Found 26th Apr 2009
need to get a pair of ghd's and just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to buy them ? got my last pair from my hairdressers but they have now stopped selling them

42 Comments

I always got mine from our hairdressers also, perhaps another salon can help? x x

Banned

Would you buy 2nd hand? I have a pair, have had for 2 years but haven't used them a lot. x

I would go to the GHD site tbh :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i would consider 2nd hand but looking for a newish pair to be honest as mine are only 1.5 yrs old but knackered and the pair before that didnt last much longer. i used them every single day and always find that after 2yrs they seem to lose the heat

GHD site as well..there are far too many fakes online

Original Poster

how can you tell if there fake

hannah19790;5042006

I would go to the GHD site tbh :thumbsup:

I honestly never realised they sold them online! lol

Exclusive offer: 4 luxury, full-size ghd beauty products & ghd carry bag with any ghd styler from the ghd IV styler collection

ghdhair.com/

FOR GENERAL ENQUIRIES PLEASE
CONTACT US AT:

ghd
Unit 12
Ryefield Way
Silsden
West Yorkshire
BD20 0EF

UK: 0845 330 1133
International: +44 1535 651 500

Banned

louise.123;5042018

i would consider 2nd hand but looking for a newish pair to be honest as … i would consider 2nd hand but looking for a newish pair to be honest as mine are only 1.5 yrs old but knackered and the pair before that didnt last much longer. i used them every single day and always find that after 2yrs they seem to lose the heat

if you purchased these new they will still be under warranty, contact GHD

Banned

Ok thats fair enough. My mum bought a pink pair recently and we tested them side by side, mine heat up as quick as hers do so they're in good nick, but would be looking for £75 del so you might be better off new. x

Original Poster

sassie;5042050

if you purchased these new they will still be under warranty, contact GHD

when i bought them my hairdressers said that they only came with 1 years warrenty

Banned

louise.123;5042066

when i bought them my hairdressers said that they only came with 1 years … when i bought them my hairdressers said that they only came with 1 years warrenty

very strange, are they the newest ones as these come with 2 yr warrantee? contact ghd anyway

Original Poster

i found a wed page called ghd hair selling ghd's brand new at excellent prices but has anyone actually heard of them , dont think they can be linked to the ghd stockist webpage

Original Poster

sassie;5042074

very strange, are they the newest ones as these come with 2 yr warrantee? … very strange, are they the newest ones as these come with 2 yr warrantee? contact ghd anyway

i did buy them aprrox 20 mths ago, but the lcd light just keeps flashing all the time and they dont really seem to be as hot as they were.

Banned

louise.123;5042093

i found a wed page called ghd hair selling ghd's brand new at excellent … i found a wed page called ghd hair selling ghd's brand new at excellent prices but has anyone actually heard of them , dont think they can be linked to the ghd stockist webpage

ghdhair.com/bew…er/

louise.123;5042093

i found a wed page called ghd hair selling ghd's brand new at excellent … i found a wed page called ghd hair selling ghd's brand new at excellent prices but has anyone actually heard of them , dont think they can be linked to the ghd stockist webpage

Read this.

ghdhair.com/cus…eit

Banned

louise.123;5042110

i did buy them aprrox 20 mths ago, but the lcd light just keeps … i did buy them aprrox 20 mths ago, but the lcd light just keeps flashing all the time and they dont really seem to be as hot as they were.

if these are genuine you should contact ghd, they have even been known to send out new ones when beyond repair even beyond warranty, as far as im aware all of the new ghds came with 2 yr warranty

I thought 2 years too:? Mine broke a few years ago and so sent them back to be repaired but unfortunately they couldn't but they were about 5 years old. I was told (if in warrenty) if they can't fix them they'll replace them for free! Not sure how true this is but worth a call:thumbsup:

louise.123;5042018

i would consider 2nd hand but looking for a newish pair to be honest as … i would consider 2nd hand but looking for a newish pair to be honest as mine are only 1.5 yrs old but knackered and the pair before that didnt last much longer. i used them every single day and always find that after 2yrs they seem to lose the heat

Errrmm don't get me wrong but if you've had 2 pairs in 3 years and probably paid inexcess of £200 I would certainly be looking at a different brand that's cheaper and probably more reliable.
Only my 2 pence worth.

Original Poster

H_K;5042118

http://www.ghdhair.com/beware-imitations/website-checker/

thats just checked and it says unknown retailer i suppose if its too good to be true then it really is

H_K;5042118

http://www.ghdhair.com/beware-imitations/website-checker/

I used this when I was buying my girlfriends GHD's, as long as its through the GHD website you wont have any problems buying.

Original Poster

Broxy;5042147

Errrmm don't get me wrong but if you've had 2 pairs in 3 years and … Errrmm don't get me wrong but if you've had 2 pairs in 3 years and probably paid inexcess of £200 I would certainly be looking at a different brand that's cheaper and probably more reliable.Only my 2 pence worth.

i also have a pair of babylis elegance 230 but nothing compares to ghd's they are sooo good

Original Poster

hannah19790;5042140

I thought 2 years too:? Mine broke a few years ago and so sent them back … I thought 2 years too:? Mine broke a few years ago and so sent them back to be repaired but unfortunately they couldn't but they were about 5 years old. I was told (if in warrenty) if they can't fix them they'll replace them for free! Not sure how true this is but worth a call:thumbsup:

i will give them a call tomorrow, see what they can do, how long do they take to fix them ( if they can) any idea

Broxy;5042147

Errrmm don't get me wrong but if you've had 2 pairs in 3 years and … Errrmm don't get me wrong but if you've had 2 pairs in 3 years and probably paid inexcess of £200 I would certainly be looking at a different brand that's cheaper and probably more reliable.Only my 2 pence worth.

Men never understand this. I dont tell my hubby how much I spend on hair related products anymore, it makes it less stressful for him lol

ghd's are the best hair straighteners.

Original Poster

i tell my husband that they cost £40 he hasnt got a clue how much they cost but he would kill me if he know the true amount

louise.123;5042178

i will give them a call tomorrow, see what they can do, how long do … i will give them a call tomorrow, see what they can do, how long do they take to fix them ( if they can) any idea

not sure but they sent me a letter saying mine couldn't be fixed after about a week or so :thumbsup:

louise.123;5042207

i tell my husband that they cost £40 he hasnt got a clue how much they … i tell my husband that they cost £40 he hasnt got a clue how much they cost but he would kill me if he know the true amount

lol!

Mine doesnt ask anymore because when he does I tell him the truth and I think it physically hurts him lol

Banned

also

How long is my styler guaranteed for?

As the manufacturer we offer a 12-month guarantee with the 3 and 3.1b stylers and a 24 month guarantee with the ghd IV styler collection. Within this period we will repair or replace the product for you at our discretion. If your styler has become faulty due to incorrect use (please see product care for correct usage details) or accidental damage, we may still be able to repair it for you; however, this may be subject to a charge. If you choose not to proceed with a repair, and you request the styler to be returned to you, it may be subject to a small postage and handling charge.

ClarityofMind;5042186

Men never understand this. I dont tell my hubby how much I spend on hair … Men never understand this. I dont tell my hubby how much I spend on hair related products anymore, it makes it less stressful for him lolghd's are the best hair straighteners.

My wife tells me her hairdressers scissors cost £350 (Japanese apparently) I bet her hairdressers hubby doesn't realise what she spends on scissors.:whistling:
Saying that I don't tell my wife what I spend on tools.;-)

Original Poster

sassie;5042258

alsoHow long is my styler guaranteed for?As the manufacturer we offer a … alsoHow long is my styler guaranteed for?As the manufacturer we offer a 12-month guarantee with the 3 and 3.1b stylers and a 24 month guarantee with the ghd IV styler collection. Within this period we will repair or replace the product for you at our discretion. If your styler has become faulty due to incorrect use (please see product care for correct usage details) or accidental damage, we may still be able to repair it for you; however, this may be subject to a charge. If you choose not to proceed with a repair, and you request the styler to be returned to you, it may be subject to a small postage and handling charge.

thanks for this sassie my straightners are the 3.1 so i would only have got 12mths ( i assume thats right)

Broxy;5042264

My wife tells me her hairdressers scissors cost £350 (Japanese … My wife tells me her hairdressers scissors cost £350 (Japanese apparently) I bet her hairdressers hubby doesn't realise what she spends on scissors.:whistling:Saying that I don't tell my wife what I spend on tools.;-)

This is how it all evens up lol

Original Poster

just went on the ghd webpage and the ones that i was looking at yesterday were £98 now they are £116.49 can you believe that i should have bought them yesterday, just my luck

Banned

you only got them 18 months ago, why on earth would you have brought old style, are you sure?

anyway if so have you checked amazon they where doing the pink ones for just under the hundred, ignore that they gone back up

heres the normal ones £93-25 amazon.co.uk/ghd…8-1

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5042283

its soooo true,, i am lost without straightners.lol when we go to b&q my hubby is like a wee kid cant see any tools without buying something,, the best of it is he NEVER bloody used them on my house and he proberly already has something similar

Original Poster

sassie;5042323

you only got them 18 months ago, why on earth would you have brought old … you only got them 18 months ago, why on earth would you have brought old style, are you sure?anyway if so have you checked amazon they where doing the pink ones for just under the hundred, ignore that they gone back upheres the normal ones £93-25 http://www.amazon.co.uk/ghd-IV-Styler-Hair-Straightener/dp/B000CSLJDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1240781014&sr=8-1

didnt realise that they were the older ones thats what she was selling at the time at the hairdressers,

louise.123;5042336

its soooo true,, i am lost without straightners.lol when we go to b&q … its soooo true,, i am lost without straightners.lol when we go to b&q my hubby is like a wee kid cant see any tools without buying something,, the best of it is he NEVER bloody used them on my house and he proberly already has something similar

I think they just like to OWN them. If my hubby buys yet another cordless drill, " because it might come in handy"... I shall go buy new ghd's lol

ClarityofMind;5042283

Seems my wife was right, some scissors go up to nearly a grand.:whistling:

yoiscissors.com/mat…tml

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5042354

I think they just like to OWN them. If my hubby buys yet another cordless … I think they just like to OWN them. If my hubby buys yet another cordless drill, " because it might come in handy"... I shall go buy new ghd's lol

lol they must all be the same mine bought a new drill as he was putting up a new back gate but the drill he already had wouldn't do the job lol what a load of sh"t lol

Original Poster

Broxy;5042386

Seems my wife was right, some scissors go up to nearly a … Seems my wife was right, some scissors go up to nearly a grand.:whistling:http://www.yoiscissors.com/matsuzaki_mantis_cut_88.html

are the ones out of poundland not do the job lol only kidding

Broxy;5042386

Seems my wife was right, some scissors go up to nearly a … Seems my wife was right, some scissors go up to nearly a grand.:whistling:http://www.yoiscissors.com/matsuzaki_mantis_cut_88.html

crazy or what. I'd want em diamond studded for that price lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge611
    2. Xbox one games with gold November!33
    3. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas44
    4. Advice on selling an iPhone?79

See more discussions