Groups

Getting a bike?

Banned
    Going to be turning 16 in a few months so hopefully looking to get a bike.

So can anyone give me any info on what i need to get etc? I know i need to get my prov license and do a cbt.

Been looking at the rs50, any good?

Thanks

17 Comments

Original Poster Banned

moejoejoejoex

The RS50 .you can't get anything above 50cc lol. You got a coupla grand … The RS50 .you can't get anything above 50cc lol. You got a coupla grand to spare too?

the rs50 is 50cc, seen a few going for under a grand aswell?

whatsThePoint

The RS50 is great if you want to learn how to repair bikes that have been … The RS50 is great if you want to learn how to repair bikes that have been wrecked by spotty face 16 year olds

Were you never a spotty 16 yo ?
    :-)

I'm sure we've all been there where we've bitten off more than we can chew. I have, my mate wasn't so lucky.

Cheers

wb Noob, enjoy your stay at HMPS?

Original Poster Banned

Mrs.Z

I loved the RS50 at 16, OH had a brand new one - I later bought one which … I loved the RS50 at 16, OH had a brand new one - I later bought one which was about 2/3 years old and didn't have any problems with it.Good if you want a 'proper' bike but scooters are great just for zinging around on - I would buy an old cheapy 50CC scooter and save up for an RS125 for when you're 17, OH's one was wickedly fast and used to hit 120mph

hmm, i was originally going to go for a scooter but they sound embarising going to try and get myself a summer job to save up a little bit, mum and dad will also input a little too

Joey Bloggsy

wb Noob, enjoy your stay at HMPS?

No, i feel sore
    whatsThePoint

The RS50 is great if you want to learn how to repair bikes that have been … The RS50 is great if you want to learn how to repair bikes that have been wrecked by spotty face 16 year olds

was yours new? and are they easy to service/repair? been told they need servicing all the time?

Just don't forget when you buy it, your budget also needs to cover your insurance and running costs (including petrol, although 50cc doesn't use much lol)

Derbi GPR50

Although £3k for a 50cc bike does seem steep!

http://www.moonraker-motorcycles.co.uk/uploadedimages/file/60310GPR50_04L_YLL%5B1%5D.jpg

Get a will.

buy an RS50 for a grand, and you'll be spending double that in the year youve got it just fixing the thing!

Original Poster Banned

DudeyGeeza

buy an RS50 for a grand, and you'll be spending double that in the year … buy an RS50 for a grand, and you'll be spending double that in the year youve got it just fixing the thing!

people say this but why? is it because they are badly made or because people have messed about with them?

Get a CBR125

Original Poster Banned

that's cleared it up. thanks

when you say "bodge" what do you mean? lol

Original Poster Banned

Civic EG6

Get a CBR125

will get one next year, not 17 yet until then

I really can't imagine having a bike at the age of 16 oO if i did i don't think i'd be here now!...I took and passed my bike test when i was 33, loved having a bike but then got rid of it when the baby came along as although i'm a good rider it's the other road users i don't trust.

So miss it now though, especially seeing all the bikes over here tt week

Good luck though, and be safe

Get a scooter and become a Mod !!

great life ahead of you !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions