Groups

Getting my tattoo done at half 2!...

....is there any tips or anything i should know....because its my 1st!

i did ask about drinking alcohol and its ok for spirits, but not wine, beer or cider! and its my 23rd birthday night out tomorrow so gonna be an expensive one!!!

151 Comments

it gets done in small bits so just relax and hold your breath everytime you get inked!

just relax and chat with the tattooist , i find it very relaxing just chatting to him while he doing the tattoo most tattooists are the same , dont take any pain killers before hand and dont get drunk otherwise the tattooist will refuse to do it

it doesnt hurt half as much as what you think it will, I've got 2 now and I didn't think it was that bad at all and I'm such a wuss! what you having done?

Original Poster

madinternetuser;5595597

just relax and chat with the tattooist , i find it very relaxing just … just relax and chat with the tattooist , i find it very relaxing just chatting to him while he doing the tattoo most tattooists are the same , dont take any pain killers before hand and dont get drunk otherwise the tattooist will refuse to do it

cant get drunk...im at work and gotta drive home lol! im not too nervous about the inking...im more nervous about the end product

Original Poster

kirsty1981;5595600

it doesnt hurt half as much as what you think it will, I've got 2 now and … it doesnt hurt half as much as what you think it will, I've got 2 now and I didn't think it was that bad at all and I'm such a wuss! what you having done?

im having musical lines in a wavey kinda pattern with the musical notes for the song I did it my way with the words written in too

stephen2k5;5595615

im having musical lines in a wavey kinda pattern with the musical notes … im having musical lines in a wavey kinda pattern with the musical notes for the song I did it my way with the words written in too

oww whats this a dare or something ?

you will be fine just try and relax and post a pic later.

happy birthday xx

Original Poster

jamespir;5595625

oww whats this a dare or something ?

i like the sarcasm....but its a tattoo that means something to me in a few ways so hence the reason for gettin it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dmissy13;5595632

you will be fine just try and relax and post a pic later.happy birthday xx

stephen2k5;5595615

im having musical lines in a wavey kinda pattern with the musical notes … im having musical lines in a wavey kinda pattern with the musical notes for the song I did it my way with the words written in too

that sounds good, wheres it going? I was nervous about how it'd turn out too but they sort of print it onto your skin first to check you're happy with how it looks before they actually start.

Original Poster

kirsty1981;5595649

that sounds good, wheres it going? I was nervous about how it'd turn out … that sounds good, wheres it going? I was nervous about how it'd turn out too but they sort of print it onto your skin first to check you're happy with how it looks before they actually start.

its going on the inside of my left forearm! hope it looks as good as i think it will

Tatts are fun, i have 3 huge ones and now even tattoing myself at home! i just cant get enough! you will be fine!

OOOOOO stephan hope you show be after x

it'll be fine.... good luck and have a good birthday

ive got 6 tatts and want another! youll soon be addicted!

I've got a couple of tattoos. Both times I just went in and chatted with the tattooist and that helped take my mind off it. My first tatto was the biggest and it took 3 hours to do. I'd be lying if I said it wasnt sore but its a bearable pain and was well worth it in the end. Just make sure you dont bump it or anyone bangs ino it tomorrow night when your out on the town. Happy B/day

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;5595685

OOOOOO stephan hope you show be after x

i will do dont you worry :-D x

Banned

if you think its gettign to sore to bare dnt ask them to stop that would be stupid plus they tend to charge more if it takes longer than need be

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;5595687

it'll be fine.... good luck and have a good birthday

thanks =D my birthday isnt till tuesday week but celebrating saturday and hanging sunday!!

Original Poster

PabloInTheSky;5595727

if you think its gettign to sore to bare dnt ask them to stop that would … if you think its gettign to sore to bare dnt ask them to stop that would be stupid plus they tend to charge more if it takes longer than need be

na....i'll just sit with the pain!! i can handle it (i hope :oops:) and yeh the longer it takes the more they charge

stephen2k5;5595736

thanks =D my birthday isnt till tuesday week but celebrating saturday and … thanks =D my birthday isnt till tuesday week but celebrating saturday and hanging sunday!!

lol, hope you're celebrating the following saturday too :lol:

Original Poster

Johniemac;5595710

I've got a couple of tattoos. Both times I just went in and chatted with … I've got a couple of tattoos. Both times I just went in and chatted with the tattooist and that helped take my mind off it. My first tatto was the biggest and it took 3 hours to do. I'd be lying if I said it wasnt sore but its a bearable pain and was well worth it in the end. Just make sure you dont bump it or anyone bangs ino it tomorrow night when your out on the town. Happy B/day

ok i'll keep that in mind! its on the inside of my arm so hopefully its out of harms way =/ and thanks :-D

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;5595743

lol, hope you're celebrating the following saturday too :lol:

im in brighton the saturday after :-D all year celebrations!!!

you'll need some cream for after to put on the tattoo My OH tattoo shop recommended Bepanthen (available superdrug, asda not sure if boots sell it
    Or I just used Savlon..

Let me know how it does as I too am going to get done on my inner wrist with My daughters Name and maybe a heart or star I have one already on lower back and was wonder how much the wrist hurts?

stephen2k5;5595753

im in brighton the saturday after :-D all year celebrations!!!

lol good for you :thumbsup: enjoy :-D

Original Poster

dmtuk;5595770

you'll need some cream for after to put on the tattoo My OH tattoo shop … you'll need some cream for after to put on the tattoo My OH tattoo shop recommended Bepanthen (available superdrug, asda not sure if boots sell itOr I just used Savlon..Let me know how it does as I too am going to get done on my inner wrist with My daughters Name and maybe a heart or star I have one already on lower back and was wonder how much the wrist hurts?

ok i'll probably go get some at some point. Im thinkin of more tattoos already lol and i havent even had this one done yet. Im gettin quite anxious now lol! want it over with and to see it

Original Poster

BTW........I HATE NEEDLES lol!!

stephen2k5;5595786

ok i'll probably go get some at some point. Im thinkin of more tattoos … ok i'll probably go get some at some point. Im thinkin of more tattoos already lol and i havent even had this one done yet. Im gettin quite anxious now lol! want it over with and to see it

btw dont use savlon coz apparently it fades it.... use nivea moisturiser

stephen2k5;5595741

na....i'll just sit with the pain!! i can handle it (i hope :oops:) and … na....i'll just sit with the pain!! i can handle it (i hope :oops:) and yeh the longer it takes the more they charge

its a wierd pain, hard to describe! but i think the noise and vibration of the gun makes it seem worse than it is

Banned

stephen2k5;5595741

na....i'll just sit with the pain!! i can handle it (i hope :oops:) and … na....i'll just sit with the pain!! i can handle it (i hope :oops:) and yeh the longer it takes the more they charge

its not sore well some ppl think it is some dnt but some ppl like pain i quite find gettign a tattoo quite relaxing

Original Poster

PabloInTheSky;5595835

its not sore well some ppl think it is some dnt but some ppl like pain i … its not sore well some ppl think it is some dnt but some ppl like pain i quite find gettign a tattoo quite relaxing

i hope im the same to be honest! not long to go lol!!

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;5595805

btw dont use savlon coz apparently it fades it.... use nivea moisturiser … btw dont use savlon coz apparently it fades it.... use nivea moisturiser

okey dokey....what about cocoa butter? got that at home

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;5595805

btw dont use savlon coz apparently it fades it.... use nivea moisturiser … btw dont use savlon coz apparently it fades it.... use nivea moisturiser

i used savlon on all of mine and none have faded

stephen2k5;5595861

i hope im the same to be honest! not long to go lol!!

well best of luck and dont be nervious they can sence fear lol

try not to tense yourself, keep it covered for the 1st day and clean with plain water, i used pile cream on mine and it didn't scab over too much and healed quickly

stephen2k5;5595869

okey dokey....what about cocoa butter? got that at home

oh and i wouldn't use cocoa butter, the perfume in it might irritate the wound (cos that's basically what it is) you need a mild antiseptic cream

Original Poster

queenlush;5596039

oh and i wouldn't use cocoa butter, the perfume in it might irritate the … oh and i wouldn't use cocoa butter, the perfume in it might irritate the wound (cos that's basically what it is) you need a mild antiseptic cream

ok ,thankyou for that!

Original Poster

RIGHT!!!

I'm off now to go get it done and i'll let u all know how it went when i get back!! Thanks for your comments!

good luck mate!

Banned

stephen2k5;5596064

RIGHT!!!I'm off now to go get it done and i'll let u all know how it went … RIGHT!!!I'm off now to go get it done and i'll let u all know how it went when i get back!! Thanks for your comments!

get the pics of it up when ur done :thumbsup:

Original Poster

PabloInTheSky;5596076

get the pics of it up when ur done :thumbsup:

will do! catch u all later :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918