EXPIRED

Giffgaff goody bag £10 deal, please explain?

ok so does it work like pay as you go? do i pay £10 up front for the goodybag then have access to the 250mins unltd texts and unltd internet?

i want to have a sim in which i cannot possibly go over any of my allowances... i am gettign confused when in the more info section it tells me about all these areas in which things cost when it claims most are free???

regards *** PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST OR OFFER REFERRALS***

31 Comments

The deal looks very good but if you don't get an answer here try asking in the Giff-gaff forums - you'll get an answer as they get "rewards" for helping people in the forums

Original Poster

gud point well made

I have just joined GiffGaff and it`s great, I didn`t bother with a goody bag at first as someone already on GiffGaff sent me a sim, I topped up by £10 and got £5 free, GiffGaff to GiffGaff is free, txts or calls,.everytime you get someone else to sign up, you both get £5 credit free, you earn call time everytime they top up and free credit lasts for 3 months, not 1 month. 0800 are free, txts and calls internationally are 8p. no problem with coverage as it runs on O2 network

Original Poster

good to know skinner, but my real question is do you pay for the goody bags up front, or sign up to them like a rolling contract? if so the latter leaves you open to exceeding limits and beingcharged more..... this worries me

my other question would be about unltd internet runnign out feburary 28th.... is this even if you have signed up to the goody bags before hand?

joeprosho

good to know skinner, but my real question is do you pay for the goody … good to know skinner, but my real question is do you pay for the goody bags up front, or sign up to them like a rolling contract? if so the latter leaves you open to exceeding limits and beingcharged more..... this worries memy other question would be about unltd internet runnign out feburary 28th.... is this even if you have signed up to the goody bags before hand?

you can set up an auto payment, or not, its a payandgo tariff regardless. You topup and then buy goodybags with your credit. i topped up almost 2 months ago and not needed to do so again since. got my wife and family on giffgaff so its extremely cheap for me. I After the free internet runs out, you will still get the unlimited free internet after feb when you buy a relevant goodybag

its like shanecr states, top up when you need to, I havent topped up for 6 weeks now and still have over a tenner credit, the more you get to sign up the more free credit you get, if you want free internet buy the goody bag with the free internet after 28th feb, as its all free until them, and at 4p txt and 8p minuite to all mobiles and landlines you should not run out of credit off £10 for months, it is a great tariff for pay as you go, especially with the free GiffGaff to Giffgaff

Original Poster

sounds great guys ithink im going to go for it, its for my slightly less responsible sis but sounds perfect! many thanks for the advice

also i changed from Orange to GiffGaff and it was no problem at all, no loss of service, cant recommend them highly enough, the forum is really helpful too

The 250 Mins is only a promotion and normally £10 gets you unlimited internet and texts plus 150mins. You don't get any inclusive credit (ie your £10 is swallowed by the goodybag) MMS are chargeable. Calls between giff gaff and giff gaff are free providing you top up £10 once every 3 months. You can make giff gaff pay, I've spent £40 and made 49 back in payback (referrals and helping on the board).

Original Poster

aye i get the goody bag takes your money but thats kewl, like the fact it lasts more than a month though, does the goody bag last 3 months or 1 month then?? £10 for unltd internet seems riddic if that lasted more than a month

i think the goody bags last a month, thats why i chose to just put £10 worth of credit instead of choosin a goody bag, just to see how i got on with it, think most people do that, dont use internet on my phone so its pretty useless to me

Original Poster

she's just got a san francisco so the internet would be useful, if she went for sumthing like the tesco sim deal which is great, it's an absolute horror show if you go over your data allowance, direct debit means they can take what they like from you really.. keeps it nice and controlled this way

joeprosho

she's just got a san francisco so the internet would be useful, if she … she's just got a san francisco so the internet would be useful, if she went for sumthing like the tesco sim deal which is great, it's an absolute horror show if you go over your data allowance, direct debit means they can take what they like from you really.. keeps it nice and controlled this way

same reason i went to giffgaff was because of my sanfran lol

I put a tenner on 3 months ago, then got a fiver for referring the missus and still have a fiver left. I went giffgaff for the mobile internet mainly as I have a work phone for all my calls.

0800 numbers are free on giffgaff too,unlike other mobiles

Which network do giffgaff use.They use 02 just googled.

Edited by: "databar" 28th Dec 2010

Original Poster

shanecr

same reason i went to giffgaff was because of my sanfran lol

you going with the goody bag atm then?

So I just ordered a SIM through filling out the form, once it arrives how do I select the £10 goodybay? Great deal for £10, especially if your allowances last untill they run out. Also is there anyway to port my number over?

Original Poster

i would have thought you can port would just need to ring ur service provider and get ur pac code??, but i pressume once you get ur card you to it up and then text a code to activate a goodybag or can simply do it online

hey people im wanting to know about the ten pound top up goody bag on giff gaff. once you top up does it take your ten pounds in order for you to get the 250 minz and unlmtd text and web?
thanx

so when you buy the good bag dose it take your credit off you or do you get to keep your credit and have the good bag as well like when topping up on o2 it give ya the free texts and stuff and you still keep your credit

shortstuf27

so when you buy the good bag dose it take your credit off you or do you … so when you buy the good bag dose it take your credit off you or do you get to keep your credit and have the good bag as well like when topping up on o2 it give ya the free texts and stuff and you still keep your credit

No the £10 is swallowed by the goodybag

shortstuf27

so when you buy the good bag dose it take your credit off you or do you … so when you buy the good bag dose it take your credit off you or do you get to keep your credit and have the good bag as well like when topping up on o2 it give ya the free texts and stuff and you still keep your credit

Its goodybag OR credit.

wht do u get if uu top up £10 without a goody bag?

£10 credit (_;)

aysha1 : Just like buying something fromover the counter. You pay and in return get a goody bag that will last for 1 month offering the services relavent to the goody bag you have chosen. Once that month is up your your ability to use the services will stop unless you have any "credit" left on your account which will then be used. This would also be the case if your goody bag is still less than a month old but you have used up the allowance (ie you have two weeks left to run on £10 goody bag but have used over 250 minutes of calls) In this case your internet and Texts would still be free for the remainder of the goody bags life but if you have credit you will be charged for your calls. If you don't have credit you will be unable to make calls until you purchase credit. You will be unable to activate another goodybag until the original has expired.

If you buy a cheap goodybag and use all the credit before the month is up, can you buy another to continue using the phone.
What is a month? Is it a calendar month. ie 1st of the month to the end of the month or is it day x of one month to same day x of next month?
Edited by: "WoolyM" 29th May 2011

WoolyM

If you buy a cheap goodybag and use all the credit before the month is … If you buy a cheap goodybag and use all the credit before the month is up, can you buy another to continue using the phone. What is a month? Is it a calendar month. ie 1st of the month to the end of the month or is it day x of one month to same day x of next month?

goody bag is a 30 day thing, starts whatever day you set it up from

giffgaff is annoying me !!!!!!!

i was wondering if i switched over to gifgaf. Would i be able to call and text other gifgaf customers without topping up ?

kitty12

i was wondering if i switched over to gifgaf. Would i be able to call and … i was wondering if i switched over to gifgaf. Would i be able to call and text other gifgaf customers without topping up ?

You'd need to top up initially. You then get free calls / texts to Giffgaff for 3 months.

soo if i top up £10 and do the goodybag £10 and get 250 mins for a month. would i have to keep topping up after every month it finshes?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. GOT Leaks again614
  2. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
  3. Sad news about Barcelona2073
  4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124

See more discussions