Groups

Getting sound through TV off laptop via hdmi ?

When I plug my Laptop into my tv via hdmi the sound come out of the laptop still, how do I get it through the tv ?

Cheers

12 Comments

When i plug in the work one via HDMI i get it through tv automatically...

I thought that was the same for everyone

Original Poster

i dont

connect an audio cable from your laptop audio out to TV

Banned

You have HDMI on your laptop?? serious question insomniac what model cheers

google brought this up

pcadvisor.co.uk/for…=20

on my laptop you have to go into the hdmi part and theres a sound option and it's normally set to pc speakers so i change it to headphone socket and then run a wire from headphone socket to tv and then the sound comes from the tv, :thumbsup:

most new half decent laptops have hdmi, mines 18 months old and has a hd drive and has hdmi, any of the £400 plus laptops have hdmi now, i think

vikasbhasin;6957263

connect an audio cable from your laptop audio out to TV

An HDMI cable carries audio itself, as well as video

I think you will need to shift the display from the Laptop to you TV to get the sound via HDMI
    If you just want sound then probably get a different cable

click control panel then harware and sound , click sound and change defualt to hdmi youl have to change it back when u want it through your computer

Original Poster

i have just changed it to default, when i do a test the noise comes throughthe tv but when i play video its backj through the laptop

Banned

waycash;6957292

most new half decent laptops have hdmi, mines 18 months old and has a hd … most new half decent laptops have hdmi, mines 18 months old and has a hd drive and has hdmi, any of the £400 plus laptops have hdmi now, i think

Yeah I've not really had a need to update my 5 yr old laptop does everything I need, I use my custom built PC for everything else :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ahh its working now, lovely jubbly, i have a dell xps m1530

iNSOMANiAC;6957315

i have just changed it to default, when i do a test the noise comes … i have just changed it to default, when i do a test the noise comes throughthe tv but when i play video its backj through the laptop

you reboot after it? im sure it needs rebooted to take effect
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      2. What is there free to do in your town?13
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534

See more discussions