Groups

Ghost in the machine - Any hints...

Laptop was online but I was doing something on the other side of the room. Suddenly I heard a voice.....
    The time is 11:30.

Was wondering if I had any alarms set anywhere such as on phones or mobiles but nothing was set. I think the voice was from something on the laptop but I have not knowingly set up anything to do this.

Any hints of what I can do to check if it was from the computer?

13 Comments

Check the event log for any applications that gave a warning/error?

Other than that, run for the hills...

Original Poster

I am still looking through the event log records.
    The sound was something like the voice I get telling me that my anti virus is up to date. I am using Avast at the moment. Does anyone know if there is anything in avast that would generate a time report?

Sometimes when a taxi or police car drives past my desktop used to pick up the conversation if they were right outside. Might be that?

Probably was Avast updating.

It normally says ' Virus databased has been updated' or something like that.

Original Poster

I am wondering a bit if I am just hearing voices......LOL
    But the thing I heard said "The time is 11:30" in a computer generated voice. I am also checking all the settings on my mobile in case it came from that.

Maybe it was a ghost oooooooooooooo spook

Original Poster

gr8h8me

Maybe it was a ghost oooooooooooooo spook

or the scizofrenia .......

Original Poster

Ok I have been selecting various alarm functions on my mobile and there is a similar voice function on the mobile. But when it was set as an alarm it repeated several times and the initial voice I heard just gave a single alert.

Stumped!!!

The time is 12.40

Original Poster

deek72

The time is 12.40

Its not the same effect when its written........ LOL

WoolyM

Ok I have been selecting various alarm functions on my mobile and there … Ok I have been selecting various alarm functions on my mobile and there is a similar voice function on the mobile. But when it was set as an alarm it repeated several times and the initial voice I heard just gave a single alert.Stumped!!!

Maybe you only heard the last alert.

WoolyM

Its not the same effect when its written........ LOL

I was trying to type it in a spooky voice as well

Original Poster

dungavel

Maybe you only heard the last alert.

On the phone it was a bit different. It said "Time to get up, the time is ........." several times and it vibrated at the same time. I am now wondering whether it was the computer or the phone. But whatever it was it was definitely not a usual alert. Spooky!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger89
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846232
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764367
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32176

See more discussions