Expired

Giffgaff (o2) VS Three?

Found 19th Apr 2013
Hi guys

I have been on giffgaff for the past year and a half or so, but since getting an LTE Note II I've been thinking about switching to the £12.90 1 month rolling contracts that Three offer to take advantage of DC-HSDPA fast internet. Since It's only 90p more than I currently pay, I'm thinking it might be worth the switch. However, I'm curious to hear other people's opinions/experiences on how both these networks compare to each other?

I primarily use Data on my phone, and while I'm generally happy with giffgaff, I do feel as though I'm getting fairly slow speeds and that it will be much faster on Three. My main worry is that I almost always have a stable 2G connection on giffgaff for voice calls and texts, and I'm concerned that the Three network will have frequent outages of signal when 3G is not around?

Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
8 Comments
GG FTW.

£7.50 pm.
ewwaxo

GG FTW.£7.50 pm.

This is what i came to say.

Now i feel unwanted.
Personally I find 3 much better for where I live. I don't even get a signal in the house at all with O2 and I find the data speeds are better with 3 than O2. I'll be dropping O2 for good as soon as my contract with them is up. All depends on the coverage for where you are though.
D_G

This is what i came to say.Now i feel unwanted.

I want unlimited net though
rick77

Personally I find 3 much better for where I live. I don't even get a … Personally I find 3 much better for where I live. I don't even get a signal in the house at all with O2 and I find the data speeds are better with 3 than O2. I'll be dropping O2 for good as soon as my contract with them is up. All depends on the coverage for where you are though.

Thanks for the input

I've tested Three in my house and the net is faster than giffgaff, but the signal kinda sucks. No drop of signal though. The problem is I haven't really moved about much with it to test how it fares when going to other areas. The lack of 2G fallback does worry me slightly.
3 are alright with me, wherever I lose signal, so do my friends on EE and O2 except Arndale where they drop to 2G. If 3 had a 2G signal to use, it'd get same signal strength but even on 1-2 bar, I'm getting faster speeds than friends on EE in same area who have like 4-5 bars. Greater Manchester area.
CouldntThinkOfAUsername

3 are alright with me, wherever I lose signal, so do my friends on EE and … 3 are alright with me, wherever I lose signal, so do my friends on EE and O2 except Arndale where they drop to 2G. If 3 had a 2G signal to use, it'd get same signal strength but even on 1-2 bar, I'm getting faster speeds than friends on EE in same area who have like 4-5 bars. Greater Manchester area.

Ok thanks for that. Puts my mind at ease a bit.

Still have a bit of credit left on my three pay and go so tempted to take it out tonight and see how it fares.
Three by a country mile.

Unlimited Internet is amazing!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants