GGGrrrrrrr another washing machine rant!!! UPDATE

Never have i had this much trouble from 1 appliance!

im glad i recentlyy took out the offered years extra warranty, never usually do but at £60 for the year i thought was fair

anyways, my electrics tripping, traced it to the washer, rerpair line shut at 6.30 so have to wait till tomorrow to call!!!

im not happy!!

let me moan at someone please!

54 Comments

awww sweetie, you can moan at me, I can take it *winces* x x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5738652

awww sweetie, you can moan at me, I can take it *winces* x x

not an ideal appliance to go without with 3 kids :x

good job my mum lives in the same road :w00t:

there is some 'ladies chat' thread you should be posting this in.

What make is it, should we avoid?

Original Poster

branchinghenk;5738664

there is some 'ladies chat' thread you should be posting this in.

do men not have faulty appliances too?

loupomm;5738662

thanks :-Dnot an ideal appliance to go without with 3 kids :xgood job my … thanks :-Dnot an ideal appliance to go without with 3 kids :xgood job my mum lives in the same road :w00t:

thank goodness for Mum eh

No, I couldn't live without either :oops:

Original Poster

chas76;5738668

What make is it, should we avoid?

yes, Indesit, loads have already said to avoid but i took a chance and i regret it, this is 3rd problem and only just over a year old, if i had no extra warrenty i'd be stuffed

loupomm;5738681

yes, Indesit, loads have already said to avoid but i took a chance and i … yes, Indesit, loads have already said to avoid but i took a chance and i regret it, this is 3rd problem and only just over a year old, if i had no extra warrenty i'd be stuffed

I always get Hotpoint... goodness knows why as they're a pain too! wonder what the best make is....

Original Poster

ive heard bosch are good....but expensive i believe

loupomm;5738662

thanks :-Dnot an ideal appliance to go without with 3 kids :xgood job my … thanks :-Dnot an ideal appliance to go without with 3 kids :xgood job my mum lives in the same road :w00t:

Kids like running around naked anyway..................or is that just mine. :thinking: lol

Bear in mind the eldest is 4. :-D

Banned

loupomm;5738695

get down the local stream .. nice and cheap :thumbsup:

loupomm;5738695

I had a bosch and it was good, but I got new integrated appliances in a new kitchen, all whirlpool and i've not been impressed, although the engineer told me Whirpool are supposed to be good for washing machines, no good for ovens, hobs and dishwashers though!!!

Hope it's back in action soon, I know how much of a pain no washer can be...I've been there too:x

we have just bought a John Lewis own make with a free 3 years guarantee.
They had a Miele washer in there with a "free" ten year guarantee for £999...........it would have to do the ironing and put the clothes away for that price!

Original Poster

Syzable;5738697

Kids like running around naked anyway..................or is that just … Kids like running around naked anyway..................or is that just mine. :thinking: lolBear in mind the eldest is 4. :-D

my eldest is almost 15 so i dont think he'd be impressed :w00t: and hes always telling his 9yr old sister to put more clothes on :roll:

they come in handy for carrying washing to nans tho :whistling:

Banned

bitseylango;5738715

we have just bought a John Lewis own make with a free 3 years guarantee. … we have just bought a John Lewis own make with a free 3 years guarantee. They had a Miele washer in there with a "free" ten year guarantee for £999...........it would have to do the ironing and put the clothes away for that price!

yeah get the iron out you look a bit messy :w00t:

Original Poster

chas76;5738714

I had a bosch and it was good, but I got new integrated appliances in a … I had a bosch and it was good, but I got new integrated appliances in a new kitchen, all whirlpool and i've not been impressed, although the engineer told me Whirpool are supposed to be good for washing machines, no good for ovens, hobs and dishwashers though!!!Hope it's back in action soon, I know how much of a pain no washer can be...I've been there too:x

thank you!

£999 bits! jeez yeah cook tea too!

dog_cop;5738724

yeah get the iron out you look a bit messy :w00t:

pffffffft

Banned

hotpoint and indesit are the same

hiya granmaa loupomm dont you have a local repairman who can come down?

loupomm;5738669

do men not have faulty appliances too?

guys have faulty powerdrills, chainsaws etc

this is a ladies appliance and they should be thankful they are even getting a hand doing the washing in the first place.

You say you have traced it to the washing machine, have you tried any other appliance in that socket?
try a kettle or a heater (something that will use a lot of power).
if that trips it is obviously the socket and not the washing machine.
if you call them out and they find you have a faulty socket they may charge you for the callout.

Original Poster

kapows;5738741

hotpoint and indesit are the samehiya granmaa loupomm dont you have a … hotpoint and indesit are the samehiya granmaa loupomm dont you have a local repairman who can come down?

repair line from warranty closed till tomorrow, i will call when i get my elderly self home from work :thumbsup:

our last one was a Zanussi, lasted just over 5 years doing an average of 16 washes a week. I dont think that was too bad.

Original Poster

The Fox;5738752

You say you have traced it to the washing machine, have you tried any … You say you have traced it to the washing machine, have you tried any other appliance in that socket?try a kettle or a heater (something that will use a lot of power).if that trips it is obviously the socket and not the washing machine.if you call them out and they find you have a faulty socket they may charge you for the callout.

i have tried the kettle in the machine socket and fine, the washer blows the electric even from the kettle socket :-D

Banned

loupomm;5738753

repair line from warranty closed till tomorrow, i will call when i get my … repair line from warranty closed till tomorrow, i will call when i get my elderly self home from work :thumbsup:

need a hand crossing the road? *applaudes* :-D

Banned

http://www2.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/326359/2/istockphoto_326359-retro-washing-board.jpg

This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :w00t:

Syzable;5738697

Kids like running around naked anyway..................or is that just … Kids like running around naked anyway..................or is that just mine. :thinking: lolBear in mind the eldest is 4. :-D

yes they do hon...

you bought your new hat yet? ;-)

Original Poster

bitseylango;5738755

our last one was a Zanussi, lasted just over 5 years doing an average of … our last one was a Zanussi, lasted just over 5 years doing an average of 16 washes a week. I dont think that was too bad.

my last one only last 3 and half years, was a cheapy tho and done loads, but a year is just mad, i will be having words ;-)

loupomm;5738764

i have tried the kettle in the machine socket and fine, the washer blows … i have tried the kettle in the machine socket and fine, the washer blows the electric even from the kettle socket :-D

OH just reminded me that this happened with our dishwasher.......ended up having to buy a new one, sorry Lou :?

Banned

bitseylango;5738737

pffffffft

meh

guv;5738772

This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :w00t:

Grandma's washin chine.

Banned

kapows;5738741

hotpoint and indesit are the samehiya granmaa loupomm dont you have a … hotpoint and indesit are the samehiya granmaa loupomm dont you have a local repairman who can come down?

hahaha another suspension due for telling lou she is a granny :w00t:

dog_cop;5738790

meh

a touch of deja vous :-D

Original Poster

bitseylango;5738789

OH just reminded me that this happened with our dishwasher.......ended up … OH just reminded me that this happened with our dishwasher.......ended up having to buy a new one, sorry Lou :?

ooohhhhh :x

but i have a years warranty, they have to replace right?

loupomm;5738764

i have tried the kettle in the machine socket and fine, the washer blows … i have tried the kettle in the machine socket and fine, the washer blows the electric even from the kettle socket :-D

if you have also checked the wires in the plug you can do no more

Original Poster

dog_cop;5738798

yeah apparently at 32 im past my best before date :-D

although if i was a granny i'd be on Trisha.....:whistling:

Banned

dog_cop;5738798

lmao

uh oh mister snitch!! grr shakum rackum shikraums grrr (dick dastardly from wacky races)

D_C snitch strikes againnn :w00t:

Original Poster

The Fox;5738804

if you have also checked the wires in the plug you can do no more

im not sure i'd know much there :? i'll not know the difference

thanks for the help tho :-D

I could make you moan....:p

:oops: Sorry, wrong type of thread.....:w00t:

loupomm;5738802

ooohhhhh :xbut i have a years warranty, they have to replace right?

don't worry the biggest problem will be the time they take to repair it especially if they have to order parts.

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;5738821

I could make you moan....:p:oops: Sorry, wrong type of thread.....:w00t:

:w00t:

serious tho....dont all men :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again413
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414214048
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861843