GiffGaff or Tesco Mobile

LocalFound 6th Feb 2014
anyone used both of these how do you find reception (for calls & internet) when using 3G.

I am currently of Ovivo but find receiving calls when using there 3g a problem.
Community Updates
16 Comments
Tesco and giffgaff both use the o2 network so reception will be identical.
I can't comment on GiffGaff but most of my family are on Tesco Mobile and have never had any issues.
Don't forget Tesco will be offering 4G at no extra cost.
GiffGaff are good value for money but they have had a few network outages in the past 12 months (usually after really bad weather).
I have used giffgaff for about 3 years now, yes they have had outages but wasn't too much of an issue. Get free calls if between giffgaff users. I just get £10 goody bag which is ideal for my use.
Left giffgaff due to outages and other issues.
Have an o2 contract now.
Costs more but I'm happy, not for everyone though.
Ok would 1GB data be ok for things like using the BBC & Sky news apps like do these normally take lots of data?
Yes 1GB is fine for browsing news pages,but once you start streaming music and video that's when you'll need more than 1GB.

I'm on giffgaff with 1GB internet. I use it daily to browse websites and I stream music for around 3 hours a week while I'm at the gym. My usage is normally around 800mb which is mostly made up of the music I stream.

If your not sure whether 1GB is enough you can go for the £12* giffgaff goodybag which is unlimited!

*Source: giffgaffoffer.webs.com/pri…es/
A Tesco mobile deal has been posted and is worth a look.
Is it this one

hotukdeals.com/dea…rue

do you have a direct link to order the sim. Also do I need a 4G phone to use the sim?
northeastkev

Tesco and giffgaff both use the o2 network so reception will be identical.

Except Giffgaff have no customer services to ring if you have a problem unlike tesco who have excellent UK customer services you can phone.. avoid giffgaff imo.
decided on tesco
I left tesco because I found even when I have Internet turned off it still eats into my capped data and I'm charged! Ive looked on tesco reviews and found that I'm not alone! Moved to sainsburys, who use Vodafone network but Internet signal is very poor in northern ireland. Now trialling Giff Gaff who of course use the same 02 network as tesco and so far so good.
I switched from giffgaff to iD in the last few weeks because they use 3's network and offer 4g as standard for similar prices. So far I'm happy with them. Their internet seems a lot faster than giffgaff's, even just 3g.
carphone iD service seem good value but 3 are bad in my area.
Steve Mac

I switched from giffgaff to iD in the last few weeks because they use 3's … I switched from giffgaff to iD in the last few weeks because they use 3's network and offer 4g as standard for similar prices. So far I'm happy with them. Their internet seems a lot faster than giffgaff's, even just 3g.

Interesting, haven't heard of iD. Is it contract only? Using giffgaff. even phone signal is rubbish sometimes, screw internet. Think there's only one or two transmitters for the whole flipping city. Cheap though!

Was going to suggest checking what transmitters are near by:

http://sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

But just realised this thread is a zombie.
Edited by: "MSK." 10th Jun 2015
moneysavingkitten

Interesting, haven't heard of iD. Is it contract only? Using giffgaff. … Interesting, haven't heard of iD. Is it contract only? Using giffgaff. even phone signal is rubbish sometimes, screw internet. Think there's only one or two transmitters for the whole flipping city. Cheap though!Was going to suggest checking what transmitters are near by:http://sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/searchBut just realised this thread is a zombie.

I hadn't heard of iD until I read a thread on here a few weeks ago about other networks. I'm currently on a 30 day ruling contract but paying £12.50 for 500mins, 5000 texts and 2gb of data with 4g as standard. Happy so far.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants