Found 9th May 2011
long story short , i was fined 100 by the tax people , i appealed and it was agreed i shoudnt have to pay it , but id paid it already

ive still not had it refunded even through i paid it at the end of febuary and recieved the letter saying i didnt need to pay it at the end of march , ive tried ringing them but i usually give up holding after an hour or ive been cut off or been told ive gone through to the wrong department and been put on hold again

how do i get my money back ? anymore time on the phone and that 100 pound will just cover the cost of the calls

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

Blood from a stone, springs to mind.

As far as I'm aware, HMRC are working at least 12 to 16 weeks behind at the moment, info shows that it's taking them 8 to 10 weeks to even open post!! Never mind reply to it.
All you can do is wait, all the balls are in their court.

Write to them, or e-mail.

You should charge them for late payment!!!!!!

Is it from self assesment? think we had this issue a few years ago, it took us months to get back, they were in no rush and did not care about refunding us at all.
Different story when they were making demands from us though.

Original Poster

skellysgirl

Is it from self assesment? think we had this issue a few years ago, it … Is it from self assesment? think we had this issue a few years ago, it took us months to get back, they were in no rush and did not care about refunding us at all.Different story when they were making demands from us though.

yea it was the self assessment,after all the phone calls i thought maybe they would send me a letter or something

Original Poster

MikeL

You should charge them for late payment!!!!!!

when they refund it there ment to add interest , i think i read somewhere it was 3.4% a month, but id rather just have my money back

Not sure if we got a letter as my partner delt with that side of things, but I know she was chasing them for months, she got frustrated because they expected their payments on time but made no effort to repay the debt to us.
They just said it gets there when it gets there

Original Poster

skellysgirl

Not sure if we got a letter as my partner delt with that side of things, … Not sure if we got a letter as my partner delt with that side of things, but I know she was chasing them for months, she got frustrated because they expected their payments on time but made no effort to repay the debt to us. They just said it gets there when it gets there

yea i know when i got the fine through it bassicaly said pay it straight away or it will cost you more , then listed a bunch of things that would get added to it

i knew i shoudnt have got the fine in the first place , but to be on the safe side i paid the 100 straight away then appealed , then the agreed i shoudnt have had to pay it and now im here nearly 3 months later

when you finally did get the refund , how did it come ? so bassicaly i shoud just wait untill i get a letter with a cheque ?

You are entitled to claim back your phone expenses and charge them interest at 2.5% (the rate that they use)

See info here

If we’ve done something wrong, we will apologise, explain what happened and put things right as quickly as we can. We will consider refunding you for any reasonable costs directly caused by our
mistakes or unreasonable delays. Costs can include postage, phone call charges or professional fees. Please keep your receipts if you would like us to make a refund to you.

Original Poster

ive lived without the £100 , so when i get it back it will be a nice little bonus , i just want to make sure i will get it back eventually

We just got a cheque a few month later
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 9th May 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564086
    2. 02 priority33
    3. Leicester sack their manager!916
    4. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1311

See more discussions