Giffgaff SIMO advice?

Found 20th May
Hi,

My contract runs out next month and I was thinking of trying sim only. I was looking at Giffgaff SIMO plans which seem very reasonable. I'm considering it because it uses O2's network.

Would anyone recommend Giffgaff or should I try a different network?
Community Updates
Askgiffgaff
8 Comments
Why not use o2, call them up and see what sim only deals they can offer.
Giffgaff and O2 are both owned by telefonica. Tesco also use the O2 network.
Most I know In family are on giffgaff as free calls and text giffgaff to giffgaff but I'm on tesco network so odd one out. For £11 I get 4gig data 1500 mins and unlimited text as a guide. Customer service is brilliant
GG speeds are shockingly bad and their MD last year near enough went out of his way to say they didn’t care as long as they made o2 loads of money. There is a hierarchy with o2 leading Tesco and now sky getting the best speeds and GG scraping the bottom of the barrel. If speed is important look else where we used t have about 20 people on GG but now not one. Better service else where sadly.
I've always got amazing speeds from tesco mobile network. I do Read giffgaff throttle there network while 02 is the fasted. No idea if this is true
Got a good deal from O2, 12 month SIMO plan with 20gb data, unlimited calls and texts for £20 a month. Plus you can upgrade after 3 months with no upgrade fees
lazyboyjonny1 h, 9 m ago

Got a good deal from O2, 12 month SIMO plan with 20gb data, unlimited …Got a good deal from O2, 12 month SIMO plan with 20gb data, unlimited calls and texts for £20 a month. Plus you can upgrade after 3 months with no upgrade fees

I went for the same but with 10gb for £17 (I’d never use 10gb let alone 20gb lol.)
I often use GG in between contracts. Look at mobiles.co.uk for some SIM only contracts. I've had some good deals from them in the past. I've heard that GG throttle speed but personally I've never had a problem.
Don't forget to look at the HUKD SIM only thread.
Good luck
Edited by: "alecb" 20th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants