Getting paid via bank transfer

Found 9th Mar 2010
Heya, ive found a buyer for an item (not on this site) and he wants to pay via bank transfer. Ive never used this so am wondering how safe it is for me as the seller? is there any way he could potentially get the money back after its in my account? and is it actually safe to give him my bank details in the first place? im a bit hesitant.

thanks!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

he cant ever get the money back,and he only needs your sort code and account number-no card details and doesnt need your name or address so its safe

safe v safe

with a sort code account number and name someone can set a direct debit up using your bank account

nono2522;8058168

with a sort code account number and name someone can set a direct debit … with a sort code account number and name someone can set a direct debit up using your bank account

you dont need to give your name to get transfers into your account

if it's a bank transfer it's o.k. but don't forget they can pay a cheque into your account and then if the cheque bounces you have lost the money, so don't send anything without checking, ask for a bank transfer or if they are paying in direct to your account ask for cash.

Original Poster

Cheers for the replies guys but how exactly is it safe if someone can set up a direct debit in your name with the details you give?

The details are exactly the same ones printed on your cheque book,it's fine,don't worry.

Banned

All I need is your bank account details and sort code sir
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sch/cn/v/v3/w479/1211117_400_300.jpeg

deb8z;8059492

The details are exactly the same ones printed on your cheque book,it's … The details are exactly the same ones printed on your cheque book,it's fine,don't worry.

+1

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text