Groups

gift vouchers?

can you buy gift vouchers online (from the original store NOT from a 3rd party)?

If you can (for high street retailers - tescos, currys, pc world, argos, etc.) can you use the 5% vouchers etc you see on here to buy them? If that is possible, could you not purchase x amount of vouchers, get the discount on that purchase and then use those vouchers to fund another purchase and then use the original code again. Effectively doubling the relevant codes value.

Anyone tried this (or has experience of using staff discounts to buy vouchers because this could be another way of saving a few quid).

7 Comments

Original Poster

hmmm, not sure why it's posted this thread twice.

Can one of the mods please delete one.

Many thanks

You can delete your own posts...

[LIST=1]
    [*]Goto the post you want to delete & click [COLOR="Red"]EDIT[/COLOR]
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/HUKD/Delete.gif
    [*]Then click on the button that says [COLOR="red"]DELETE[/COLOR]
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/HUKD/Edit.gif
    [*]Click the radio button [COLOR="red"]DELETE MESSAGE [/COLOR]on the left and to confirm deletion click [COLOR="red"]DELETE THIS MESSAGE [/COLOR]on the right hand side
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/HUKD/Final.gif
    [/LIST]

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Admin

It usually says in the small print on discount voucher codes that you can't use them against gift voucher purchases.

Banned

birdyboyuk

You can delete your own posts...[LIST=1][*]Goto the post you want to … You can delete your own posts...[LIST=1][*]Goto the post you want to delete & click [COLOR="Red"]EDIT[/COLOR][*]Then click on the button that says [COLOR="red"]DELETE[/COLOR][*]Click the radio button [COLOR="red"]DELETE MESSAGE [/COLOR]on the left and to confirm deletion click [COLOR="red"]DELETE THIS MESSAGE [/COLOR]on the right hand side[/LIST]Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

dont think you can delete an opening post, i may be wrong

sassie

dont think you can delete an opening post, i may be wrong

You are not wrong :oops:

You cannot delete an opening post....oh well! [SIZE="1"](Took me ages to do this too! lol)[/SIZE]

Banned

birdyboyuk

You are not wrong :oops: [/SIZE]

I'm female, did you really believe i was :giggle:

social lurker

Anyone tried this (or has experience of using staff discounts to buy … Anyone tried this (or has experience of using staff discounts to buy vouchers because this could be another way of saving a few quid).

My union offer some gift vouchers via ]Oakwood Promotions. For me, the most useful vouchers they offer are the Love2shop High Street Gift Vouchers (the highest tier, at 8% off) or Theatre tokens at 10% off. I can get some supermarket vouchers at differing discounts and also John Lewis vouchers (which can be used online too). Oakwood apply a transaction charge and postage so I tend to bulk buy every so often (when I have spare cash) to maximise discount vs postage.

Could be useful when making big purchases as any discount would be useful. ISTR one example on their site was if you were buying a new kitchen at one of the stores where x% of a £n000 would be particularly handy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      3. One thing you've forgotten56
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504

See more discussions