Edited by:"masterz123"Found 25th Sep 2017
From October 4th 2017

2798923.jpg

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Good times

they wont win any customers back until they stop the hammering of the speeds, 2Mb on their 4G everyone else 15+ even their manageing director admitted they are just their to make o2 money, problem is the loyal GGers think they are getting a good deal and unfortunately the market has changed now and you can get much better service and customer service elsewhere. We were with them from the start so know what its like, whole families on GG but now all gone.

I think it's good value for me, as I am a very low user.. had the £5 goody bag over well over a year now, can't find a payg sim for cheaper..
Edited by: "malnuman" 25th Sep 2017

malnuman1 h, 30 m ago

I think it's good value for me, as I am a very low user.. had the £5 …I think it's good value for me, as I am a very low user.. had the £5 goody bag over well over a year now, can't find a payg sim for cheaper..

And that’s how they get you, if you come to this site regularly you will see much better offerings on the deal pages from the likes of plusnet and id, plusnet fir example had a deal for £4 a month recently for 500 mins, 500mb and 5000 texts, and even £5 1000 mins, 1000 texts and 1.5GB data makes the GG £5 months look like they were taking the mick

these sorts of deals change all the time just search on here for the best deals or have a look at uswitch or direct plenty of offers and you get nothing for loyalty.

There are are also some old fashioned payg ones like threes 321 plan or o2 version which can be cheaper than the GG £5 plan depending on usage.

uswitch.com/mob…ls/

eslick1 h, 13 m ago

And that’s how they get you, if you come to this site regularly you will s …And that’s how they get you, if you come to this site regularly you will see much better offerings on the deal pages from the likes of plusnet and id, plusnet fir example had a deal for £4 a month recently for 500 mins, 500mb and 5000 texts, and even £5 1000 mins, 1000 texts and 1.5GB data makes the GG £5 months look like they were taking the mick these sorts of deals change all the time just search on here for the best deals or have a look at uswitch or direct plenty of offers and you get nothing for loyalty. There are are also some old fashioned payg ones like threes 321 plan or o2 version which can be cheaper than the GG £5 plan depending on usage.https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

Nearly all the sim only deals now days are 30 day rolling contracts, with the hassle of calling to cancel, but I will keep an eye out for any good old fashioned payg deals, thanks for the reply

malnuman43 m ago

Nearly all the sim only deals now days are 30 day rolling contracts, …Nearly all the sim only deals now days are 30 day rolling contracts, with the hassle of calling to cancel, but I will keep an eye out for any good old fashioned payg deals, thanks for the reply

They are the same as GG you only cancel if you want to move, GIffgaff is the same, though you never get to speak to a person.

The 30 day rolling contracts are 2/3/4 times more expensive than the GiffGaff ones.

To get anywhere near what GiffGaff offer you need to take a fixed term 12 month contract with other providers

malnuman25th Sep

I think it's good value for me, as I am a very low user.. had the £5 …I think it's good value for me, as I am a very low user.. had the £5 goody bag over well over a year now, can't find a payg sim for cheaper..

They've offered us low users absolutely nothing. This is after they made airtime credit data extortionately more expensive.

It's only the free giffgaff to giffgaff calls that keep me there, as that's 99% of my calls. If I could find something that offered me this and a little more data, I'd jump ship in a heat beat and move everyone with me.

eslick25th Sep

They are the same as GG you only cancel if you want to move, GIffgaff is …They are the same as GG you only cancel if you want to move, GIffgaff is the same, though you never get to speak to a person.

The difference with GG if you can choose to pay nothing on certain months if you feel like it. You only need to buy something once every 3 months to keep the free calls going. That isn't an option on a rolling contract.

I'm sort of liking the look of this: smarty.co.uk/ but not fancying being obliged to pay every month.
Edited by: "MSK." 28th Sep 2017

MSK.15 m ago

They've offered us low users absolutely nothing. This is after they made …They've offered us low users absolutely nothing. This is after they made airtime credit data extortionately more expensive.It's only the free giffgaff to giffgaff calls that keep me there, as that's 99% of my calls. If I could find something that offered me this and a little more data, I'd jump ship in a heat beat and move everyone with me.

Not sure if it still works but used this for a couple of years
hotukdeals.com/dea…343

uses data so quality not that great

MSK.50 m ago

They've offered us low users absolutely nothing. This is after they made …They've offered us low users absolutely nothing. This is after they made airtime credit data extortionately more expensive.It's only the free giffgaff to giffgaff calls that keep me there, as that's 99% of my calls. If I could find something that offered me this and a little more data, I'd jump ship in a heat beat and move everyone with me.

It's just the convienence of no contract at all that keeps me with them, all I really use is texts, and even then I still only use bout half of my allowance..

Wongy1101 h, 41 m ago

Not sure if it still works but used this for a couple of …Not sure if it still works but used this for a couple of yearshttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-sim-card-with-free-calls-and-texts-with-vectone-still-available-updated-5th-feb-2015-see-last-post-1814343uses data so quality not that great

It's a third more expensive than Giffgaff to get network to network free calls.

MSK.3 m ago

It's a third more expensive than Giffgaff to get network to network free …It's a third more expensive than Giffgaff to get network to network free calls.

It was free just two free sims required
and two phones yes........

Wongy11014 m ago

It was free just two free sims required and two phones yes........

It's not now. Read their site. That link is from 2015.

MSK.4 m ago

It's not now. Read their site. That link is from 2015.

"Not sure if it still works"
other companies have done similar since 'freedompop' not that I am saying you should touch them with your barge pole
Edited by: "Wongy110" 28th Sep 2017

Wongy1106 m ago

Right and I'm telling you I've checked and it doesn't.

Wongy11021 m ago

It was free just two free sims required and two phones yes........

Not yes. No.

Wongy11025 m ago

Wongy11025 m ago

If you say so was a few years ago
how if you read the the thread.......
does it let you/have treid orderin a sim ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 28th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions