Getting cashback from Amazon

16 replies
Found 13th Jan 2008
Anyone found a reliable way of getting cashback whilst buying at Amazon? I have tried using e-cashrewards but nothing's tracked. If someone's got a good way of doing it then I'd be interested as I spend alot of money at Amazon.

Cheers!

16 Comments

Only nectar points or ipoints

Amazon credit card ?
Great rates
0% for 9 months on balance transfers (plus 3% fee)
0% for 6 months on purchases
Typical 15.9% APR (variable)
No annual fee
£15 Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate when you make your first purchase

Great loyalty programme Earn points every time you spend on your Amazon.co.uk MasterCard
1 point for every £1 spent at any Amazon website
0.5 points for every £1 spent elsewhere
With every 1,500 points you earn, you will receive a £15 Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate to spend at Amazon.co.uk

If you, or a friend, has a website then join amazon associates and click through your own links. The associate and the buyer can't have the same details though or they might not pay out. I do it that way and it works for me (the associates account is in my wifes name).

Original Poster

Nice one hottoshop, so effectively 1% back when spending at amazon and 0.5% elsewhere. Any limits on that? ie £20,000 spend or something?

Heard about the nectar points, will look at ipoints, think they're just another cashback site aren't they? I tried via e-cashrewards but without success. May try again.

I assume you can do nectar and amazon credit card at the same time to get both? I was most interested in the e-cashrewards one as it was 3.5%. Is ipoints more reliable in your opinion?

Original Poster

BigWig;1452362

If you, or a friend, has a website then join amazon associates and click … If you, or a friend, has a website then join amazon associates and click through your own links. The associate and the buyer can't have the same details though or they might not pay out. I do it that way and it works for me (the associates account is in my wifes name).

Nice idea, is this easy to do? Could I set up a fairly simple web-site or would that not fool them? I think they only pay the top whack if you send tons of people? I'd probably spend upto a couple of thousand a month so any ideas on what sort of cashback that would get me? Maybe better off with a standard cashback site anyway?

Mutual points 1% cashback and never have a problem tracking (3000 points = £20 cheque)
Necter is good when they do bonuses like double or triple points
Rpionts give you 500 points = £5 if you go through them and open a 'new' amazon account but don't credit ongoing transactions

Original Poster

ipoints = 5 points per pound spent. Any ideas on how much these points are worth? Don't want to get stitched up with having to buy some tap with them. Either want money or maybe more amazon vouchers???

Original Poster

macdoona;1452404

Mutual points 1% cashback and never have a problem tracking (3000 points … Mutual points 1% cashback and never have a problem tracking (3000 points = £20 cheque)Necter is good when they do bonuses like double or triple pointsRpionts give you 500 points = £5 if you go through them and open a 'new' amazon account but don't credit ongoing transactions

Cheers, done the rpoints for my partner and I and my parents too! Don't think I could keep doing it otherwise they'd get suspicious!! Works out well on a £15 spend tho, 33% cashback!

EDIT - Mutualpoints, 1% cashback, but you only get £20 cheque for 3000 points, so it's more like 0.66% cashback? Tbh I'm looking for at least 3.5% cashback anyway. Just looking for the most reliable way of getting most points! Setting a web-site up and getting cashback sounds good. Someone posted a while ago about their one where they sold star wars figures through it and if they got enough people buying that month then they got 8% cashback! Not sure how much would need to be spent tho.

Further details on Amazon C/C

amazon.co.uk/gp/…e=7

Don't see any reason why this can't be used in conjunction with any other cashback site etc.

Original Poster

hottoshop;1452440

Further details on Amazon … Further details on Amazon C/Chttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html?ie=UTF8&tmccode=7Don't see any reason why this can't be used in conjunction with any other cashback site etc.

Nice one, never realised before that you keep on earning vouchers (knew you get one for first purchase)

Should work with other offers to get extra cashback.

Well you cant get cash with ipoints, but you can get sendit.com vouchers (about 5000 points for £20) I generally use the points for moonpig cards (680 points for a normal size card)

Note: The only spending I have ever done on ipoints is amazon (hardly anything!) and my weekly groceries (only started recently) through mysupermarket. Other than that all the points I have made are through simply clicking a link or doing 5 second polls. I have made about 10,000 points in less than a year. You get points just for joining, and 400 the first time you use mysupermarket for groceries (2 per £1 spent after that)

Just a couple of points about some of the comments.....

Macd's right about Mutualpoints - it IS 1% not 0.66% as they convert the amount you spend into points rather than giving you 1 point per pound as the 0.66% figure would suggest & Nectar is a good option if you're shopping during a triple points promo & depending on what you spend your Nectar points on.

Kelly_O's right about Ipoints not giving cashback but rather vouchers. The 'Sendit rate' (where my Ipoints get spent) is closer to 2.5% as 5950 Ipoints gets you a £30 Sendit voucher & Amazon track @ 5 Ipoints for every £1 spent.

The only other place I can throw into the thread is Pigsback who, again don't give you cash but have a range of £10 vouchers that can be bought for 1,000 Piggypoints & who track at 2 points/pence per £1 spent.

On the Rpoints thing, you'd get an extra 1% off your spend by using your Rpoints balance to buy Amazon vouchers instead of cashing it out as 495 Rpoints (£4.95) will get you a £5 Amazon e-voucher. This may only be a 1% saving but you should be able to use this in conjuction with any of the other reductions or cashback schemes as it's a vouchercode that can be added to your Amazon wallet, not a link requiring tracking??!?

Original Poster

Thanks Charlie, all very useful info. Would really like to add a link to a web-site and get at least 3.5% cashback if possible??? E-cashrewards say they've stopped dealing with Amazon now so no cashback there.

Already convert my rpoints to Amazon vouchers at a 4% discount, it's higher at higher amounts. Will try to get it working with nectar unless someone has more info about getting a better amount of cashback? Through your own web-site sounds really cool.

Hadn't spotted the better rate on higher value Amazon vouchers/transfers so cheers for that.

Original Poster

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;1454226

Hadn't spotted the better rate on higher value Amazon vouchers/transfers … Hadn't spotted the better rate on higher value Amazon vouchers/transfers so cheers for that.

No problems, you can also get 10% but only upto something like £35 spend a year.

Original Poster

affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/gp/…ain

7. Will I earn referral fees for personal orders that I make through my Web site?

As stated in the Operating Agreement , we do not pay referral fees for personal orders. The nature of the marketing agreement between Amazon.co.uk and its Associates involves the payment of referral fees for referring new customers. It is important that we are paying for new customers and not simply providing Associates additional discounts above and beyond the already discounted items offered by Amazon.co.uk.

This is quite interesting, basically set up a web-site and advertise Amazon and receive a commision on people's purchases, does this bit quoted above mean that they only pay out if you get new customers or does it not matter whether they've shopped there before and you'll keep on receiving the payment for recurring purchases?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up56
    2. disneyland paris tickets11
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    4. Whey protien621

See more discussions