EXPIRED

Get SKY HD+ FREE for existing customers

I have just today got my Mum a....

FREE SKY+ HD Box
FREE Installation
FREE HD Subscription for 12 months

I have been reading two topics on moneysavingexpert.com about Sky ringing customers up offering them the deal. So I rang Sky on 08442 411 442 then pressed 0 to get through to sales where I said that I had missed a call from Sky offering me the deal and the answer message said Sky would ring me back but as yet have not.

I was offered the deal no questions asked. In fact the lovely customer liason person said that not getting return calls was "Happening quite a lot"

So give it a whirl. What have you got to lose? If you fail then try again as you'll get a different person the 2nd time

152 Comments

Really annoyed. Got my free HD box delivered this morning after getting 6 months free HD. Oh well, just my luck:x

I'm positively annoyed with Sky. I have been a customer of theirs for years. Me & my family went away for a week, came back and found our Box had ceased to work (no power & tried new leads). The box was beyond repair. Sky offered me a HD Box for £29 and Installation for £30. This was 2 weeks ago and they said this was the best they could do.

To find out that they have been offering all of the above for free, and for some time, makes me angry. I feel like jacking Sky in completely!!!!

Grrr..... :x

waynouk;8187970

I'm positively annoyed with Sky. I have been a customer of theirs for … I'm positively annoyed with Sky. I have been a customer of theirs for years. Me & my family went away for a week, came back and found our Box had ceased to work (no power & tried new leads). The box was beyond repair. Sky offered me a HD Box for £29 and Installation for £30. This was 2 weeks ago and they said this was the best they could do.To find out that they have been offering all of the above for free, and for some time, makes me angry. I feel like jacking Sky in completely!!!!Grrr..... :x

doesnt surprise me one little bit:whistling:

Original Poster

waynouk;8187970

I'm positively annoyed with Sky. I have been a customer of theirs for … I'm positively annoyed with Sky. I have been a customer of theirs for years. Me & my family went away for a week, came back and found our Box had ceased to work (no power & tried new leads). The box was beyond repair. Sky offered me a HD Box for £29 and Installation for £30. This was 2 weeks ago and they said this was the best they could do.To find out that they have been offering all of the above for free, and for some time, makes me angry. I feel like jacking Sky in completely!!!!Grrr..... :x

Try ringing for this then?

waynouk;8187970

Next time threaten to cancell your sub and they will do it for free.

Thats the thing, we did but they came back with that if we cancel our TV it cancels out Broadband and Landline with them too. They stated then that we would have to go back to BT for a Landline. Quite frankly felt like they had my bits crushed in a vice TBH.

Did this the other day after Kimberleys post on MSE worked like a charm it really depends on who you get on the other line a lot have been turned down for this offer trying the same method you can see the responses on AV forums as well.

I did this and my HD box was fitted on monday, I was quite pleased with how easy it was, I just said i'd got the call but didn't believe the offer so I was calling to confirm it's a genuine offer. Once the guy confirmed it he asked if I wanted to go ahead, I said yes - easy as that!

tinks404;8188603

I did this and my HD box was fitted on monday, I was quite pleased with … I did this and my HD box was fitted on monday, I was quite pleased with how easy it was, I just said i'd got the call but didn't believe the offer so I was calling to confirm it's a genuine offer. Once the guy confirmed it he asked if I wanted to go ahead, I said yes - easy as that!

What package are you on or what package did you have to take ? I dont get movies or sports but get everything else.

will try tomorrow.x

gemmar26;8188809

will try tomorrow.x

yeah gonna try tomoz cheers :thumbsup:

Original Poster

munkynutz;8188720

What package are you on or what package did you have to take ? I dont get … What package are you on or what package did you have to take ? I dont get movies or sports but get everything else.

My Mum doesn't have sky sports or movies. As far as I am aware it doesn't seem to matter.

call twice in 10 mins but no both times lol tell them i got voicemail from sky.
FREE SKY+ HD Box
FREE Installation
FREE HD Subscription for 12 months
but they say they cant see anything in my account.sorry.

hot excellent deal !!

Original Poster

ehsangreat;8189003

call twice in 10 mins but no both times lol tell them i got voicemail … call twice in 10 mins but no both times lol tell them i got voicemail from sky.FREE SKY+ HD BoxFREE InstallationFREE HD Subscription for 12 monthsbut they say they cant see anything in my account.sorry.

Try tomorrow. I got through to a lovely woman who didn't even check my Mum's account she just went and asked for authorisation which took 30 seconds.

I just have entertainment and kids, I do have broadband and sky talk though. I'm sure the guy said the code was sky loyalty, if you mention that maybe you'll have more luck.

I got the deal a few weeks back, but only from them actually calling me on my mobile to offer it.

Only been with Sky for 10 months so far and got this deal!

I got a mailing from Sky with this deal yesterday. The mailing stated that the offer had to be taken up by end-March, and would commit me to another 12 months contract. Not sure I want to be tied to another 12 months, especially when there's likely to be a lot of change in the next 12 months (3D, ESPN taking more sport, etc).
But if you want HD, and the security of an additional Sky box, then it's a good offer.

they are pants

Isn't this fraud?

robot1000;8189383

Isn't this fraud?

how?

cd02;8189422

how?

Definition of fraud: something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage

I have been reading two topics on moneysavingexpert.com about Sky ringing … I have been reading two topics on moneysavingexpert.com about Sky ringing customers up offering them the deal. So I rang Sky on 08442 411 442 then pressed 0 to get through to sales where I said that I had missed a call from Sky offering me the deal and the answer message said Sky would ring me back but as yet have not.

robot1000;8189492

Definition of fraud: something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery … Definition of fraud: something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage

I think you'll find though that the op failed to mention that sky were offering this to 12000 customers anyway, no one knows if the 12000 had been selected or what the requirements are, there's no fraud involved, they're either going to say yes or no. Did you say the same thing about the other sky thread where I'm guessing not even 10% of people that took out the offer actually have friends or family working at sky and recieved the code from them? Now that's what you call fruad !!

Going to do this tomorrow, my mum got it last week and paid £30, plus she didn't get the free year to HD so glad I waited! Thanks OP

yeah defo works just got mine booked for next thursday free HD box free install and 12mths free HD subs . The adviser said that nothing on account but went away to talk to his supervisor. and said quote no call had been logged to my number but I hit the offer bang on (Muttered something about loyalty offer). and agreed to the offer. You do have to sign up for 12 months. Cheers OP

Just cancelled my Sky and moving over to Virgin. Been with Sky for 6 years and can't take their BS any longer.

I just tried, got some obnoxious little wierdo on the other end, said that all they could offer was free box and installation, but I'd have to pay the £10pm subscription. Will give it 10 and try again...

Supermod

cd02;8189606

I think you'll find though that the op failed to mention that sky were … I think you'll find though that the op failed to mention that sky were offering this to 12000 customers anyway, no one knows if the 12000 had been selected or what the requirements are, there's no fraud involved, they're either going to say yes or no. Did you say the same thing about the other sky thread where I'm guessing not even 10% of people that took out the offer actually have friends or family working at sky and recieved the code from them? Now that's what you call fruad !!

...but by saying that you received a voicemail from Sky does make it fraud.

It's called haggling,Hippyharry has been with them for 10 months and he got a call weve been with them for over four years.With the deal being sky loyalty i think i have a right to this deal.

anyways for those who dont have any luck with that first number try this one this is for deal that aren't the "norm"

08442410448 then press 1This is the number on which i was succesful.

civms47;8190333

I just tried, got some obnoxious little wierdo on the other end, said … I just tried, got some obnoxious little wierdo on the other end, said that all they could offer was free box and installation, but I'd have to pay the £10pm subscription. Will give it 10 and try again...

UPDATE: I tried again, phoned 0800 0466 432 this time. Spoke with a wpman, who said that if it was one of their outsourced companies that "called", the offer may have passed me by. She then said she'd speak to sales, and put me thorugh to someone else. This guy said they didn't have a record of the call, but he'd go and check a few details. Put me on hold for a bit then came back on and said everything had gone through and when would I like installation - result!!! Just need to buy a HD TV now - any decent deals going??? :whistling:

Just told my mate about this, he rang & they said he had to wait for the call again.....so he rang back & said he had just had a call, but wanted to phone Sky himself & confirm it was Sky he was speaking to, and the deal was valid. 2 mins later, it was authorised (they even said they could see on the system that the "outbound" team had called him lol).

is this worth doing if i dont have films or sports?

Just did this now, worked perfectly, pretended "my son" got a call from them so I was a bit hazy about when and they somehow found "action on my account" so they gave me the offer.
The only condition was that we keep sports for the next 12 months which I was going to do anyway.

Free HD+ box, Free subscription for 12months and Free installation in 2 weeks time!

Cruz, thank you so much for this offer, you've really made my day!

alfie and harrys mum;8191788

is this worth doing if i dont have films or sports?

I haven't got them but did it for the new box and benefits of Sky+

My parents have been with Sky for many years on the £48 top package. Apparently they phoned sky up last week about trying to get a retentions discount deal and a Sky+ box but was told they couldn't offer any subscription deals.

However they did offer him the Sky+HD box (no HD package) with new dish and installation for £15.

anydiscount;8189124

I got a mailing from Sky with this deal yesterday. The mailing stated … I got a mailing from Sky with this deal yesterday. The mailing stated that the offer had to be taken up by end-March, and would commit me to another 12 months contract. Not sure I want to be tied to another 12 months, especially when there's likely to be a lot of change in the next 12 months (3D, ESPN taking more sport, etc). But if you want HD, and the security of an additional Sky box, then it's a good offer.

You say an additional box do you mean in case the HD breaks down or something or do you mean you can use it in another room. I presumed they'd take it with them.

yippeee got it after two attempts, getting installed on 29th march.

worked a treat for me hahahahhahahaha FAB! installation monday!

Thankyou so much, I've got installation booked for 2 weeks time. Can someone please remind me to cancel the HD package in 12 months lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions