Get your PS3 to clean itself - Basic maintainance for a 40Gb

2 replies
Found 27th Apr 2009
This may be old news for some. After doing the system seems to run quieter & smoother

I was told this the other day & have tried it. It works fine on the 40Gb model only.

Turn off the PS3 on the rocker switch on the back, then press & hold the eject button on the front of the PS3 & turn the PS3 on again with the rocker switch. It will perform a fan test that will blow all the carp out of the machine.

Warning: Not for the feint hearted as it will sound like a 747 taking off (or a xbox 360 running normally)

This does not invalid warantee's or cause damage to your PS3, I have been told that it is the 1st thing repair shops do when you get read errors (as dust build up is normally the main cause)

2 Comments

lol yeah sony did state only to be done if u are having problems.

Warning: Not for the feint hearted as it will sound like a &$& taking off … Warning: Not for the feint hearted as it will sound like a &$& taking off [COLOR="Red"](or a xbox 360 running normally)[/COLOR]

I actually thought this was a joke when people used to go on about how loud a 360 is, but when I heard my sons at christmas, I was shocked at how much noise it makes.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition77883
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions