Get your Retro Fix! - Play 2500 MS-DOS Games in Your Browser for Free @ Internet Archive

Posted 25th Oct
archive.org/det…ate

The Internet Archive has released an additional 2,500 MS-DOS games playable online in a browser, many with manuals. The Internet Archive started adding MS-DOS games in 2015, adding periodically to the collection. This is the largest update to the collection so far.

Jason Scott, Internet Archive Curator, says "The update of these MS-DOS games comes from a project called eXoDOS, which has expanded over the years in the realm of collecting DOS games for easy playability on modern systems to tracking down and capturing, as best as can be done, the full context of DOS games – from the earliest simple games in the first couple years of the IBM PC to recently created independent productions that still work in the MS-DOS environment."

As with previous MS-DOS games, the emulators can be slow, in particular on older machines. Another issue is the sheer size of some of the games as many of them were originally on CDs, making them large downloads to play in a browser. Depending on your hardware and connection, you may want to try smaller games.
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
Heat
I don't know if sharing that on public forum is good idea, exodos is in very grey area after all
Kinio25/10/2019 17:42

I don't know if sharing that on public forum is good idea, exodos is in …I don't know if sharing that on public forum is good idea, exodos is in very grey area after all

Please explain?
antdav25/10/2019 17:45

Please explain?

Exodos has 7000 Dos games, over 5000 of them is copyright protected to this day... The rest is official abandomware or there is no known copyright holders.
Totally recommend the 1993 game syndicate. You play a terrorist and have to plant bombs, assassinate people using guns, flame thrower etc... it's a point and click real time strategy game
Wow!
Brilliant!!!!!!
Moraffs World was one of the many reasons I couldn’t get a boyfriend when I was 14 ha ha
Anyone know how to use a Xbox wired controller on the games?
Deal-boy-trotter25/10/2019 18:21

Totally recommend the 1993 game syndicate. You play a terrorist and have …Totally recommend the 1993 game syndicate. You play a terrorist and have to plant bombs, assassinate people using guns, flame thrower etc... it's a point and click real time strategy game

Have fond memories of this from my teen years! What a game!
Curlyman8325/10/2019 23:41

Have fond memories of this from my teen years! What a game!

Funny enough that's the one game that made me get into emulation, then I downloaded origin on the pc... and it was the game that they was giving away for free at the time lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants