Groups

Getting a car key cut

Basically my friend pretty much laughed in my face when i said i wanted to go to the local key cutter to get a spare car key cut, he says i will have to go to the dealer and pay a fair bit to get it done. I always assumed any key cutter could do it?

Its an R reg Saxo and the key looks pretty basic to me so i cant see why i would need a dealer.

Anyone had experience? I dont wanna be laughed at by the bloke at the key cutting place too. lol.

4 Comments

it is difficult if its a key for remote locking because they have a chip in them as i took mine to a local cutter and he nearly broke it trying to get the front off to change the battery but if its a basic key then yes you can go to a local key cutter. if its just a basic key they are quite cheap if you want one that has a chip you could be paying quite a lot even from a key cutter.
    corinne

Original Poster

Yeah its just a basic key, no chip or anything. Cheers, i will wander down tommorow and see

i had an old motor took my spare key and they done while i waited £8 ta very much:thumbsup:, but check it right away coz car keys are more complicated. but if its a new car who knows:?. maybe just :roll:maybe i'll drive a new(ish) car one day

they have a machine to do it in our local asdas!! i think its about £6-8

i had my old saxo key cut no probs you should be fine!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions