Getting out of a Virgin Media contract ?

Found 21st Sep 2012
Hey I have been with virign media for the full pack for 3 months.
And during this time I have had periods of, all weekend without the internet, also 2 broken superhubs, and finally me having to buy my own router as the superhub would not stream my movies without stuttering, and since buying the new 50.00 router, everything has been fine.

Now again, I have been left without the internet for 3 days, and everytime I call they say there is a problem in my postcode, which they said last time.

When I was with sky for 5 years, I never once had any downtime, surley if I am paying for a service, they should be able to provide it.

They do give me like 2-5.00 off my bill for the downtime, but since this is happening more and more, and I need the internet, what are my rights ?

Thanks

11 Comments

You have the right ti them fullfilling their side of the contract which it seems like they are not doing.
Phone them and tell them they have breached the conditions of the contract and as such you are considering the contract void.

You may need to speak to a supervisor to get this done.

I had this a few times in the beginning, kicked up loads of fuss all the time, was forever getting atleast a tenner off next bill.
Have not had any downtime in over a year now though.

I got out of a BT contract 4 months into a 18month contract, as my broadband was up and down like a yo yo, basically tell them that your end is 100% correct (as they will always says the problem is your end) and you are more than happy for them to send an engineer round to confirm this at their cost...

Then give them 14 days notice as they are in breach of their contract, however you have to give them chance to fix it, demand an engineer...

if it is a postcode wide fault you are on more of a sticky wicket, as if they are fixing the problem and compenasating you accordingly they may say you can not leave..

There is a simple lesson here, NEVER join a provider who locks you into a long contract, ask yourself why all the tock solid ISP only do a month contract

Original Poster

Yeh both times now its a postcode thing, as the message says in the CF5 postcode.
Not happy as twice in like a month its been 3-4 days

Gutted I left Sky, virgin are the worst company I have ever had the luxury of dealing with.

Will just have to ride it out, but if its not back on tonight, will be calling back and see what they can do.

I once had no broadband or phone for 9 months with BT at a old address, the fault lied under a neighbours garden, specifically their tree and they refused BT access, they had to go to court to get a court order allowing them to dig it up, I was in credit for years after that

jonny619447

You have the right ti them fullfilling their side of the contract which … You have the right ti them fullfilling their side of the contract which it seems like they are not doing.Phone them and tell them they have breached the conditions of the contract and as such you are considering the contract void. You may need to speak to a supervisor to get this done.

Agree with everything you have said, however from a legal point of view, it needs to be put in writing rather than a phone call. Also ask for their complaints procedure and follow it to the 'T'. Your last port of call being OFCOM.

I have virgin media calling me back on Monday, as I complained over my past 2 bills, one bill had late payment charges and when I called about them they removed them now I called them on the 11gh September as theysaid my bill was £145.90 when it should only be £45.00 after a hour long conversation was told they would only be taking £45.00 bug while I was away on my holiday they took £145.00 so had to cut my holiday short as I would short of £99.00 when I called them they said yet again I was advised wrongly I asked to council my contract as they have breached it yet again and was told I would have to pay how can I trust virgin media they billed me £99.00 to remove cable they had left on my next doors flower bed. Even though I had asked 4 different engineers to have this removed how is this right please can someone let me know as I am expecting them to call me tomorrow after 2 pm thanks Kelly

Banned

k3lly40

I have virgin media calling me back on Monday, as I complained over my … I have virgin media calling me back on Monday, as I complained over my past 2 bills, one bill had late payment charges and when I called about them they removed them now I called them on the 11gh September as theysaid my bill was £145.90 when it should only be £45.00 after a hour long conversation was told they would only be taking £45.00 bug while I was away on my holiday they took £145.00 so had to cut my holiday short as I would short of £99.00 when I called them they said yet again I was advised wrongly I asked to council my contract as they have breached it yet again and was told I would have to pay how can I trust virgin media they billed me £99.00 to remove cable they had left on my next doors flower bed. Even though I had asked 4 different engineers to have this removed how is this right please can someone let me know as I am expecting them to call me tomorrow after 2 pm thanks Kelly

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/832/dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Fixed it:

I have virgin media calling me back on Monday, as I complained over my past 2 bills, one bill had late payment charges and when I called about them they removed them now I called them on the 11gh September as theysaid my bill was £145.90 when it should only be £45.00 after a hour long conversation was told they would only be taking £45.00 bug while I was away on my holiday they took £145.00 so had to cut my holiday short as I would short of £99.00 when I called them they said yet again I was advised wrongly I asked to council my contract as they have breached it yet again and was told I would have to pay how can I trust virgin media they billed me £99.00 to remove cable they had left on my next doors flower bed. Even though I had asked 4 different engineers to have this removed how is this right please can someone let me know as I am expecting them to call me tomorrow after 2 pm thanks Kelly

Sent From my iPad

Been with them for years never had an issue.

If you're having problems with Virgin Media we'd love to hear about it. We're a group of Virgin Media users on Twitter @vmhell

Also have a new website at www.vmhell.com

OP, have you considered contacting the Ombudsman? www.cisas.org.uk
They are the people to complain to if you've had more than 8 weeks of problems with Virgin Media and they have a bit more weight to throw at Virgin Media than your average user.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions