Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

getting a refund from a seller on Shpock as I didn't receive the item!

Posted 30th Mar 2016Available: National
Hi, just wondered if anyone could share their opinions on where I stand....
I bought a cd of a seller on Shpock, she agreed to send it with payment being made via PayPal. Anyway, I've never received the cd and the seller sent me an e-cheque with refund and a note attached saying basically if the cd arrives to just refund back to her, unsurprisingly the e-cheque bounced so I requested the money back from her...again she never refunded me. She won't answer any messages from me or Shpock team (reported her to them but they're useless,told me to report to police) so I'm unsure where to go from here??? Contact PayPal?? Will PayPal do anything as I bought from Shpock not Ebay???

Any advise would be helpful. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
56 Comments
PayPal should be able to help with getting your money back. Don't pay by bank transfer always use PayPal or your credit card although PayPal better. I have had the same problem, Sphock are hopeless at helping, they have just restricted him from selling not banned him which is what they should do. They say go to the metpolfraud team, they are no help either. For me I will never buy from Sphock again!
My bro just bought what was advertised as an IPhone X on Shpock for £550. The seller had 4 1/2 stars overall and 19 reviews, clearly now all fake. The scumbag put a cook book inside the package. Don’t go near that app as long as you live.
guardsvinnie30th Nov 2016

my partner purchased an i phone 7 on schpock only for the item not to …my partner purchased an i phone 7 on schpock only for the item not to arrive paid through paypal friends so thats £375 lost so i thought i would get her one bought one off schpock again £350 paid by bank transfer and now that hasn't arrived i really can't believe it i am devastated just before xmas as well this app is very dangerous and full off scammers i feel so stupid for doing this but thought schpock was safe now in the hands of the police but i am not holding out for any good news

You deserve everything my friend .paying by friends to stranger ??
Reading this forum I think this applies to me. Ive only used Shpock once so i was very careful (so to speak) with my next next transaction. The seller was extremely helpful and sent me extra pics. She also had other items for sale and was happy for cash on collection on one of her items. She had a one star rating which I felt was ok at this point. We all have to start somewhere.
I brought the item and paid for it through PayPal protection as I felt I needed to in this kind of circumstance. I felt pretty confident it was legit because her PayPal payment details were the name on her shpock account.
The item is due to be sent today......however she’s suddenly gone silent after I messaged her about tracking details and what’s got the alarm bells ringing is the fact she’s taken off all her other 6 items she was selling.
I’ve been SCAMMED haven’t I???? 😡
My question is will I be able to get my money back through PayPal and what evidence do I need to provide?????
There's nothing wrong with the app. It does exactly what it says and advertises items for sale. It's gullible people that pay through bank transfer or friends and family that are the problem. If a price is to good to be true then its probably a scam. Use your nogging. Scammers are on every selling site including ebay and amazon. You don't know these people so use goods and services with PayPal. I've been on shpock for 2 years nearly and never had one problem. Probably because I'm not stupid enough to pay with bank transfer or friends and family.

Would you lend a stranger £100??
Same principle.
Edited by: "Tom_Owens" 18th Jan
37181887-vsjc3.jpgI bought a TV unit and wall units the person on Shpock said it was in good condition item was too walls to I bought a TV unit on the wall units are passing on Spock said it was in good condition to heighten was too big to fit in your car I want to pay £30 for the van driver to pick it up that my partner they did not check it brought it back on the TV unit has badly damaged inside the drawer the top Osbornes wall unit was cracked iMessages a personal name is the reply I send the pictures to end it never replied reported it to Facebook keeps English £230 a month to lose I should of went to IKEA and bought a new one I thought I had a ball like the third too good to be true 37181887-8VS0Q.jpg
angela.bernard47 m ago

[Image] I bought a TV unit and wall units the person on Shpock said it was …[Image] I bought a TV unit and wall units the person on Shpock said it was in good condition item was too walls to I bought a TV unit on the wall units are passing on Spock said it was in good condition to heighten was too big to fit in your car I want to pay £30 for the van driver to pick it up that my partner they did not check it brought it back on the TV unit has badly damaged inside the drawer the top Osbornes wall unit was cracked iMessages a personal name is the reply I send the pictures to end it never replied reported it to Facebook keeps English £230 a month to lose I should of went to IKEA and bought a new one I thought I had a ball like the third too good to be true [Image]

Wat

Also, if you got it collected, check it over before paying! Your own fault I'm afraid
I want my money back for the ad you took down. Please reimburse today.
This is the second time I'm asking.
I will report sphock to trading standards if I'm not reimbursed
Nady2t3rd Jan

Reading this forum I think this applies to me. Ive only used Shpock once …Reading this forum I think this applies to me. Ive only used Shpock once so i was very careful (so to speak) with my next next transaction. The seller was extremely helpful and sent me extra pics. She also had other items for sale and was happy for cash on collection on one of her items. She had a one star rating which I felt was ok at this point. We all have to start somewhere. I brought the item and paid for it through PayPal protection as I felt I needed to in this kind of circumstance. I felt pretty confident it was legit because her PayPal payment details were the name on her shpock account. The item is due to be sent today......however she’s suddenly gone silent after I messaged her about tracking details and what’s got the alarm bells ringing is the fact she’s taken off all her other 6 items she was selling. I’ve been SCAMMED haven’t I???? 😡My question is will I be able to get my money back through PayPal and what evidence do I need to provide?????

Did you get your items?
angela.bernard3rd Mar

[Image] I bought a TV unit and wall units the person on Shpock said it was …[Image] I bought a TV unit and wall units the person on Shpock said it was in good condition item was too walls to I bought a TV unit on the wall units are passing on Spock said it was in good condition to heighten was too big to fit in your car I want to pay £30 for the van driver to pick it up that my partner they did not check it brought it back on the TV unit has badly damaged inside the drawer the top Osbornes wall unit was cracked iMessages a personal name is the reply I send the pictures to end it never replied reported it to Facebook keeps English £230 a month to lose I should of went to IKEA and bought a new one I thought I had a ball like the third too good to be true [Image]

My head hurts after trying to understand that gibberish
fiona.gasper1 h, 1 m ago

I want my money back for the ad you took down. Please reimburse today.This …I want my money back for the ad you took down. Please reimburse today.This is the second time I'm asking. I will report sphock to trading standards if I'm not reimbursed

Lol. This isn't sphock
I bought a recording Freeview box of a man on shpock. First he was going to post it and i pay via Paypal but i wanted to test it before purchasing so i paid him petrol money and he dropped it off and i paid cash. When he came i plugged the box into my tv and there were working channels on it and the remote seemed to work. He was eager to go before i tested it saying he was running late but he hesitantly waited until the channels came on, I didn’t think anything of it i just thought he was i. A hurry for something else. After he left i retuned the box to find all channels available as it came up and told me to. After the retune a hard drive error appears telling me to format the hard drive off previous recordings Before i did so the box turned itself off!! And restarted I tried to go to the menu and it did it again. Eventually it let me retune and format the hard drive. But after this it wouldn’t let me record anything then while watching it repeatedly turned itself off and on again and coming up with an error message to RE-FORMAT the hard drive again but I couldn’t as the box wouldn’t stay on long enough to do so.
also i bought the box advertised at a 1tb storage when in-fact it was only 320gb as found in settings while formatting.
anyway I contacted him and he tried to tell me to plug it into a purge, then told me to format it. I explained i know about technology and have done all on this and even sent him photos of the error message. He said if i sent it back he would refund me but I wasn’t happy with that as if i did how would i know id get my money so i asked him to either refund me first or collect the item and id pay him petrol money like previously but he refused and said his head was battered and going sleep I've not heard from him since despite numerous messages sent. I reported him to shpock and they messaged him but he ignored so I emailed Shpock again and waited nearly a week so commented on the post and said id report to police, seconds later shpock commented saying they were restricting his account! How the hell does that help with my refund... I don’t know what to do next
nichola721/05/2019 11:10

I bought a recording Freeview box of a man on shpock. First he was going …I bought a recording Freeview box of a man on shpock. First he was going to post it and i pay via Paypal but i wanted to test it before purchasing so i paid him petrol money and he dropped it off and i paid cash. When he came i plugged the box into my tv and there were working channels on it and the remote seemed to work. He was eager to go before i tested it saying he was running late but he hesitantly waited until the channels came on, I didn’t think anything of it i just thought he was i. A hurry for something else. After he left i retuned the box to find all channels available as it came up and told me to. After the retune a hard drive error appears telling me to format the hard drive off previous recordings Before i did so the box turned itself off!! And restarted I tried to go to the menu and it did it again. Eventually it let me retune and format the hard drive. But after this it wouldn’t let me record anything then while watching it repeatedly turned itself off and on again and coming up with an error message to RE-FORMAT the hard drive again but I couldn’t as the box wouldn’t stay on long enough to do so.also i bought the box advertised at a 1tb storage when in-fact it was only 320gb as found in settings while formatting.anyway I contacted him and he tried to tell me to plug it into a purge, then told me to format it. I explained i know about technology and have done all on this and even sent him photos of the error message. He said if i sent it back he would refund me but I wasn’t happy with that as if i did how would i know id get my money so i asked him to either refund me first or collect the item and id pay him petrol money like previously but he refused and said his head was battered and going sleep I've not heard from him since despite numerous messages sent. I reported him to shpock and they messaged him but he ignored so I emailed Shpock again and waited nearly a week so commented on the post and said id report to police, seconds later shpock commented saying they were restricting his account! How the hell does that help with my refund... I don’t know what to do next

Just learn from the experience and move on.
Hi there, sorry to hear everyone’s experience.
I googled to see what options were available as I too am experiencing the same. Seems like I have lost £650 for a fake LV bag. Photos seemed genuine and initially planned to collect the item in London. However seller claimed they live in Sheffield and was in a London at the time of listing the item. (Do don’t be fooled by the location!) I stupidly payed F&F we requested by the seller. Did not respond to messaged and sent a fake item out after week. Pictures in the listing showed receipt and original packaging. Contacted Shpock and basically was also told to sort it out between us. Shpock is like gumtree. Have contacted the police via Shpock and haven’t heard anything. You’d think people can be traced down in this day and era. Actions Fraud apparently deal with transactions where items have not been sent. This has had a massive impact on myself and I am angry that’s shpock do not have protection factors as Ebay etc. I have pinned my last hope with the police but I have little hope and hope I have done everything I can
Hi please get back to me I think I found this person whilst shopping I found a Paula S and she cancelled the item because I wanted a refund if the item is cancelled do I get refunded as I payed her on pay pal? If you reply please email so I can direct you to there ac
nathan.rumsey25/10/2019 21:48

Hi please get back to me I think I found this person whilst shopping I …Hi please get back to me I think I found this person whilst shopping I found a Paula S and she cancelled the item because I wanted a refund if the item is cancelled do I get refunded as I payed her on pay pal? If you reply please email so I can direct you to there ac

Hi, if you've paid her via paypal and the item has been cancelled then she should refund you what you paid her. Because you paid via paypal id get in touch with them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions