Get your compost bin from the council

Deal editor6
Posted 23rd Apr
Enter your postcode to check whether your local council has teamed up with getcomposting.com to get subsidised composters, water butts, or kitchen caddies (the food bins)

They are all made from recycled plastic and there is a large range of composters and water butts available. You can get them quite cheaply on eBay but they won't be recycled plastic.

"Our Blackwall and Rainsaver products are made from 100% percent recycled plastic. This includes a combination of plastics collected by councils from waste segregation sites and kerbside collections as well as industrial waste such as old gas pipes, old wheeled bins and car bumpers!"

Composters

3447986.jpg
This Blackwall 330 litre composter is £21.50 (£27.49 delivered). It converts household food waste into compost that you can then use as fertiliser on your garden.

Water Butts

3447986.jpg
This Mini Rainsaver 100 litre water butt is £24.98 (£30.97 delivered). It collects rainwater from your guttering that you can use on the garden via a watering can rather than using the hose.

There are loads available, so have a look through the site at your own pace.

Using compost is great for your garden, is basically free to do, and if you are growing vegetables during the lockdown then composting will help massively. Read more about how to get started on the below link:

getcomposting.com/com…ide
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

6 Comments
The water butts have gone up a bit. I bought one from them for around £17 + delivery a month ago.
Predikuesi23/04/2020 13:31

The water butts have gone up a bit. I bought one from them for around £17 …The water butts have gone up a bit. I bought one from them for around £17 + delivery a month ago.

I think it might depend on which council is supporting. Not sure. Mine isn't involved, so I used my parent's postcode.
Doesn't it take about half a year before material composts enough to be used?
harrythefish23/04/2020 20:27

Doesn't it take about half a year before material composts enough to be …Doesn't it take about half a year before material composts enough to be used?

Yeah I suppose.
Water butts sound good!

I have never been a big fan of recycling, most b/c of all the extra bins and clear bags hanging around. It recently turned out that our local council landfilled millions of tonnes of collected recycling!
groenleader24/04/2020 09:27

Water butts sound good!I have never been a big fan of recycling, most b/c …Water butts sound good!I have never been a big fan of recycling, most b/c of all the extra bins and clear bags hanging around. It recently turned out that our local council landfilled millions of tonnes of collected recycling!

😳
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions