Groups

Getting Silly Now. Conservatives never make mistakes...

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Like a witch hunt.

45 Comments

totally agree, his name was jamie janes, any human being could make a mistake with the second name, i mean come on

and the mothers name was jacqui janes

I read this this morning.

So stupid, human mistake.

The sun was also pointing out spelling mistakes. Didnt read the artical as thought it was utter crap

Original Poster

ITV are hammering it, flipping joke. Don't expect much from the torry news.

Adam2050;6828609

ITV are hammering it, flipping joke. Don't expect much from the torry … ITV are hammering it, flipping joke. Don't expect much from the torry news.

problem is the general public seem to think this makes the pm some sort of bad guy, i actually think gordon browns a good pm. a lot of people say that he saved the banks

isnt this too much ott?

At least he has the decency to hand write the letter in the first place instead of just signing a generic typed one.

Original Poster

cribert;6828629

problem is the general public seem to think this makes the pm some sort … problem is the general public seem to think this makes the pm some sort of bad guy, i actually think gordon browns a good pm. a lot of people say that he saved the banks

They only see what they are fed.

greg_68;6828633

At least he has the decency to hand write the letter in the first place … At least he has the decency to hand write the letter in the first place instead of just signing a generic typed one.

:thumbsup:

cribert;6828629

problem is the general public seem to think this makes the pm some sort … problem is the general public seem to think this makes the pm some sort of bad guy, i actually think gordon browns a good pm. a lot of people say that he saved the banks

We the taxpayers saved the banks not the pm!

Adam2050;6828519

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8349757.stm

According to the Sun, his mother Jacqui was angry when she received the … According to the Sun, his mother Jacqui was angry when she received the prime minister's letter of condolence in which he appeared to misspell Guardsman Janes's name as "James". The paper has reproduced the handwritten letter.

The Sun is going into over-drive in their anti-Labour, anti-Brown campaign.
    Pathetic attack based on a slip in a personal letter.
    Disgusting exploitation of the bereaved ( hence shocked, angry, bereft) mother.
    Gutter journalism.

Bully;6828652

We the taxpayers saved the banks not the pm!

no that is wrong as well, it is WE, both the taxpayer and the PM saved the banks:

1) we provide the money
    2) he provides the decisions

Starr;6828581

I read this this morning.So stupid, human mistake.The sun was also … I read this this morning.So stupid, human mistake.The sun was also pointing out spelling mistakes. Didnt read the artical as thought it was utter crap

Article.:-D

Nice to see people at the top make silly spelling mistakes, makes me feel better!

to be honest if he was posting on a shopping website then getting someones name correct or a few spelling mistakes etc doesn't mean a fig but you'd have thought when your writing to a mother whose son has just been killed you'd have thought he'd have been just that litle bit more careful.

Banned

He’s in love with rock ‘n’ roll, woah
    He’s in love with getting stoned, woah
    He’s in love with Janie Jones, woah
    He don’t like his boring job no…

Artonox;6828670

no that is wrong as well, it is WE, both the taxpayer and the PM saved … no that is wrong as well, it is WE, both the taxpayer and the PM saved the banks:1) we provide the money2) he provides the decisions

LOL he decided to use our money to bail them out

Original Poster

ants97;6828707

to be honest if he was posting on a shopping website then getting … to be honest if he was posting on a shopping website then getting someones name correct or a few spelling mistakes etc doesn't mean a fig but you'd have thought when your writing to a mother whose son has just been killed you'd have thought he'd have been just that litle bit more careful.

He has limited sight in one eye.

Surely he should be looking at his people who check his documents over.

Bully;6828724

LOL he decided to use our money to bail them out

exactly :-D
    basically he used our money without our permission, but then again, all PMs are allowed that power

deek72;6828675

Article.:-D

Human mistake... I meant that :oops:

Feel sorry for Gordon Brown, honest mistake and he's jumped on as if he called the son a coward.

Adam2050;6828742

He has limited sight in one eye.Surely he should be looking at his people … He has limited sight in one eye.Surely he should be looking at his people who check his documents over.

you cant play the disabity card for this one. He is a published author, so his eyesight isn't an issue.

Artonox;6828745

exactly :-Dbasically he used our money without our permission, but then … exactly :-Dbasically he used our money without our permission, but then again, all PMs are allowed that power

LOL what? So basically you want a referendum for every decision to do with taxpayers money? Is that not the whole point of a democratically elected gov? You elect them in order for them to make those decisions.

ants97;6828707

to be honest if he was posting on a shopping website then getting … to be honest if he was posting on a shopping website then getting someones name correct or a few spelling mistakes etc doesn't mean a fig but you'd have thought when your writing to a mother whose son has just been killed you'd have thought he'd have been just that litle bit more careful.

but he has a massive workload. he took time out to do this. soldiers from other countries dont get this much respect from their leaders and they have laid down their lives equally. seriously last thing on her mind should be selling her story to the sun about a spelling mistake!

ants97;6828772

you cant play the disabity card for this one. He is a published author, … you cant play the disabity card for this one. He is a published author, so his eyesight isn't an issue.

