Groups

GHD plates

Hi,
    I received my GHD styler yesterday, purchased from Amazon. I noticed that the plates don't align completely on this model. I am a bit confused as the plates on the older moldels are supposed to meet for better results. Shall I just return them?
    Thank you in advance

10 Comments

I would if I was you. I was bought a pair of ghds of amazon for my birthday one year and they turns out to be fakes!! My aunty paid alot of money for them! You've got to be so careful with ghd fakes.

Personally, I would only buy GHDs from their website or an authorised seller.

I would return them and get a refund asap.. Usually if the price is much lower then RRP I would think twice before buying them.

I have two Ghd's purchased from their website and plates are aligned correctly.

From their website:

How can I find out if my styler or hair dryer is genuine?
    Register your styler or hair dryer online to verify authenticity using our hologram verification tool.

Here is a guide to fake Ghd's: click here
    Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 13th Jul

Original Poster

Tiddly_fiddly

Personally, I would only buy GHDs from their website or an authorised … Personally, I would only buy GHDs from their website or an authorised seller.I would return them and get a refund asap.. Usually if the price is much lower then RRP I would think twice before buying them. I have two Ghd's purchased from their website and plates are aligned correctly. From their website: How can I find out if my styler or hair dryer is genuine? Register your styler or hair dryer online to verify authenticity using our hologram verification tool.Here is a guide to fake Ghd's: click here

I registered the styler and rang Ghd branch in Uk. They assured me that they are genuine after I gave them the date code. When I asked abt the plates, I was told that the gap isn't a fault. It is meant to protect the hair from the heat !? I am not convinced so I sm returning them for peace of mind.
    Edited by: "Alessandra15" 13th Jul

Alessandra1516 h, 47 m ago

I registered the styler and rang Ghd branch in Uk. They assured me that …I registered the styler and rang Ghd branch in Uk. They assured me that they are genuine after I gave them the date code. When I asked abt the plates, I was told that the gap isn't a fault. It is meant to protect the hair from the heat !? I am not convinced so I sm returning them for peace of mind.

Glad to hear they are not fake! I will have a look at my Ghd's when I get home, let u know about the plates. Isit just the original Ghd styler? I have these in the think and wide plates.

i got some for a friend from Amazon too - checked out legit through GHD warranty and they too dont quite meet 100%. They will with a bit of pressure so i see their reasoning

Original Poster

Tiddly_fiddly

Glad to hear they are not fake! I will have a look at my Ghd's when I get … Glad to hear they are not fake! I will have a look at my Ghd's when I get home, let u know about the plates. Isit just the original Ghd styler? I have these in the think and wide plates.

I think all new stylers have the wide plates. A lot of pple aren't happy about that.

Original Poster

adamspencer95

i got some for a friend from Amazon too - checked out legit through GHD … i got some for a friend from Amazon too - checked out legit through GHD warranty and they too dont quite meet 100%. They will with a bit of pressure so i see their reasoning

Customer services told me that the plates will align after 5 minutes from turning the styler on !?

Alessandra151 h, 13 m ago

I think all new stylers have the wide plates. A lot of pple aren't happy …I think all new stylers have the wide plates. A lot of pple aren't happy about that.

Ah okay. Did you end up returning them?

Original Poster

Tiddly_fiddly

Ah okay. Did you end up returning them?

Yes. I am still waiting for the refund. Cloud 9 is highly recommended by hairessers now when they used to swear by ghd's, few years back.

When you put hair through them this gap won't matter. The plates move about on purpose.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767158
      2. word association Game73844447
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543740
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047073

See more discussions