Getting a Discount for Bulk Buying Amazon Gift Cards

Found 16th Dec 2015
Hi all,

Does anyone know where you can buy Amazon gift cards in bulk and get a discount? I contacted Amazon but they offered 2% on a £200k+ spend, which is too low.

I know how valuable they are so certainly wasn't expecting a 5%+ discount anyway but I spend £xx,xxx on Amazon monthly and really need a source for discounts. I've contacted most of the resellers but they're offering like 1%.

Anything like 3-4% would be awesome. I've tried NHS discounts, but they don't offer Amazon gift cards.

Anyone have experience with bulk buying Amazon gift cards?

Thanks
Community Updates
19 Comments
Worth confirming but buy Argos gift cards I can see a 7% discount (Scheme something along the lines of the NHS so afraid I cant post). Then pop into Argos and buy Amazon gift cards with it. I'm almost 80% sure Argos sell Amazon gift cards in store. Or to put it another way change your line of thinking "who sells Amazon gift cards and can I get discount there" even Tesco/Boots think what you could put those card points to get etc.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Dec 2015
cecilmcroberts

Worth confirming but buy Argos gift cards I can see a 7% discount (Scheme … Worth confirming but buy Argos gift cards I can see a 7% discount (Scheme something along the lines of the NHS so afraid I cant post). Then pop into Argos and buy Amazon gift cards with it. I'm almost 80% sure Argos sell gift cards in store. Or to put it another way change your line of thinking "who sells Amazon gift cards and can I get discount there" even Tesco think what you could put those club card points to get etc.

Unfortunately you can't buy gift cards with gift cards.
Surely you would take the 1% over nothing and get a small (relative to the spend) discount?

If you are genuinely spending several thousand pounds per month at Amazon, getting 1% off is still worth doing.
Are you reselling the items?
urmm might not be what you want but maybe use flubit, your get 3-15% off :), although not sure on what it is your after money off or it has to be amazon for some reason
NEtech

Unfortunately you can't buy gift cards with gift cards.

My bad, had remembered an old deal few years ago using Argos but re-read the deal and got the wrong way round.
jimhuf

Are you reselling the items?

Clearly. Nice little earner.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts

Worth confirming but buy Argos gift cards I can see a 7% discount (Scheme … Worth confirming but buy Argos gift cards I can see a 7% discount (Scheme something along the lines of the NHS so afraid I cant post). Then pop into Argos and buy Amazon gift cards with it. I'm almost 80% sure Argos sell Amazon gift cards in store. Or to put it another way change your line of thinking "who sells Amazon gift cards and can I get discount there" even Tesco/Boots think what you could put those card points to get etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as NEtech said, you can't buy gift cards with Argos gift cards. I sometimes do this at Morrisons, because you get the fuel vouchers. It works out at roughly 7%, which is decent but is not worth the hassle when you're trying to increase quantity. Each gift card is activated individually in store so takes ages in the queue.

I'm trying to increase sales of my company significantly and would rather take a 3-4% cut if it meant I could get an unlimited source of Amazon gift cards.
Original Poster
Drooler

Surely you would take the 1% over nothing and get a small (relative to … Surely you would take the 1% over nothing and get a small (relative to the spend) discount?If you are genuinely spending several thousand pounds per month at Amazon, getting 1% off is still worth doing.

Yeah you're right and I've actually agreed to take this rate. The problem is that this particular company of mine is only around 10 months old and so they're taking a long time to do their due diligence, which is fair enough. They need to open a corporate account, and only want to take on clients who have a long history.

Strange, considering I'll be paying everything upfront and even told them to give me the discount once I've hit the threshold, but it's taking a lot longer that expected.
Original Poster
whelan189

urmm might not be what you want but maybe use flubit, your get 3-15% off … urmm might not be what you want but maybe use flubit, your get 3-15% off :), although not sure on what it is your after money off or it has to be amazon for some reason

That wouldn't work unfortunately, as you need to put in requests for each item and it takes a while. Yes, it has to be Amazon, as this is where I buy all the stock for my company.
Why dont you put an advert on here saying you want amazon vouchers.
pro traders not wanted here.
Original Poster
allowed

Why dont you put an advert on here saying you want amazon vouchers.

Think its against the rule on here, as it is more business related. Plus, there would be no chance of getting £x,xxx of gift cards daily.

taiko

pro traders not wanted here.

Never said I wanted to buy gift cards on here, realise business isn't allowed. I've been a member here for a long time, and have bought and sold plenty of personal items.

I was just asking for some advice.
Surely buying stock from amazon is a poor business strategy? i mean fair play if you're making money but if you're turning over that amount you should be going direct to suppliers.
Original Poster
jimhuf

Surely buying stock from amazon is a poor business strategy? i mean fair … Surely buying stock from amazon is a poor business strategy? i mean fair play if you're making money but if you're turning over that amount you should be going direct to suppliers.

Trust me, if you have a proper system in place, you can make far higher by buying from Amazon.
Have you checked any suppliers on Topcashback and QuidCo and/or using a credit or debit card with cashback?
Should be able to get a few percent back.
Throw in a nectar points, clubcard points or similar and I can't see why you should be able to get around 5% back.
Original Poster
joedastudd

Have you checked any suppliers on Topcashback and QuidCo and/or using a … Have you checked any suppliers on Topcashback and QuidCo and/or using a credit or debit card with cashback?Should be able to get a few percent back.Throw in a nectar points, clubcard points or similar and I can't see why you should be able to get around 5% back.

Well, I buy all my items on Amazon, and TCB/Quidco don't really do Amazon cashback apart from a few rubbish categories.

I haven't come across a card that gives proper cashback....can you suggest any please? I just use Amex and get airmiles/hotel points, which is a nice extra.

Nectar and Clubcard would involve going to the shops and buying stock, which is too time consuming.
I'm not sure if it would work but I see you can get a bulk discount on Love to Shop vouchers and I successfully purchased amazon vouchers from Argos (in store) last week. I think you can also do it online.
Original Poster
boohai

I'm not sure if it would work but I see you can get a bulk discount on … I'm not sure if it would work but I see you can get a bulk discount on Love to Shop vouchers and I successfully purchased amazon vouchers from Argos (in store) last week. I think you can also do it online.

Very interesting idea, many thanks for the suggestion.

I was under the impression that you couldn't convert love2shop vouchers to Amazon. According to their terms, you cannot use these to buy other gift cards in store, so I think you may have gotten lucky at Argos.

However, it seems you can convert them online to Amazon vouchers through a popular website called more2you.co.uk. I'll do more research on this but has anyone had any experience with these guys?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants