Gift Card Activation Time from Supermarkets

Found 29th Dec 2013
Morrisons / Tesco specifically

Can you buy gift cards for ARGOS / CURRYS / PC WORLD / WHSMITH / NEW LOOK / ARCADIA ETC and then go shopping with them immediately?
Community Updates
I work at morrisons and we got told it can take upto 24 hrs but normally done straight away you get a second receipt with the purchase of a gift card and it will say activated on it if it says declined it hasn't scanned properly always check it the operator is supposed to before they give it to you but I bet not all do. You get money off petrol when you buy them from morrisons 1p off a litre for every £10 spent.
Original Poster
I did the Tesco offer recently of 150 bonus points with £50 spend on Gift Cards and got a till spit for 5p off per litre which you only get when you spend £50 also. Rather convenient. Anyway that was Amazon so it said on it 15 minutes, but I would love to do this before shopping on the high street but I could end up spending all my money on gift cards and then not being able to use them as I will be doing it all in one day.
I found for homebase giftcard bought from Tesco I could not use it on the day- homebase said it took 24 hours to activate.
Post a comment

Top Discussions