Groups

Getting tax without a V5?

I know its stupid, i can't find my V5 document for the car i bought in March. In fact i am not sure if i ever got it, i have the bit ripped off for new owners.

Is it possible to buy a tax disc over the phone without having the actual document?

cheers ma dears

8 Comments

Original Poster

kyalion;6380313

do it online at ]http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/index.htm

Thanks, i tried the other day, was going great guns until it asked for the reference number from the V5

You should have received a reminder with the reference number on it, use that.

Original Poster

Inactive;6380399

You should have received a reminder with the reference number on it, use … You should have received a reminder with the reference number on it, use that.

Interesting, i did get that, will take a look when i get home,

Thanks

lost my v5 too during change of address unfortunately had to pay to get a new one although i would have got one anyways upon change of address. your tax disc renewal has a reference code on it and can be used online.

I never received my V5 when I bought my car even though I sent the documentation off. If you have your new keepers green slip and the reminder you can do it at the post office or online. I taxed mine at the DVLA centre as I had already taxed it when I bought it using the new keepers agreement. I have also received my log book now which was free as I had the new keeper's agreement. Hope this helps! x

Inactive;6380399

You should have received a reminder with the reference number on it, use … You should have received a reminder with the reference number on it, use that.

That's all you need. :thumbsup:

Titchimp;6380485

Interesting, i did get that, will take a look when i get home, Thanks

Just put the reference number off the reminder into the website, then enter your payment details.

Just done it myself last night :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?712
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1721
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions