EXPIRED

Getting my sky+ in my bedroom...HELP!

I asked a few weeks ago for help to get my 'magic eye' working in my bedroom after it stopped working when I had sky+ installed. None of the suggestions worked sadly.

So I now think I will just have to buy another type of reciever, a wireless one? Do these not interfere with wifi? I have my old sky box, can that be set up so I can just get basic channels in my bedroom...better than nothing as I have very bad reception.

Any help would be great

11 Comments

If you find a solution let us know. We've bought diplexers and expanders and tweaked the loft box but unfortunately it's always snowing in the bedroom. Searched all over the internet but had no joy. Good luck!

Original Poster

I don't have my living room tv connected to an ariel, only get TV through my sky+ box. Before I had the new box fitted I had sky connected through to my room using a magic eye (£6 ish) and a long ariel cable run from the box...honestly it worked a treat, perfect picture from my bedroom and could change channels from my bed!! The magic eye SHOULD work with the sky+ ...I have no idea why it doesn't!!

Seems to work for everyone else so deffo give that a try!!

Think that they have video senders (5.8ghz) out now that work on a higher frequency that dont interfere with wifi or get interference from microwaves.
maplin.co.uk/Sea…920

Original Poster

esq3585;3618352

Think that they have video senders (5.8ghz) out now that work on a higher … Think that they have video senders (5.8ghz) out now that work on a higher frequency that dont interfere with wifi or get interference from microwaves.http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=81920

Cool thanks, theres a maplin near my work, I'll go in a speak to them.

Don't buy a wireless sender! I did that after getting sky + installed because mine didn't work either. It was a terrible picture and even interfered with my wireless broadband connection. You have to go into the settings in your sky plus box and allow the signal out of the back of it. I did some looking around on the internet and found out exactly what to do to get the signal through although I can't remember exactly what to do now, although if you are stuck maybe I could find out the information again.

Original Poster

googe;3649737

Don't buy a wireless sender! I did that after getting sky + installed … Don't buy a wireless sender! I did that after getting sky + installed because mine didn't work either. It was a terrible picture and even interfered with my wireless broadband connection. You have to go into the settings in your sky plus box and allow the signal out of the back of it. I did some looking around on the internet and found out exactly what to do to get the signal through although I can't remember exactly what to do now, although if you are stuck maybe I could find out the information again.

I would be so so so grateful if you could find the info...I've looked everywhere!!!

yeah you have to make sure your main sky box is set up properly,hubby watching tv can't remember exactly how it i did it....if i find out i'll post info

hi check out link,it explains about turning rf setting,hope this what ur looking for
thedigiboxshop.com/Dow…doc
thedigiboxshop.com/Dow…doc

Original Poster

hotmama65;3653128

yeah you have to make sure your main sky box is set up properly,hubby … yeah you have to make sure your main sky box is set up properly,hubby watching tv can't remember exactly how it i did it....if i find out i'll post infohi check out link,it explains about turning rf setting,hope this what ur looking forhttp://www.thedigiboxshop.com/Downloads/TV%20Link%20Fitting%20Instructions.dochttp://www.thedigiboxshop.com/Downloads/TV%20Link%20Fitting%20Instructions.doc

Hey! Thank you VERY much...it isn't working YET...however I think I now know what is wrong with it..(wrong cable, v odd as it worked frine with my old box)

Cheers rep added

Original Poster

Woo hoo!! It's working, thanks very much

glad you got it working,was it the cable???

Original Poster

It was the end off the cable...I'm so blonde but figured out from the link you gave me that the bit that plugs in to the sky plus box needed to be plugged in2 a different bit the 'RF' bit...so I just bought a £1.50 adapter that made the 'male' end 'female' so it fitted the hole lol!! Changed the settings thingee and the picture if perfect...so pleased...thank you v v much. I may spend all weekend in bed now lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nintendo Switch Game Cases35
    2. Remortgaging to pay off debt22
    3. cats and royal canin biscuits56
    4. Cheap Windows Phone44

See more discussions