Groups
    EXPIRED

getting to london and where to stay?

Hi folks in need of some help found out on friday that ive been invited to downing street on thursday for a reception with the prime minster how mad, come as a shock to me. right thing is i live in birmingham and never been to london so havent a clue best way to get there, also as its in the evening thinking about staying for the night, so after places (cheap) to stay near to downing street if possible. thanks for any help given.

9 Comments

Get the train save the hassle and add on a tube day pass for £5.60 which lasts all day.

I pay £33 train from Warwick but you may get it cheaper if you book in advance with one of these web sites advertised. I know a lady who paid £5 return as she booked in advance.
    For hotels try travelodge or last minute but someone will have another great site for hotels I am sure.

Have a great time x :thumbsup:

laterooms.com/en/…spx

Have fun

If I give you a present for Gordon, do you promise not to peek ? :whistling:

Original Poster

thanks folks and choc1969 as long as its not ticking lol

paul1521;6547459

thanks folks and choc1969 as long as its not ticking lol

not ticking.......but lacy :oops:

Original Poster

for gordon brown.... you mad and it prob wouldnt fit me lol

Give Gordon the bill he can stick it thru in his expenses lol

Hope you have a great day

Original Poster

jase.2;6547802

Give Gordon the bill he can stick it thru in his expenses lol Hope you … Give Gordon the bill he can stick it thru in his expenses lol Hope you have a great day

:thumbsup: cheers well hopefuly ill get there

paul1521;6547792

for gordon brown.... you mad and it prob wouldnt fit me lol

yea well......I have strange tastes in men :oops:

Ibis, Premier Inn, Travelodge, Holiday Inn (incl express), Jurys Inn, etc. are all better than the crap and overpriced B&B rubbish which tourists get lumbered with.

If you are around Downing Street then you are on the main bus route through the middle of London and the West End so you don't have to take taxis.

You might get lucky with someone like lastminute but hotels in london are expensive.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions