Groups

Getting enough Fibre when camping

I have a 5 day expedition next week & since fruit will get bashed about alot (as my bananas found out last weekend) I need a fibre alternative (you might be able to guess why)

I dont like dried fruit so can anyone reccomend something I can pick up rich in fibre?

Cheers
    James

12 Comments

baked beans, or any type of beans really. So could be them red beans from chilli. Also spicy food makes u go too. So if you can handle spice try adding curry /chilli powder to food.

Eggs will bind you , so if you are having problems avoid egss and drink lots of water/ tea

what a question lol

plenty of shredded wheat... wholewheat cereals, wholemeal bread, hard skinned fruits and nuts, drink lots and lots of water and if you get this problem regularly, flax seed oil capsules help x x

grapes help :whistling:

You couldn't have just Google'd this ? Jees.

kyalion;5718953

You couldn't have just Google'd this ? Jees.

That could be said for many of the requests on here - it's as valid a question as any.

As for camping - lentils are a great food. Cooked with curry powder for flavour- I used to eat in my younger camping days. Now my idea of camping fare is the nearest takeaway

Hob Nobs and Fig Rolls

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-03-22-bguard.jpg

:thumbsup:

loads and loads of cider... makes me go like a steam train coming out of a tunnel.... Woo Woo!!!

bluedave;5719033

That could be said for many of the requests on here - it's as valid a … That could be said for many of the requests on here - it's as valid a question as any.As for camping - lentils are a great food. Cooked with curry powder for flavour- I used to eat in my younger camping days. Now my idea of camping fare is the nearest takeaway

This is exactly the kind of thread Vibeone was on about yesterday, before the takedown.

kyalion;5719179

This is exactly the kind of thread Vibeone was on about yesterday, before … This is exactly the kind of thread Vibeone was on about yesterday, before the takedown.

If you try googling examples of high fibre food to take camping you'll end up with a load of rubbish - try it and see.

If you don't want to help the OP then thats not a problem - but don't feel the need to belittle them or anyone else. Try ignoring the post and moving on to one that you deem suitable for your goodself, you'll save yourself time and effort and we don't have to read your unnecessary comments. Win Win situation.

Original Poster

Yeah google didn't come up with much really.

Thanks for all the replies though, I'm armed with a shopping list & off to the shops soon!

James
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions