Giff Gaff or Tesco Mobile PAYG

Found 13th Feb
So there is a similar offer on both of these O2 networks.

giff gaff wins uswitch provider of the year and Tesco mobile has three best rated customer service of the two.

Looking at the big bundles/rocket pack pay as you go tariffs specifically

Is the speed the same and connections? I've heard different despite same network...

How are the Apps - do they update in real time etc. Any pros or cons.

Any good perks with getting either.

I notice calls and data cheaper on giff gaff when run out, but Tesco get club card points. Can you restart bundles early with both?

Anyone been with both to give an unbiased opinion?

Can't decide which one!
Community Updates
6 Comments
I tried gift gaff for a while but gave up due to loosing connection every now and again , changed to Tesco , no problems at all
AlecLeamas2 h, 58 m ago

I tried gift gaff for a while but gave up due to loosing connection every …I tried gift gaff for a while but gave up due to loosing connection every now and again , changed to Tesco , no problems at all

I have to agree. Giff Gaff was not good for me. Tesco is O2 network so with a 800MHz phone is very good.
I'm tesco. Rest family is giff gaff.. Got one mate that's 02 network. All the same speeds despite what I have read. All the same signal strength. Only difference is customer support and pricing but all of us are sticking to our chosen networks because we are happy with what we got. Only downside is band 20 Chinese phones.
I'm on giffgaff, but data is slower on giffgaff compared to Tesco. You can renew your bundles on giffgaff early if you run out.
Giffgaff is online help only if you have technical issues through the giffgaff community forums, but they are very helpful. I can't speak for Tesco mobile, but I would imagine they have a customer technical helpline?
The good thing with giffgaff is that if you have other friends/family on the giffgaff network, you can call each other for free just as long as you top up £10 every 3 months. I have had no problem with the giffgaff signal in my area in London, coverage is different with whatever network you're with, eg giffgaff (02) is great coverage in my area, but 3 mobile and EE are terrible reception in my area.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions