Getting a replacement Samsung S10 Red - Should I sell/where? & What should I get instead?

Posted 26th Oct
I have a S10 in Red. I'm getting a brand new replacement. I'm considering selling it and getting a different phone as I love Samsung but I'm not super loving the S10.

If I sell, where should I sell it?
If I sell, what should I buy instead?

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
slannmage26/10/2019 12:35

Get an iPhone, Android has terrible battery life

A compelling point backed up with facts, I like it. Oh wait.
18 Comments
What don't you like about the S10?
Haircut_10026/10/2019 12:24

What don't you like about the S10?

The battery life doesn't seem great - a key reason for upgrading my 3yro S7 Edge. I'm just not wowed. I'm paying £20pm more for a phone that looks good and has improved camera functionality. Perhaps my expectations of a 4gen jump were unrealistic?

xCobehx26/10/2019 12:38

Just from experience, and I tried going back to Android as my contract was up last month.... it has been terrible. Not only is Android less responsive than IOS, but the battery is worse than my 2 year old iPhone SE....
iPhone is off the table. Not looked back since my original. Paying for the brand not the tech. Considering selling my brand new sealed replacement S10 for as much as I can get and then buying a P30 Pro. Not had a waaaaahwaaay before tho so... input welcomed. A Google Pixel has also been suggested to me.
slannmage26/10/2019 12:45

Just from experience, and I tried going back to Android as my contract was …Just from experience, and I tried going back to Android as my contract was up last month.... it has been terrible. Not only is Android less responsive than IOS, but the battery is worse than my 2 year old iPhone SE....

That's fair enough as there's some substance to the point now and I'll concur about responsiveness but that's due to iOS being so heavily optimised against the various builds of Android out there. I also fail to believe that an S10 as an example would have poorer battery but I welcome being probed wrong.

I've owned both iOS and Android devices so don't fall on either side of the camp just in case we think bias is involved here.
ukscoob126/10/2019 12:46

iPhone is off the table. Not looked back since my original. Paying for the …iPhone is off the table. Not looked back since my original. Paying for the brand not the tech. Considering selling my brand new sealed replacement S10 for as much as I can get and then buying a P30 Pro. Not had a waaaaahwaaay before tho so... input welcomed. A Google Pixel has also been suggested to me.

Huawei are cracking pieces of kit and use a mix of iOS and Android for their EMUi skin. Don't worry about any media hype about apps etc, nothing will come of it for the P30 range.

Pixel is great for camera but severely under spec for the price you'll pay.
Thanks Cobeh. Any experience with a OnePlus?
Any suggestions on best place to sell for max money? And then buy for least haha
ukscoob126/10/2019 13:42

Thanks Cobeh. Any experience with a OnePlus?

No worries mate, OnePlus are also great value with the only weak point being camera but if this is something that doesn't matter too much for you in a phone, you'll be fine.

Processors are generally top drawer along with battery life being very reliable. Latest models can be had for around £300-400 on here if you buy from eGlobal etc.
xCobehx26/10/2019 15:25

No worries mate, OnePlus are also great value with the only weak point …No worries mate, OnePlus are also great value with the only weak point being camera but if this is something that doesn't matter too much for you in a phone, you'll be fine.Processors are generally top drawer along with battery life being very reliable. Latest models can be had for around £300-400 on here if you buy from eGlobal etc.

Read mixed reviews about eGlobal. Pay with credit card and cross my fingers?

Side note: technically I shouldn't be selling the S10 I don't think (contract wise) but logically it makes sense I feel. They won't take it back/swap me (I'm 30 days into my contract).
ukscoob126/10/2019 15:27

Read mixed reviews about eGlobal. Pay with credit card and cross my …Read mixed reviews about eGlobal. Pay with credit card and cross my fingers?Side note: technically I shouldn't be selling the S10 I don't think (contract wise) but logically it makes sense I feel. They won't take it back/swap me (I'm 30 days into my contract).

Aye, pay with CC or PayPal and you should be fine. Believe they have an insured option as well so you can buy with some peace of mind.

Nothing to stop you from selling it as long as you don't stop paying for it mate. Don't worry!

IPhone is a phone and Android is an operating system so your comment couldn't be more ridiculous.

I have a Mate 20 Pro and I am fairly sure I can trump most iPhones battery performance. Oh and it runs Android, in case you weren't sure...
Rusty8226/10/2019 20:05

IPhone is a phone and Android is an operating system so your comment …IPhone is a phone and Android is an operating system so your comment couldn't be more ridiculous.I have a Mate 20 Pro and I am fairly sure I can trump most iPhones battery performance. Oh and it runs Android, in case you weren't sure...

iPhone is IOS and Android can be multiple OEMs, what’s your point?
slannmage26/10/2019 20:12

iPhone is IOS and Android can be multiple OEMs, what’s your point?

My point is you said a phones battery was better than an operating system.
Turns out a red S10 is quite a rare commodity. Ideal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants