Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

gift card payment in M&S food hall

Posted 9th Jul 2020
Anyone know if there is an option to pay by gift card at the self service machines in M&S food hall?

I tend to go to the till and hand the gift card over to the cashier, but I would prefer to do this at the self service check out, if the machine can scan the bar code there as well.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I know gift receipts need authorisation at self service tills. Pretty sure there’s an option for gift card, but not sure if you need assistance
MKS1409/07/2020 18:53

I know gift receipts need authorisation at self service tills. Pretty sure …I know gift receipts need authorisation at self service tills. Pretty sure there’s an option for gift card, but not sure if you need assistance

i don't mind if i have to ask for assistance. i know sainsburys accept gift card payment as an option at their self service till, which is really useful. they don't need authorisation either as it just scans the bar code on the gift voucher.
I know Tesco are the same as Sainsburys. Just try it, don’t see why it would need authorisation? If you do need assistance, then at least you know for next time
MKS1409/07/2020 19:16

I know Tesco are the same as Sainsburys. Just try it, don’t see why it w …I know Tesco are the same as Sainsburys. Just try it, don’t see why it would need authorisation? If you do need assistance, then at least you know for next time

as you say that there is an option there, i will have a go next time. i have used the self service machines often but i never paid attention to the payment options.

thanks
mutley109/07/2020 19:27

as you say that there is an option there, i will have a go next time. i …as you say that there is an option there, i will have a go next time. i have used the self service machines often but i never paid attention to the payment options.thanks

No probs. Hope it works for you.
The option for gift card payment is there and authorisation is not required. Option to scan barcode or type in
DelilaD09/07/2020 22:56

The option for gift card payment is there and authorisation is not …The option for gift card payment is there and authorisation is not required. Option to scan barcode or type in

brilliant. thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text