Getting Mortgage

Found 26th Jul
Hi, I applied for mortgage in February 2018 with deposit of 45,000 and was given up to £94000 which comes to £139000 now I found a house and made an offer of £130000 which I think will be accepted but I just realised that my mortgage certificate invalid as it was up to May 2018 and I filled the application again with Halifax but they declined to give me anything and Barclays gave me £77000. Any suggestions or why I’m not given the amount requested. As the agency waiting for the certificate

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
AskMortgage
Top comments
Why don't you ask halifax? They've probably got a better idea than anyone here. After all, they have the details of your application, your incoming and outgoing etc, we haven't
20 Comments
Why don't you ask halifax? They've probably got a better idea than anyone here. After all, they have the details of your application, your incoming and outgoing etc, we haven't
Maybe they declined the second time because they feel you’re wasting their time. Halifax gave us up to 6 months, maybe they gave you the same and you still hadn’t found a house. Your circumstances or anything could of changed, maybe you have poor credit because a £122,000 mortgage minus £45,000 deposit is poor. That’s a 36% deposit.

No point looking for suggestions if the agency are waiting, go to the bank. Suggestions on HUKD aren’t going to change Halifax’s mind.
Edited by: "jayonline85" 26th Jul
If you have took out credit else where or even applied it will show up on affordability check, with that sort of deposit you should have no problem getting a mortgage elsewhere. If you need one quick get a financial advisor on it
If your in or around the Plymouth area I’d suggest talking to these people they were really good for us. condymathias.co.uk/services/residential-mortgages if not find something in your area by searching for independent mortgage advice in *insert area*. Then do some google searches on the companies that come up.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Jul
Did you ask to have the existing authorisation updated or did you do a fresh application? The other search is still in your record and could be conflicting.
Any additional lending taken out since will reduce you ability to pay, due to affordability.
Have you been doing multiple credit searches? Loans, Credit cards, mobiles, etc? Too many searches look like desperation.

Get a copy if your credit file from Call Credit, Equifax and Experian. Then lol for any detracting entries and try fixing them.

Certainly worth contacting Halifax again. If your circumstances haven’t changed. They may be able to review it
DE4L3R9 h, 32 m ago

Have you asked them why? Also dont get one it's haram

Pick n choose friend
DE4L3R10 h, 12 m ago

Have you asked them why? Also dont get one it's haram

It’s a bit complex not an easy to understand
Oneday771 h, 21 m ago

Did you ask to have the existing authorisation updated or did you do a …Did you ask to have the existing authorisation updated or did you do a fresh application? The other search is still in your record and could be conflicting. Any additional lending taken out since will reduce you ability to pay, due to affordability. Have you been doing multiple credit searches? Loans, Credit cards, mobiles, etc? Too many searches look like desperation. Get a copy if your credit file from Call Credit, Equifax and Experian. Then lol for any detracting entries and try fixing them. Certainly worth contacting Halifax again. If your circumstances haven’t changed. They may be able to review it

No I filled an online application
freeislamicapps6 m ago

How long was your initial mortgage in principle valid for? 6 months?
freeislamicapps17 m ago

Doh!! they will see that as a seperate second mortgage application.
Then Barclays will see it and think you are after more cash than you need.

Call Halifax and talk to them!!
Go to mortgage brokers as they are really good. Banks are annoying for new buyers as they make getting a mortgage very hard.

There are plenty of mortgage brokers, most are in estate agents
Buckbeak006 h, 26 m ago

How long was your initial mortgage in principle valid for? 6 months?

3 months only
Call them. Simples
Thanks guys, I made an appointment which was today and told most of the details are the same and gave me more than I asked for which is £124k and asked the advisor for why I was refused online and she didn’t had clue. Anyway grateful for your help and advice.
freeislamicapps1 h, 34 m ago

Thanks guys, I made an appointment which was today and told most of the …Thanks guys, I made an appointment which was today and told most of the details are the same and gave me more than I asked for which is £124k and asked the advisor for why I was refused online and she didn’t had clue. Anyway grateful for your help and advice.

Good result. Hope your offer is acceptec
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

Good result. Hope your offer is acceptec

Thanks but 3 offer made and met the price and we have deadline till 9am on Monday for best offer so I’m not sure how it will go
freeislamicapps4 m ago

Thanks but 3 offer made and met the price and we have deadline till 9am on …Thanks but 3 offer made and met the price and we have deadline till 9am on Monday for best offer so I’m not sure how it will go

At least you've got more money to play with now if this one falls through
Remember the more you borrow the more you pay back. Make sure you can afford monthly repayments.
Find a decent broker who can advise which companies are best for you to get a mortgage in principle,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions