Get out of SSE broadband contract

5 replies
Found 13th Oct 2016
SSE broadband is appalling for speed, entirely due to their aggressive throttling policy. I have heard of a few people who have constantly complained and got out of their contract, any routes I could take to get out of contract? Ofcom dont really get involved with slow speed issue in the main.

5 Comments

check the terms and conditions of the contract you signed

Is the throttling mentioned in the t&c's

Banned

ooh dear. I was looking to moving to them or another but TalkTalk boost package beats them

Original Poster

throttling is mention but it's not quantified which is probably how the get away with it. to give you an idea of the throttling, I have a 70mbps connection which at times gives a 3mbps throughput

Original Poster

sofiasar

ooh dear. I was looking to moving to them or another but TalkTalk boost … ooh dear. I was looking to moving to them or another but TalkTalk boost package beats them

​I would go for sky if you can, they do deals and also I can say the 5 years I was with them even though throttling is mentioned in thier T&Cs I never actually ever noticed it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769603
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…54117
    3. Stock informer21
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247666

See more discussions