Found 26th Jun 2010
gift ideas for colleague's new born baby girl please......,

rep will be given for help,many thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

My cousin's just about to have a baby and they just asked for all the normal stuff to save money (clothes, a blanket, etc) but my mum also knitted a toy for the little one. My cousin and his partner were thrilled so if you have any knitting skills, it could be a winner

Banned

web address in the babies name, they will come to thank you in years to come

Original Poster

SecondNature08;8921350

My cousin's just about to have a baby and they just asked for all the … My cousin's just about to have a baby and they just asked for all the normal stuff to save money (clothes, a blanket, etc) but my mum also knitted a toy for the little one. My cousin and his partner were thrilled so if you have any knitting skills, it could be a winner

blanket might be good idea but where to buy one:thinking:

Sophie the giraffe like this amazon.co.uk/Ori…8-1
we were given one for our son when he was born and I've since given them to friends they are fab, or a magazine subscription to something like Mother and Baby? You can always just do a few issues if you look for a special offer, I'd have liked something like that more than more babygrows or chocs

name a star after her, or do a little hamper with newspapers from the day she was born, perhaps a babygrow or blanket as perviously suggested - a few things (smellies?) for new mummy too
M&S do some lovely knitted blankets

flp14344;8921378

blanket might be good idea but where to buy one:thinking:

John Lewis have some nice ones, as well as a couple of shawls which are good for newborns.

When I had my kids I was always much more grateful for the presies that were for me, like champagne or nice smellies... ;-)

Original Poster

geegee-pinata;8921682

name a star after her, or do a little hamper with newspapers from the day … name a star after her, or do a little hamper with newspapers from the day she was born, perhaps a babygrow or blanket as perviously suggested - a few things (smellies?) for new mummy too M&S do some lovely knitted blankets

Butterbean;8921760

John Lewis have some nice ones, as well as a couple of shawls which are … John Lewis have some nice ones, as well as a couple of shawls which are good for newborns.When I had my kids I was always much more grateful for the presies that were for me, like champagne or nice smellies... ;-)

will have a look in M&S and John Lewis tomorrow,many thanks guys:thumbsup:

why not get a cute bib for the baby (try mothercare) and spend the rest on lovely smellies for the mummy eg. nice body shop bits, M&S shea body butter is lovely, Boots botanicals etc. It will be appreciated!

If they don't have one already why not buy them a baby intercom. should last them for years when the little one is upstairs and having a sleep.

ei8hty5ive;8921884

Something like this maybe? … Something like this maybe? http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/babys-hand-and-foot-cast-kit.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_term=Babys+Hand+And+Foot+Cast+KitFoot and hand cast (+ frame?!)

+1000, someone bought me one of these 8 years ago and i've bought one for every baby i've known born since, love it.:thumbsup:

Depending on your budget I bought my sister one of those baby clothes bouquets - it looked fantastic! I got mine from:

babyblooms.co.uk/

lostscot;8921658

Sophie the giraffe like this … Sophie the giraffe like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Sophie-Giraffe-Teether-Toy/dp/B000SOG7BY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1277580206&sr=8-1we were given one for our son when he was born and I've since given them to friends they are fab, or a magazine subscription to something like Mother and Baby? You can always just do a few issues if you look for a special offer, I'd have liked something like that more than more babygrows or chocs

+1 - definitely one of these! We managed to pick one up while over in France in a Toys R Us for only 6 euros which is a bargain because they're really expensive over here as they're imported from France (obviously). If you know someone who is going to France for summer hols ask if they can pick one up for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    2. Driving anxiety.1517
    3. Xbox Newbie34
    4. private number44

See more discussions