I wouldn't quite say that, but yeah in this instance his eyesight isn't the excuse, just human error.

cbryanp;6828783

LOL what? So basically you want a referendum for every decision to do … LOL what? So basically you want a referendum for every decision to do with taxpayers money? Is that not the whole point of a democratically elected gov? You elect them in order for them to make those decisions.

We elect a prime minister to take our decisions and that is correct.
    i did not elect gordon brown. in fact none of us did.

edit: just wanna also say that i do not stand by or against gordan brown - just that i agree and disagree with some of his policies

Artonox;6828805

We elect a prime minister to take our decisions and that is correct.i did … We elect a prime minister to take our decisions and that is correct.i did not elect gordon brown. in fact none of us did.edit: just wanna also say that i do not stand by or against gordan brown - just that i agree and disagree with some of his policies

Technically you elect the party not the leader but I see your point of view

Artonox;6828805

We elect a prime minister to take our decisions and that is correct.i did … We elect a prime minister to take our decisions and that is correct.i did not elect gordon brown. in fact none of us did.edit: just wanna also say that i do not stand by or against gordan brown - just that i agree and disagree with some of his policies

Blimey! At least get the guy's name spelled correctly!

BFN,

fp.

cbryanp;6828840

Technically you elect the party not the leader but I see your point of … Technically you elect the party not the leader but I see your point of view

lol that is true :oops:
    i think we should just look at the policies rather than the person in charge (i admit i didnt back then)

magicbeans;6828792

but he has a massive workload. he took time out to do this. soldiers from … but he has a massive workload. he took time out to do this. soldiers from other countries dont get this much respect from their leaders and they have laid down their lives equally. seriously last thing on her mind should be selling her story to the sun about a spelling mistake!

again just because he's busy is no excuse for making the mistakes or at the very least getting someone else to proof read what he's written.

as for the respect thing then I'll disagree on that one as I'm pretty sure the troops and their families would forego a hand wriiten letter when they die to be properly equipped and have the same level of support their american counterparts recieve in the first place.

fanpages;6828849

Blimey! At least get the guy's name spelled correctly! :)BFN,fp.

haha lol i must be hanged in shame for misspelling a powerful man in UK

and then i must be burned on the stake for failing to provide perfect grammar

:w00t:

Starr;6828761

Human mistake... I meant that :oops:

Lol, only kidding!

cribert;6828629

He didn't save the banks... Mr Brown ]saved the world!

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6828982

He didn't save the banks... Mr Brown ]saved the world!BFN,fp.

How anybody can think that is news is beyond me.

pghstochaj;6829012

How anybody can think that is news is beyond me.

tbfair, this spelling mistake thing isn't really news either.

ants97;6828898

again just because he's busy is no excuse for making the mistakes or at … again just because he's busy is no excuse for making the mistakes or at the very least getting someone else to proof read what he's written. as for the respect thing then I'll disagree on that one as I'm pretty sure the troops and their families would forego a hand wriiten letter when they die to be properly equipped and have the same level of support their american counterparts recieve in the first place.

fair enough., someone should have proof read it. but no need to make such a big deal. her son has died..... there are bigger issues for her.

im not clued up enough to know how well british troops are equipped compared to american. i was comparing them to soldiers from coutries such as pakistan, zimbabwe etc etc where they value is a lot less yet they still put their lives down for their country.

Artonox;6829042

tbfair, this spelling mistake thing isn't really news either.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I agree. I think it deserves an apology from the PM to the family but it need not have gone public. The PM is unsurprisingly very busy and mistakes happen - writing James and not Janes is the least of our worries. However, the media want him out so they play to the lowest common denominator.

magicbeans;6829065

fair enough., someone should have proof read it. but no need to make such … fair enough., someone should have proof read it. but no need to make such a big deal. her son has died..... there are bigger issues for her.im not clued up enough to know how well british troops are equipped compared to american. i was comparing them to soldiers from coutries such as pakistan, zimbabwe etc etc where they value is a lot less yet they still put their lives down for their country.

The US military also complains constantly about a lack of men and equipment, it's what the forces do for obvious reasons.

magicbeans;6828792

seriously last thing on her mind should be selling her story to the sun … seriously last thing on her mind should be selling her story to the sun about a spelling mistake!

It's all about money imho, She sold the story to the papers.... Hopefully the big fat cheque will make up for her distress of having her name and her son's, spelled incorrectly :roll:

Ok there is no excuse for Mr Brown to make the mistakes he did, but he is only human...

I would have thought he would have proof read it though

pghstochaj;6829074

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I agree. I think it deserves an apology from … Oh no, don't get me wrong, I agree. I think it deserves an apology from the PM to the family but it need not have gone public. The PM is unsurprisingly very busy and mistakes happen - writing James and not Janes is the least of our worries. However, the media want him out so they play to the lowest common denominator.

i agree with you 100%. I guess it highlights the question if the media can control some of our thoughts and if it significantly does,then is politics handled partly by it...
    (but then again this is for another thread :D)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions