Groups

Getting married tomorrow!! Ironing help needed!

Im up trying to get the creases out of the bridesmaid dresses! They are very heavy satin and keep creasing. I have steamed them and tried ironing but no matter what i do they re crease! Any one got any tips!! pleaaaaaaaaase. Im going to be up alllllll night at this rate! Thought this would be a simple job, but noooooooo

17 Comments

ive heard that if you turn your shower on hot and leave the door shut with the clothes hanging up they will be crease free by the morning

Original Poster

Ohh i didnt write that i tried that also.. it didnt work. I really dont know what to do... apart from them wearing creased dresses!
    Thanks anyway

I would get someone else to do it lol, its your wedding afterall.

Hope all goes well

i would recommend that you just hang them up and leave them - dont worry about them - in the morning when they get dressed and sit down they will get a bit of creasing anyway and i am sure all eyes will be on you anyway so no one will notice their creases xxx have a wonderful day xx

Banned

You should be sleeping by now !!!!!!!!!.............. relax ................ it will be over soon.........GOODLUCK!!!:friends:

sn0ttyang3l;5077087

i would recommend that you just hang them up and leave them - dont worry … i would recommend that you just hang them up and leave them - dont worry about them - in the morning when they get dressed and sit down they will get a bit of creasing anyway and i am sure all eyes will be on you anyway so no one will notice their creases xxx have a wonderful day xx

I Agree put them in the bathroom with a hot shower for a while and leave them there all night and go to bed don't spend any more time stressing or you will regret it after its all over with
    good luck hun xx

What time do I have to be there again I forgot. If there is no cheese and pineapple on a stick I wont be happy! :-D

I don't know the answer to this but just wanted to say congrats and hope you have a perfect day. :thumbsup:

Hope the big day goes really well for you Good luck!

and if you find someone for the ironing gig, can yo ask them to include shirts for work as well please? cheers.

A.

Good luck on big day!! I am sure the dresses will look great xxx

Hope your day goes really well and try not to worry about the dresses. It`s your day..........enjoy.:)

you must be some catch if the guy you are marrying hasn't approved your ironing ability before the wedding!!

anyway no idea lol - good luck with all though

I have a little steamer which works so well its hand held and you just put water in it and a little salt and it steams creases out brilliantly, do you know of anyone who might have one?

Ironing might ruin delicate fabrics, try just holding a steam iron quite close but don't touch it, it may work as well but my steamer you just hang stuff up and do it on the hangers it's so easy.

Where abouts are you? If you are close I could drop it off?

If not have a lovely day, you and all your bridesmaids will look gorgeous anyway so don't worry.:thumbsup:

oh wow!!

Is it your wedding day??

Original Poster

Hiyaaaa friday ( tomorrow) im getting married... just waiting for my girlies to come over!! take away and drinks!! they all sleeping at mine tonight.
    Will post pics......... hope rain holds out.. see u soon
    xxxxxxxxxx

pcnutta;5083659

Hiyaaaa friday ( tomorrow) im getting married... just waiting for my … Hiyaaaa friday ( tomorrow) im getting married... just waiting for my girlies to come over!! take away and drinks!! they all sleeping at mine tonight.Will post pics......... hope rain holds out.. see u soon xxxxxxxxxx

omg, honey, I wish you a wonderful wedding day.

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you;
    May you see your children's children.
    May you be poor in misfortune,
    Rich in blessings,
    May you know nothing but happiness
    From this day forward.

May the road rise to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
    And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
    May blue be the skies above you,
    May pure be the joys that surround you,
    May true be the hearts that love you.

( Irish Wedding Blessing )

God grant you a beautiful day and a wonderful marriage to follow it x x x

Banned

Hope its a great day, and also a great day (weather wise)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions