Getting Amazon refunds when there is a price drop on something you previously bought?

Found 25th Jul
I have heard of people on HUKD getting partial refunds from Amazon when there is a price drop on something they have previously purchased. Example: an SSD that was bought for £89 drops to £77 a week after it was purchased. They get a £12 credit from Amazon. Is this actually a thing? I've never tried it myself as I assume they would simply tell me to go whistle.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I think you can still do the price difference thing. I bought a laptop, a week later it went up by £48..... it took a little while but eventually they accepted my cheque for £48 for the difference.
11 Comments
I had this in January I bought a tv for say 429 with £100 gift voucher. On the day of delivery the tv actually went down by another £100. Amazon was adamant on not giving me the difference back. And they arranged collection of the current tv, and I ordered another one. This was there way of sorting the issue. So when the new tv came I then opened it put the return sheets in and returned a brand new tv that hadn’t even been out the box.

But I do believe that they have changed the rule.

They also should of charged me delivery but they didn’t in the end. So for the sake of refunding me the difference it cost them more in delivery as it was done through ArrowXL
Edited by: "19alexanderson91" 25th Jul
They rarely give the difference back these days.
They ask you to return and reorder, and often they offer to pay for return postage
No this was scrapped a year ago, but remained for a time on TVs, even that has been scrapped now.

Amazon won't budge. Also to note if you return an item and reorder at the cheaper price, they log the number of returns and can ban your account, if the percentage of returns is too high.
Edited by: "B.B" 25th Jul
I think you can still do the price difference thing. I bought a laptop, a week later it went up by £48..... it took a little while but eventually they accepted my cheque for £48 for the difference.
The only times I've got refunded the difference is when the item is dispatched and sold by Amazon. I bought a phone one time, it was £20 cheaper the next day, I contacted them and they said I had to return it (wasn't sold by them).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 25th Jul
Didn't work for me. This method is patched xD
Edited by: "arjanvirdi" 25th Jul
No, they will not do that any more.

You pay the price you bought at.

I have had a refund from Curry's where there was a price drop between order date and actual delivery. I had to request it. They have a price guarantee.
Edited by: "hottoast" 25th Jul
hottoast57 s ago

No, they will not do that any more.You pay the price you bought at.

Doesn't always work, depends on who you speak to.
No they don't offer this any longer, you have to send back the more expensive item and order the cheaper one
I tried to do this today for an item delivered yesterday and they said they wouldn’t refund the difference. I started the returns procedure, but with shipping costs it’s not worth sending it back and getting a new item at the lower price. I wasn’t aware that their price matching policy had changed, so am a bit annoyed, but will basically avoid buying in the future if a price is likely to go down. Fewer impulse purchases, so their loss in the end.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions