Groups

Gift ideas for my lovely mother-in-law birthday

Hi guys, I need some suggestions/advices in what to get as a birthday present for my mother-in-law. She'll be 60...

I have to say she is lovely and always look after me. She is definitely getting a lot of flowers, chocolate and etc from friends and family.. So, that is why I would like to give her something kind of unique, different and heart-warming...

Please, help with this.. please..

26 Comments

What are her hobbies?

how much are you looking to spend mate ? What about a beauty treatment - a nice manicure & then afternoon tea or a meal out or something like that ?

Or some jewellery ?

You can get some lovely watches for around £30 which are really nice ?

Does she have any hobbies?

i know i,d give mine a broomstick :whistling:

Banned

hire her a naked male servant for the day

Get a nice photoframe and put a good pic in it; Wedgwood make really nice frames from about £30 upwards. They look special and that's something nice she can keep.

Original Poster

chesso;8912397

What are her hobbies?

Nothing really, she still works full-time (mon-fri). Retiring this year, therefore she does not do much as a hobbie.

However, she loves her telly and all the soaps, series, etc (record a lot to watch all).. Also she loves the garden and the sun and spend a lot of free time outside, sunbathing.

Man, she is crazy for her holidays abroad.. She's been away 3 times this year so far and she is already making plans for more holidays when she retires.

She does not drink or go out.. She loves staying in..

whatsThePoint;8912434

hire her a naked male servant for the day

That is why she has been married for years..

Otto.uk;8912456

Nothing really, she still works full-time (mon-fri). Retiring this year, … Nothing really, she still works full-time (mon-fri). Retiring this year, therefore she does not do much as a hobbie. However, she loves her telly and all the soaps, series, etc (record a lot to watch all).. Also she loves the garden and the sun and spend a lot of free time outside, sunbathing. Man, she is crazy for her holidays abroad.. She's been away 3 times this year so far and she is already making plans for more holidays when she retires.She does not drink or go out.. She loves staying in..

Holidays are difficult to buy for - nice cabin luggage?
    Sunbathing - new lounger
    TV - Boxed set of favourite soap ( that's the prog not actual soap!!)
    garden - lovely tree in pot for patio.

harrods sale is on
    harrods.com/Har…uty

they do lovely gift wrap:thumbsup:

Banned

Otto.uk;8912456

That is why she has been married for years..

So the secret of a long marriage is having naked people in to do the cleaning :?

The trouble is, of course, that one person's perfect pressie is another person's desperate disappointment.

I wouldn't even like to be given a couple of the things I've suggested!!

kareandy;8912420

i know i,d give mine a broomstick :whistling:

LOL, same here! although i think she's already got one !, maybe some wart remover :w00t:

My Mum was sixty a couple of weeks ago and we got her a netbook ! as she is retiring soon after working full time for the last 45 years and is not computer literate at all and she would love to be , so she will soon have the time to learn ! ( god help me teaching her, i dont think she even knows how to power it up !) lol

How about some nice garden furniture then - you can get some lovely sets like a table & chairs ?

If you know where she is going on her next hols - how about a guide to there and some travellers chqs or similar - maybe £60 as she's 60 ? For some treats while she is there - and if you are really splashing out - you could do her a holiday bag - eg. a chick lit book (cheap in supermarkets), bottle suncream, cheap sunglasses etc ?

another idea - but not sure if any good to you - last Christmas all the grandchildren got together and bought our grandparents a digital photo frame as most of us live along way from them - then we regualrly send pics to my brother who lives in the same town - and he updates the card - so they see pictures of their grandchildren and great - grandchildren as they grow ?

.......and they only need to tuen the on / off switch !

How about a good camera - for her holidays and to take of her family etc and just out and about?

How about a surprise/happy retirement party.

does she have an animal she likes as for our dad's 60th we paid for him to feed the lemars at Marwell Zoo as he loves watching them....He would stay all day if he could and he loved it.

My mum's 60th in August and we are all putting together for a spa break and its mother in laws 60th in August too and she is getting London Theatre tickets for a show she is dying to see.

how about a family portrait? my MIL loved this
    or theatre or spa break.
    How about one of those emmerdale or coronation street tours?

Original Poster

thank you everyone for the ideas..:thumbsup:

Some good ones. :-D

I gave my Mo-in-lo a digital photo frame with all her favorite photos of the family (especially grand children) on a sd card and put it on slideshow and she loved it! I think the more personal touch is more imprtant than the price! If that fails get her one of those dogs bum sticking up in the air ornaments for her garden...Classy. ;-)

numptyj;8917499

http://www.annsummers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay1_40151_10202_-1_10001_N_10201

Numpty...That's just wrong...Very wrong...I feel unwell just thinking about it...

Do you have kids?

You could get her some fingerprint jewellery - google it - you can get some really lovely pieces with kids prints or a picture they have drawn.
    I think its really different (if a little expensive) but something she can keep forever!

I have an absolutely FANTASTIC Mother-in-law. For her 65th Birthday this year, we got her a two hour experience at Knockhill Racing circuit - and OMG she loved every minute of it hahaha!!!! We knew she would lol and she was buzzing for hours afterwards. She is like my own mother - the glue that keeps the whole family together and such a great laugh too!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad44
      2. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?46
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue67
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?77

See more discussions