 Comments
App doesn't work on my older Android....and I am with O2!
Unless you know of a different way it is not free to activate a pay as you go sim with O2, you need to top up first in order to do so as I have tried this already myself with an old phone. Minimum top up £5 with voucher or £10 online.
From their website:
"Activate your sim card

Activate your Pay & Go sim
It’s easy to activate your Pay & Go sim - all you have to do is top up. And you can do this online. Easy."
app won't work on my iPhone 3g. however, it still works if you go through the priority moments website in the phone's browser - used that today!
oh and also activated sim without top up, no problem.
yes i thought it was free to activate the sim card
chazphot

Unless you know of a different way it is not free to activate a pay as … Unless you know of a different way it is not free to activate a pay as you go sim with O2, you need to top up first in order to do so as I have tried this already myself with an old phone. Minimum top up £5 with voucher or £10 online.From their website:"Activate your sim cardActivate your Pay & Go simIt’s easy to activate your Pay & Go sim - all you have to do is top up. And you can do this online. Easy."

you can activate the sim for free. when did you last try? maybe they changed it since then?
chazphot

Unless you know of a different way it is not free to activate a pay as … Unless you know of a different way it is not free to activate a pay as you go sim with O2, you need to top up first in order to do so as I have tried this already myself with an old phone. Minimum top up £5 with voucher or £10 online.From their website:"Activate your sim cardActivate your Pay & Go simIt’s easy to activate your Pay & Go sim - all you have to do is top up. And you can do this online. Easy."

I saw the post in MSE and thought it was good but with your comment it looks like it is not freebie, but after paying if it still works for as long as ~O2 moments are going to exist then it will be £5 well spent...
No need to activate, drop the SIM into your phone, ignore any warnings and put the o2 number into the app (on WiFi).

It'll send a text message to your phone which you can use to activate the app. Also great for o2 music.

Order a couple and if there's a good offer, you can use the spare. Done it plenty of times and works a treat!
what a shame my phone is locked to t-mobile
Edited by: "pookey1" 3rd Jan 2014
This shouldn't be cold as it works on any network as long as you have a valid o2 number, you don't need to top it up, it sends the code you enter the code in the app on any phone and it works!
Once you activate the app via text, you can then throw the sim away as it doesn't need the sim to use it.
mayfair11

This shouldn't be cold as it works on any network as long as you have a … This shouldn't be cold as it works on any network as long as you have a valid o2 number, you don't need to top it up, it sends the code you enter the code in the app on any phone and it works!

I wasn't gonna post the deal cos I thought lots of ppl would complain. Anyway I'm happy it's helped a few ppl
Grr! Got a sim, did everything suggested. Then google play store said my old htc one wasn't compatable and wouldn't let me download the app.

Kudos to the people who gave instructions anyway.
will try, thanks
Thanks for posting
Thanks
Thanks..
freebie5

App doesn't work on my older Android....and I am with O2!

Does your older android have the play store? If not you may just need to upgrade the software. This is free online.
I thought this was common knowledge already...im on vodafone, previously was on T mobile and still had the app. My mum's pay as you go number was entered upon app download....no need to switch any sims around, it recognises it based on the mobile number entered.
Figgy

Grr! Got a sim, did everything suggested. Then google play store said my … Grr! Got a sim, did everything suggested. Then google play store said my old htc one wasn't compatable and wouldn't let me download the app.Kudos to the people who gave instructions anyway.

I had this from launching the Google Play app. I then accessed Google Play via Firefox browser on my phone and was able to install the app. Activated it via the sms code which was sent to the o2 sim number.
Anyone know why the app has disappeared from my phone 'desktop' I've activated the app with the o2 sim in the phone and got Priority Moments installed and running. I then switched off my phone. Taken out the o2 sim and put the Ovivo sim back in. Switched on and the O2 Priority app has gone from the icons on the 'desktop'. The app is still listed as being downloaded but isn't running. Is there a way to get it to run without having an app icon to click on? Should I clear the cache and date of the app?

Otherwise do I have to do as stated and swap the sim cards each time I want to access the Priority Moments offers? Or should I have entered the Ovivo number to send the code to? But then it would know it isn't a o2 number.

Just wondering why there are comments about not needing to swap sims and the o2 sim can be thrown away oO

Thanks for your help. New to Android and Priority Moments.

Edit: Found that O2 Priority moments is still accessible even with Ovivo sim in via the circular icon and then in apps. Still disappeared though from the home page of the phone. Is there a fix? I'll ask in the Moto G thread to see if anyone else has had icons disappearing. Great news as it seems there is no need to swap the sims back and forth.
Edited by: "thetarget" 6th Jan 2014
thetarget

I had this from launching the Google Play app. I then accessed Google … I had this from launching the Google Play app. I then accessed Google Play via Firefox browser on my phone and was able to install the app. Activated it via the sms code which was sent to the o2 sim number.

Tried downloading Firefox and play store once again said my device wasn't compatible. I wrote the wrong phone down in original post. My old phone is HTC desire.
Figgy

Tried downloading Firefox and play store once again said my device … Tried downloading Firefox and play store once again said my device wasn't compatible. I wrote the wrong phone down in original post. My old phone is HTC desire.

Did you access play store via the Firefox browser?

Try going here via a computer and inputting your mobile number: priority.o2.co.uk/mom…%2F

It will send a code to your phone. Enter the code via the PC and gain access to O2 Priority Moments on your computer. Then try getting the o2 Priority Moments app via a browser on your mobile. I think you then have to install the app to the mobile and then request a new code and enter it via the mobile. Maybe I did it this way..I was rather tired at the time.

Edited by: "thetarget" 6th Jan 2014
I'm confused, how come it doesn't let ppl vote anymore?
just post a link to apk please.
pookey1

you can activate the sim for free. when did you last try? maybe they … you can activate the sim for free. when did you last try? maybe they changed it since then?

how do you activate it free?
Has anyone tried O2 Star Trader? You can get £5 for each sim that you can get someone to top up and ordering the sims is free. They also run competitions to win extra cash and stuff. Its free to sign up as well so other than the 2 minutes it takes to sign up you cant lose out
It's great having fantastic deals but offset by a cr#p network
Edited by: "westonborn" 3rd Dec 2015
can you use any O2 sim. Like an O2 payg sim from a corner shop
dealfinder123321

can you use any O2 sim. Like an O2 payg sim from a corner shop

for O2 priority moments yes order it online it's free
my phone is also locked to t-mobile.i will try this way, thanks:{
Has anyone tried this recently? I’m being asked to top up to use priority now
garry14112th Jun

Has anyone tried this recently? I’m being asked to top up to use priority n …Has anyone tried this recently? I’m being asked to top up to use priority now

Yes there was another thread about it. They cracked down on this now
pookey114th Jun

Yes there was another thread about it. They cracked down on this now

where was this, did they figure out a way or is it all over!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants