Expired

Getting ripped off at morrisons

Found 28th Dec 2013
Disgusted with tactics Morrisons try to make you spend money on items wrongly priced and placed in offers section but with the wrong size.
Example Fairy liquid £2 reduced to £1.33 for the 670ml but they have put the 800ml in the section.
Revels advertised at £1 but we were charged £2
Our family don't trust morrisons one bit, last year morrisons had an offer on colgate max white toothpaste buy one get one free, again the offer only applied to a certain size as I checked my receipt i noticed i had been charged over £6 for toothpaste because the wrong size was stocked in the offer section.
Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them?
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
When ever Morrison's have 1/2 price offers etc they are always out of stock or you can never find them.
They always seem to have wine on offer that they charge full price for aswell. Its happened many times to me but I always check before leaving now.happened Christmas eve castilero Chilean wine was on offer at £4.99 but scanning at £7.99 and its always worse at Christmas.
Yeah it happens a lot. The shelf filler people just see a gap and just dump any size product in it they see fit.
complain to head office?
I just think it's a ploy from head quarters if a 1000 people buy a certain item say £3 wrongly priced then that's £3000 extra money for them.
Only tonight got ripped off with a bag of revels advertised at £1 then charged £2!
Fairy liquid on offer £1.33 for 670ml but on the shelves 800ml which costs £2.29!
got to go back to customer services tomorrow but this time i'll take a photo of any incorrect deals and post on here.
Most supermarkets will have done this at some point. Thats what i like about my local tescos now, they have the self scanners. Much easier to track both spending and cost of items.

Added bonus, it also stops the missus slipping things in the trolley.

It is just one of their tactics that they can get away with blaming the shelf stacker and stating that they will rectify it immediately. Noticed the Asda close to me was doing it just the other day with Engine oil, staff weren't pleased when i removed some of the price tags.
Nothing compared to Tesco, which are the worst for this sort of thing, get used to it, it's not going to change.
ps if u dont trust why still shop there?#just sayin x
Yes this used to happen to me a lot in Morrisons so I stopped going there so much. Now when I do go I check the receipt straight away.
They're argument will be ' the shelf edge label clearly says......' !
mclovin9091

Most supermarkets will have done this at some point. Thats what i like … Most supermarkets will have done this at some point. Thats what i like about my local tescos now, they have the self scanners. Much easier to track both spending and cost of items. Added bonus, it also stops the missus slipping things in the trolley. :)It is just one of their tactics that they can get away with blaming the shelf stacker and stating that they will rectify it immediately. Noticed the Asda close to me was doing it just the other day with Engine oil, staff weren't pleased when i removed some of the price tags.

Ha ha it's not just me!!!!!
I always rip out the wrong price, wife goes mental.
moneytree

ps if u dont trust why still shop there?#just sayin x

For the actual bargains, not going to throw money away is there.
Was there many of the wrong ones there? A lot of the time it's another customer who has had the more expensive one in their trolley then put it down when they spotted the one that's on deal.
mintcake

Was there many of the wrong ones there? A lot of the time it's another … Was there many of the wrong ones there? A lot of the time it's another customer who has had the more expensive one in their trolley then put it down when they spotted the one that's on deal.

Whole shelf of them, if there was a few I would of actually removed them myself so some poor sod didn't get charged for something they couldn't afford.
aircanman

Nothing compared to Tesco, which are the worst for this sort of thing, … Nothing compared to Tesco, which are the worst for this sort of thing, get used to it, it's not going to change.

I've got to disagree. Morrison's I agree is BY FAR THE WORST supermarket for all pricing and stock issues. I have experience of all the major supermarkets and as I ALWAYS check my receipt before I leave I usually have one problem with my receipt at Morrison's . They rarely change labels that are out of date even if you point it out. I bought some Morrison's low fat cheese spread today and the shelf price has been wrong for two weeks. No apology if you point it out. They just don't give a **** at the Wycombe store. You have to keep your wits about you all the time.
redhot999

I've got to disagree. Morrison's I agree is BY FAR THE WORST supermarket … I've got to disagree. Morrison's I agree is BY FAR THE WORST supermarket for all pricing and stock issues. I have experience of all the major supermarkets and as I ALWAYS check my receipt before I leave I usually have one problem with my receipt at Morrison's . They rarely change labels that are out of date even if you point it out. I bought some Morrison's low fat cheese spread today and the shelf price has been wrong for two weeks. No apology if you point it out. They just don't give a **** at the Wycombe store. You have to keep your wits about you all the time.

Problem is Morrisons HQ are competing with the others, and prices are changing all the time, they employ people to check and change tickets, if these things are wrong, it is not Morrisons as a whole, but the actual store management, they are not doing their job correctly. But these tactics are only here because of the grand master... Tesco.
Something that worries me more is the buy one get one free etc etc, lets take Coke for example, a 6x330ml pack of coke, £3.68 is the price it can be, but then it goes to £1.68, then 2 for £4. Don't know about everyone else, but I prefer the £1.68 price, but obviously they are not making enough money on the item, so they bump it right up to £3.68 to make some money back, only to do the buy two for offer once more, its robbery.

I would prefer to pay £2 / £2.50 every day of the week than have all this messing about, real value is what these big supermarkets are struggling with, Tesco prices things, the others follow suit.

aircanman

Problem is Morrisons HQ are competing with the others, and prices are … Problem is Morrisons HQ are competing with the others, and prices are changing all the time, they employ people to check and change tickets, if these things are wrong, it is not Morrisons as a whole, but the actual store management, they are not doing their job correctly. But these tactics are only here because of the grand master... Tesco.

I think the problem is poor attitude to customer service. You can forgive mistakes. You judge a company on how they deal with them once they're aware. I suppose I should complain properly to get it sorted.
Boo bloody hoo.
I think Aldi are worst for this tactic
d19mes

I think Aldi are worst for this tactic

LOL, Its a good tactic though, as naturally we look below the item for the price.
Lincoln Morrisons is TERRIBLE for doing this!!! Me and my family don't shop there out of principle now as we have been caught out by this on many occasions. We got refunded each time but it's the time and effort that is annoying!!
Why don't you just check your receipt afterwards...go to the customer service desk and tell them you bought them item as it was seemingly "on offer" and wasn't.

done it a couple of times before and they refund you quickly and easily.
Its because offers sell out quickly and maybe they put a product in its place, bottom line it down to the customer to check the size and make sure it the correct promotion before you purchase it and if you have been over charged go back and tell them to get a refund or credit note
the amount of times I used to visit Morrisons on a Monday and buy their flagged offers on the aisle, only to get home to find charged full price because staff too lazy to remove signs when promotion ends. Their beef in pies and pasties from their bakery store was always guaranteed to have gristle.
Perhaps you should learn to read op? It will say on the label what size/weight the offer applies to.
traceypink13

Its because offers sell out quickly and maybe they put a product in its … Its because offers sell out quickly and maybe they put a product in its place, bottom line it down to the customer to check the size and make sure it the correct promotion before you purchase it and if you have been over charged go back and tell them to get a refund or credit note

Surely you expect to go shopping and not have to check your receipt before you leave, it's a trust issue, since when was it the customers fault for not checking the receipt.
I'd like to go shopping and believe what i was putting in my basket was the correct price for the item and I shouldn't have to pick up a item make sure its the correct weight and size before putting it in my basket if the shelf is labelled an offer.Since when was that the norm?
All supermarkets are there to 'trick' us with this kind of mallarky, but Morrison's are by far the worst we personally have experienced.

The argument that the shelf filler made a 'mistake' just doesn't cut it - it happens too often at Morrison's for this to be true.

There has to be a niche in the market for a shop to say they're just going to offer products at a decent margin to themselves, but we won't treat you like idiots with **** 2 for 1 offers (where the price has artificially been increased) and try to tick you with incorrect sized 'bargain' purchases in the wrong bins.

I just find it massively offensive when they spend so much money telling the public, we're on your side, every little helps, roll-back prices etc etc, when in reality they're saying "Hey you stupid un-attentive shopper, come in and be ripped off because you're busy and you haven't had time to check the previous prices or you assume we're not ACTIVELY trying to make you **** up and fall into our trap of incorrectly sized reduced priced items on display under a nice shiny half price sign ".

A bit of honesty would be nice :

"Get inside and be **** over by our pricing policy and our legions of marketers who's job it is to use social engineering to have your pants down over the price of your groceries"

or possibly just :

"**** you public, **** you"
just been robbed by morrisons, charged me £12.99 for a dvd that had a £7 sticker on it.
and they have put there wraps x8 up to £1.70 from £1 ROBBERS never again.....
LESS REASONS to shop at Morrisons.
ADVICE...
if shoping at robbersons CHECK your receipt ! ! !
deleted79467
just got back from morrisons £10 of fruit and veg for 80 pence
They're argument will be ' the shelf edge label clearly says......' !
Yes and mine would be and your staff still choose to a. not bother to read b. Choose to ignore what they read or c.give me extra and not bother to tell the till system. Either one doesn't make for a manager proud moment.
I do like the person who actively removes the price tickets.

There has to be a niche in the market for a shop to say they're just … There has to be a niche in the market for a shop to say they're just going to offer products at a decent margin to themselves, but we won't treat you like idiots with **** 2 for 1 offers (where the price has artificially been increased) and try to tick you with incorrect sized 'bargain' purchases in the wrong bins.

Sounds a bit like Aldi (& probably Lidl).
a bit unfair blaming the shelf stackers ....it doesn't always turn out that "we" have deliberately put items in the wrong place,there are everyday things being done like gapscan,instores and a whole load of other needless things that are hurried because we are so short staffed,i leave gaps if an item is out of stock,often to come in for my next shift to see the gap being filled with something else...many years ago if we had a gap we were allowed to turn the label round and face over with the next item,,managers want the shelves looking full and unfortunately the only way to do it is to just "dump" whatever stock we have lots of and then blame the shelf packers...I have even argued the point with customer services when I over heard her telling a customer it was the shelf packers fault cause they "weren't reading the labels"...when I pointed out that the particular item was out of stock the previous night and in fact had been overfilled by a manager I got a very disgusted look as if it WAS my fault....people need to start complaining to the right people,head office and in particular their facebook pages as they hate bad publicity...but don't moan at the person sat behind the till,or stood behind the CS desk,and certainly NOT the managers instore as half the problems are down to them anyways.

I was over charged in Asda earlier today by £2...was no big deal,i just went and got a refund at the CS desk,however,I was a bit peeved that I never even got an apology..that annoyed me more than the actual overcharge.
I always rip the offer signs off when they try and trick me and bury them someone in the store do the same and stop them deceiving everyone else.
Morrisons at Whitefield are well known for this tactic. Wrong items in wrong places. Three Chunky kitkats £1....come up as £1 51 each. I bought three pks. Nearly every time I shop there which is nearly every day...I get overcharged because they put wrong price tickets on. I am going to cause a stink over this because I am sick of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants