Getting my iphone replaced, how do i back up EVERYTHING?

Banned
Hi, everyone i have to go get my jailbroken iphone 3g s replaced at the apple store today. What program shall i use to back EVERYTHING, e.g. my contacts, notes, pictures, apps, jailbreak apps,bookmarks, settings, texts etc.

Also after i back it up should i restore it to 3.1 or 3.01, it was 3.01 when i bought it and now is 3.01 but jailbroken?

Im gonna tell them that i need a new iphone because of the poor battery life it has, e.g. in 8 hours it loses 50% of charge when in Standby and no use. So if i restore it to 3.1 i think they may say that its just cause of 3.1 and then end up not replacing it, so what should i do?

6 Comments

I don't hold out much hope for you getting it replaced.

apple.com/bat…tml

It depends how you configure and what you have running on your iPhone. Even in standby your apps could be doing other stuff.

Do you do a charge cycle at least once a month. Letting it run completely flat and then doing a full recharge? Your suppose to.

8 hours for 50% battery life seems good to me ??

Mine is charged daily mate, you havea powerful device in your pocket, hence the battery drain.....

btw apple have software which will tell them how long your battery is lasting.

Original Poster Banned

when i have it on standby, this is when the screen is OFF, it loses 50% of charge. Not doing anything, no emails nothing!

fredhanz76;6486470

when i have it on standby, this is when the screen is OFF, it loses 50% … when i have it on standby, this is when the screen is OFF, it loses 50% of charge. Not doing anything, no emails nothing!

8 hours usage is normal though.

Original Poster Banned

well people i got mine replaced and 8 hours when the phone is in standby and not being used is NOT normal. They replaced it quite quickly without me even having to exaggerate or lie! I simply said that i go to sleep wake up in 7 or 8 hours and 50% off the battery has finished, he checked and saw my bluetooth wasnt on and my 3g wasnt on, but my wifi was, still not that but of a difference. And he asked in those 8 hours is my phone doing anything, i said i get about 2 or 3 emails at night and thats it it's not really doing anything else, also it's on push.
He swapped it and it was on 3.01 and i have unlocked and jailbroken it and then upgraded to jailbreak 3.1 and now it says no service and i cant make or receive calls, but i think thats a bug which im asking on another forum on how to fix.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846119
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764084
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1869
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?66

See more discussions