Groups

Getting my wirelss connection working properly while also using a crossover cable - ftp working now and both working together but still can't connect to tinterent on xbox

Hi there, I recieved a Crossover cable adapter in the post this morning (Thanks RedIron!) and I've managed to get it transfering files.

However I cannot get both my wirelss connection on my and the crossover cable to work at the same time. Which is a bit of a bummer really.

Anybody know how to get it to work?

19 Comments

Networking isn't my strong point but you should be able to bridge the to connections so they both work at the same time,just right click one of them and you should have the bridge option there

Glad it worked for you anyway

Original Poster

yeah its too my modded xbox with unleashx/xbmc

Original Poster

Thanks dcx_badass, have sorted it now.

However how do it get the tinternet working so I can use the Youtube script on the xbox?

If you use the network setup wizard on widows and select the option for;

This computer connects directly to the internet. The other computers on my network connect through this computer

That should sort it so your PC routes the internet to the Xbox

Original Poster

it complains that an error occured, it keeps on popping up with no anti-vurus installed when it tires to make the network. could that be why.

timothyw9;2677060

it complains that an error occured, it keeps on popping up with no … it complains that an error occured, it keeps on popping up with no anti-vurus installed when it tires to make the network. could that be why.

That's odd

Try doing it manually ]this way then

Original Poster

That manual way doesn't seem to be working either.

timothyw9;2677250

That manual way doesn't seem to be working either.

OK, have a read of] this

You will be configuration 2

Original Poster

but that guide seems to be bringing me back to the problem i had at the start.

Damn, why did they have to make networking so gay?

timothyw9;2677711

but that guide seems to be bringing me back to the problem i had at the … but that guide seems to be bringing me back to the problem i had at the start.Damn, why did they have to make networking so gay?

No idea then

Have you tried changing the settings on your Xbox?

Also any idea's when you'll be able to get that memory card sent back?

Original Poster

today hopefully.

timothyw9;2677801

today hopefully.

Cheers mate

As for the Xbox you could always whack a livecd in it for Linux and see if that allows you on the internet. If it does your problems with the media centre settings if it doesn't it will be the PC settings

Original Poster

Sent it off although I think the pendrive doesn't like the PS2 (casusing it to just black screen)... not sure why, hopefully it will work fine with your PS2 but if not contact me.

timothyw9;2680313

Sent it off although I think the pendrive doesn't like the PS2 (casusing … Sent it off although I think the pendrive doesn't like the PS2 (casusing it to just black screen)... not sure why, hopefully it will work fine with your PS2 but if not contact me.

Cheers mate

If it doesn't work on mine I'll just buy a different one and transfer the files over. That pen drive only cost £2.99 in Comet

Original Poster

Anybody on here know how to get the intenet working on the box.

I can FTP fine but trying to use the XBMC Youtube script doesnt work it just comes up with network error.

Original Poster

heloo anyone?

Original Poster

anyone

Original Poster

Anybody any idea?

hey think i have done it ppl the router way...

Another question i have N64 emulator with roms the surreal 64 one.
    Thay seem to be RAR'd do i send them RAR'd or unpack them send also where do i put the Emulator .exe file ? in with games ??

Or can i just burn it to DVD and play off that ?
    Thanks in advance
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please11
      2. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?22
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?99
      4. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?55

See more discussions