Gift card

Posted 14th Feb
If I got a gift card from sport direct with both receipt can I take it back for a refund my partner doesn’t want it I got the wrong shop?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Sport direct wont refund anything in cash.
I was in the queue waiting when the lady at the till paid in cash for an item and then her friend said its the wrong one, Lady said Ive changed my mind can I have a refund please
Ok said staff I will get you a gift card, after 10 mins and the manager getting involved still no cash back only gift card.
20 Comments
Gift cards are non refundable usually + it's Mike Ashley so especially difficult. Go back to point of purchase and beg, hope a manager takes pity or you have lost out.
Edited by: "jamie15" 14th Feb
Sport direct wont refund anything in cash.
I was in the queue waiting when the lady at the till paid in cash for an item and then her friend said its the wrong one, Lady said Ive changed my mind can I have a refund please
Ok said staff I will get you a gift card, after 10 mins and the manager getting involved still no cash back only gift card.
Unfortunately you've got absolutely no chance. If they won't even let you bring back an unwanted unused item for a cash refund they sure as hell won't let you bring back a gift card.
Sorry for the blunt answer.. but you have zero chance of getting a refund. I know people who work there and no matter the stories/excuses/reasons customers give, you will not get a refund in cash under any circumstances.
bigwheels14/02/2020 14:35

Sport direct wont refund anything in cash.I was in the queue waiting when …Sport direct wont refund anything in cash.I was in the queue waiting when the lady at the till paid in cash for an item and then her friend said its the wrong one, Lady said Ive changed my mind can I have a refund pleaseOk said staff I will get you a gift card, after 10 mins and the manager getting involved still no cash back only gift card.

No mandatory obligation to provide refund to on-premises customer error / change of mind sales so the offer of refund to gift card is bizarrely generous.
AndyRoyd14/02/2020 15:11

No mandatory obligation to provide refund to on-premises customer error / …No mandatory obligation to provide refund to on-premises customer error / change of mind sales so the offer of refund to gift card is bizarrely generous.

I know, Just poor customer service.
Buy some TapOut gear & put the sales clerk to sleep
bigwheels14/02/2020 15:13

I know, Just poor customer service.

Or alternatively a merchant offering to forego its own rights so that the customer benefits could be viewed as good practice / good service.
Try and find a family member or friend who will switch it with you for cash
I'm having a hard time translating your words into English.
Do you want to take your partner back to the shop for a refund?
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell14/02/2020 16:53

I'm having a hard time translating your words into English.Do you want to …I'm having a hard time translating your words into English.Do you want to take your partner back to the shop for a refund?

lol. i wish i could just give hubby to the shop and they can keep him for free. i don't need any money, they would be doing me a favour
mutley114/02/2020 17:06

lol. i wish i could just give hubby to the shop and they can keep him for …lol. i wish i could just give hubby to the shop and they can keep him for free. i don't need any money, they would be doing me a favour

This is the problem with gift cards. They are of no benefit to anyone other than the store. Why not give the cash instead, which is so much more flexible, reliable, and useful?
You could try selling it off to a site that buys unwanted cards. At the moment Cardyard do not want your card.
TristanDeCoonha14/02/2020 19:07

This is the problem with gift cards. They are of no benefit to anyone …This is the problem with gift cards. They are of no benefit to anyone other than the store. Why not give the cash instead, which is so much more flexible, reliable, and useful?You could try selling it off to a site that buys unwanted cards. At the moment Cardyard do not want your card.

it is because in the uk, it is considered crass to give cash and it is considered more polite to give a gift card. just the way we think as in other society people think it much more desirable to give cash as a gift. apparently 87% of brits would prefer cash as a gift but it is hard to move away from tradition.

lol. i wish i could just give hubby to the shop and they can keep him for …lol. i wish i could just give hubby to the shop and they can keep him for free. i don't need any money, they would be doing me a favour

I think your husband would be very happy!

Heart warming to see the spirit of today's date of 14th Feb is alive and kicking.
AndyRoyd14/02/2020 20:20

Heart warming to see the spirit of today's date of 14th Feb is alive and …Heart warming to see the spirit of today's date of 14th Feb is alive and kicking.

i only joking. hubby is lovely 50% of the time
Hennah14/02/2020 14:45

Sorry for the blunt answer.. but you have zero chance of getting a refund. …Sorry for the blunt answer.. but you have zero chance of getting a refund. I know people who work there and no matter the stories/excuses/reasons customers give, you will not get a refund in cash under any circumstances.

*except from when the purchase is made online. In which case, even if collected in store, you must print off a returns form and post it back at your own expense.
mutley114/02/2020 19:25

it is because in the uk, it is considered crass to give cash and it is …it is because in the uk, it is considered crass to give cash and it is considered more polite to give a gift card. just the way we think as in other society people think it much more desirable to give cash as a gift. apparently 87% of brits would prefer cash as a gift but it is hard to move away from tradition.

So people would prefer to be given cash, but consider it impolite were they to gift it.
Some people are so stupid.
TristanDeCoonha15/02/2020 13:46

So people would prefer to be given cash, but consider it impolite were …So people would prefer to be given cash, but consider it impolite were they to gift it.Some people are so stupid.

it just feels a bit degrading if you just gave someone a £10 note, especially an adult, but if you gave them a £10 gift card it looks more appropriate. just the way society thinks about etiquette.

express.co.uk/lif…rch

"Although more than half would prefer to be given money so they can send it however they want, many still think giving cash gift is tacky."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants